SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Be careful CK. LNER engines have a habit of nodding off at the drop of a hat.

That will be the unmodified DJH front bogie design that caused that. Wouldn't happen on Little Bitethem and it deffo wouldn't happen on SOSJ.

P

• Like 1

Maybe just need a push ?   :jester:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-10-24 at 13.04.40.png

Rear ended .....

Just an update re the Hymeks on West Somerset.

It was D7018s test run, which is said to have been successful bar a small oilleak.

Pics and story here on Taunton Trains website

http://tauntontrains-co-uk.stackstaging.com/news

Thanks to my brother for the info, and photos.

You just can't trust elastic bands these days. They don't last more than a few minutes.

Poor old thingy; quite nice livery though.

Lovely. We have had such beautiful weather the last few days and it seems to have been almost countrywide for a change.

It was a good sunset at another famous place too, closely followed by the surprise performance of the season so far.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1940199019617226&set=pcb.922255971294082&type=3&ifg=1&__tn__=HH-

R&eid=ARAozPj378WlyUut72EV4JPguykfUIzITi2aeLHkUYsHzt0xXsxT8A5SP5P3sOyu4leuWxgqTk9PlUvP

As you mention, lovely weather for the time of year.  The other evening, I checked into the WSR late after the scheduled services were over and saw a wisp of steam at Minehead.  As this time of day is about the only time I get to see anything, it turned out to be a Hall backing out from servicing and after the points were reset, reversing back onto carriages on Platform 2.  It left tender first and ten minutes or so later, turned up at Blue Anchor on the Up platform and after a while the loco ran around and set off back to Minehead.  Exciting stuff!  Everything appeared to be working OK so wonder what this was all about.

Soon the hour will go back and I shall lose this only contact until the Spring. :cry:

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Screen shots.  How does one obtain them please?

Brian.

Press 'Print Screen' and then open a basic imaging programme like 'Paint', where you can play around with the image and create a j-peg from it.

I then do any trimming of the j-peg in Photoshop.

Just an update re the Hymeks on West Somerset.

It was D7018s test run, which is said to have been successful bar a small oilleak.

Pics and story here on Taunton Trains website

http://tauntontrains-co-uk.stackstaging.com/news

Thanks to my brother for the info, and photos.

Thank you Tony, I was merely browsing earlier to see what was running and saw these pull into Blue Anchor.

By the amount of activity it appeared from an initial glance that something was wrong.

Both you and your brother have cleared up the mystery for me now and also another useful web site to visit.

All the best

G

• Like 1

Screen shots.  How does one obtain them please?

Brian.

If using a MacBook it's Command-shift-3 to capture the whole screen and it will then usually appear on your desktop as a .png file.

Should you require a portion of the screen then it's Command-shift-4, crosshairs should appear and you then use them to capture the area you require.

As Tim advises, you can the drag the image into you chosen image software/ photo software and alter / edit should you wish.

G

• RMweb Premium

As you mention, lovely weather for the time of year.  The other evening, I checked into the WSR late after the scheduled services were over and saw a wisp of steam at Minehead.  As this time of day is about the only time I get to see anything, it turned out to be a Hall backing out from servicing and after the points were reset, reversing back onto carriages on Platform 2.  It left tender first and ten minutes or so later, turned up at Blue Anchor on the Up platform and after a while the loco ran around and set off back to Minehead.  Exciting stuff!  Everything appeared to be working OK so wonder what this was all about.

Soon the hour will go back and I shall lose this only contact until the Spring. :cry:

Brian.

Possibly a private train or fish and chip special? Might just have been a little run to test a quick repair?

Phil

• RMweb Premium

If using a MacBook it's Command-shift-3 to capture the whole screen and it will then usually appear on your desktop as a .png file.

Should you require a portion of the screen then it's Command-shift-4, crosshairs should appear and you then use them to capture the area you require.

As Tim advises, you can the drag the image into you chosen image software/ photo software and alter / edit should you wish.

G

Blimey, I thought you had to use your phone camera to take a picture  :jester:

Iva Kodak

• RMweb Premium

Thanks; I'm sure it'll get me nearer to the norty step!

Hi Steve

I just thought you were brave.

Edit, On a visit to LB I did mention the bachy LMS vans didn't look like any van that ran in Britain and all his Vanwides wouldn't have been built in 1958 but it appears my dissemination of knowledge has yet to be acted on. Now if I had a LNER Pacific with the wrong type of curly bit on the number 6 on the front number plate well.........

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Press 'Print Screen' and then open a basic imaging programme like 'Paint', where you can play around with the image and create a j-peg from it.

I then do any trimming of the j-peg in Photoshop.

In Micro$oft Windoze, pressing Alt and 'Print Screen' copies just the current window to the paste buffer, and not the incriminating clutter from the rest of the screen.

• RMweb Gold

My doctor has forbidden me to push.

Congratulations, when is it due?

A friend, whose late father was I think known to St Enodoc, has a sister who is a gynaecologist. When sis was expecting her first child, she confided that she feared that despite all the ante-natal classes she had run for other expectant mums, and during which she had emphasised when not to push during labour, when her own due day came, she would do exactly what she had told so many not to!

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 1