SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Cor Blimey, if you lot are going to suggest middle of nowhere places I might as well bung in Soloby

Edit if you look at the OS map on the link there is a crossing by Lodge Farm in All Saints, we nearly bought the old crossing keepers house there before buying the place we now have. There were another 2 level crossings in the village, one (Ings Lane) had a similar crossing keepers house like in the 2006 photo but that burnt down many years ago. The small hut used by the crossing keeper still survives and has barn owls nesting in it. The other crossing (North End Lane) had a totally different design of house. The old boy who lives in the house on the site of the house that burnt down as a young man use to unload the coal wagons at the station, his dad was the local coal merchant.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

1963 when the WR decided they would wreck the SR, they stuck two panniers (sadly offensive) that were redundant in South Wales, on the Seaton Branch with Auto coaches.

Ar$£

Um. I am telling Sir on the other thread, where he says a pannier never offends, and then he’ll give you What For. So there.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Um. I am telling Sir on the other thread, where he says a pannier never offends, and then he’ll give you What For. So there.

Hi Bish

I do believe there are some misguided people who get offended when a pannier is painted in nice a nice lined red livery with Routemaster bus transfers on their sides.

I think it is bestest livery for them.

post-16423-0-29863000-1540854505_thumb.jpg

Oh look there appears to be one at Sheffield Exchange.

• Like 8

Good thought, particularly as I've just bought the new Lightmoor book on the Southwold Railway

Spookily, that's one of the areas we are looking at in our planned move to Norfolk  :sungum:  :sungum:

If Sir Mallard will permit, here is a model that I did finish... It will be going to it's new owner at the weekend if all goes according to plan

gallery_8865_4532_3875.jpg

It's half an advent calendar!

Ta, I should have said that she is a regular and enthusiastic cyclist and has completed some long distance rides including Hadrian's Way earlier this year. Her existing bike is almost worn out after 20 years or so. She does not wear full Lycra and does not get a sore arse.

Phil

You know phil you should be careful making comments like "does not get a sore arse" - there are some folks in the Interweb the get very excited about that sort of thing!

• RMweb Premium

Good thought, particularly as I've just bought the new Lightmoor book on the Southwold Railway

Spookily, that's one of the areas we are looking at in our planned move to Norfolk  :sungum:  :sungum:

If Sir Mallard will permit, here is a model that I did finish... It will be going to it's new owner at the weekend if all goes according to plan

gallery_8865_4532_3875.jpg

Stuff the model railway world dear heart, you should be working in the University field training wannabe Surgeons. That is most worthy and should go to Warley. Proper job 0.6.0 (well 2.2.2) too. Is it DCC sound?

Ar$£

• RMweb Gold

Hi Bish

I do believe there are some misguided people who get offended when a pannier is painted in nice a nice lined red livery with Routemaster bus transfers on their sides.

I think it is bestest livery for them.

attachicon.gif100_5208.JPG

Oh look there appears to be one at Sheffield Exchange.

Yo Morty why do you have that proper red locomotive on your train set it seems out of character dear boy, wouldn't a blue Tornado sitting in a siding failed look more in keeping

also you don't have a bridge in shot with a bus on it come on keep up at the back there. :mosking: 

P. Taking. 

• RMweb Premium

Yo Morty why do you have that proper red locomotive on your train set it seems out of character dear boy, wouldn't a blue Tornado sitting in a siding failed look more in keeping

also you don't have a bridge in shot with a bus on it come on keep up at the back there. :mosking:

P. Taking. 

haruuuuummmmmppppphhhhh! Tornado is green at the moment.......and has recovered (ish).

:mail:

• RMweb Premium

Please remember that, unless you are very, very small, have unusually flexible eyes or it falls off the track and imitates a helpless beetle, you don't really see this lot under normal conditions. The roof is there just for fun. The 'A' & 'B' are marked so that I kan lean too spill

post-2326-0-86513600-1540896188_thumb.jpg

Strangely the foot-boards can be seen quite well from this position and the different lengths admired.

Note, there is no Dynamo and no battery Boxes as this was a gas only vehicle including lighting; yes really.

This is an illustration of the Blobby School of Soldering method.

U. Fluxoff

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

P. Taking. 

Wanna bet?

post-16423-0-24244400-1540896987_thumb.jpg

Not one

post-16423-0-09524300-1540897003_thumb.jpg

But two.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Yo Chris; I knew that and I was just seeing if you were up yet! U OK by the way?

P

30% or so off from Widnes at the moment (as is a lot of other stuff too). Usual disclaimer.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/NewsDetail.aspx?id=375&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=TwitterSaleoftheCentury2018Launch

Edited by St Enodoc

• RMweb Premium

P. Taking. 

Ah Mr Taking

The little red engine looked nice when I saw it on the shelf in the shop.

I did buy it to run on Hanging Hill, the plan was for a BR loco to bring in some loco coal for London Transport and the little red engine to swap them for some empty wagons and trundle off again. Loads of green diesels just going backwards and backwards the other way tended to get boring so for exhibitions I would have a special train. Sometimes it was the carriage heating locomotive bringing on an inspection saloon. Sometimes it was the LCGB brake van tour of ER loco sheds in London. Any thing that would make driving green diesels going backwards and backwards the other way difficult.

• Like 1

It's half an advent calendar!

The other bit's round the back and the loco is 25!

presumably the other half is a bus replacement advent calendar....

Still working on that, although we narrowly missed out on the truck version - tractor unit & 2 trailers

Stuff the model railway world dear heart, you should be working in the University field training wannabe Surgeons. That is most worthy and should go to Warley. Proper job 0.6.0 (well 2.2.2) too. Is it DCC sound?

Ar$£

No sound, but it is Desirable Christmas Creation. Strangely I did have to amputate Santa's arms for repositioning!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

30% or so off from Widnes at the moment (as is a lot of other stuff too). Usual disclaimer.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/NewsDetail.aspx?id=375&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=TwitterSaleoftheCentury2018Launch

Baccy Collett Bogies at £6.50 a SIPHON G worth.    Time to get your Lima pizza cutters sorted out!

• Like 1