SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

CTMK made an 'Ella Woodward' dish for lunch today, absolutely no meat in sight and courgettes very thinly sliced (by me) into spaghetti-like strips. Cooked up with other stuff in some olive oil ('Trust Me, I'm a Doctor' this week refers). It was actually rather nice and I'm still quite full up.

• RMweb Premium

Ring, ring. " 'Ello. Is that the Box?"

"No, you arse, this is the Bobby."

Anyhow, this track laying lark is a bit of a fag. 

I've done some rubbish pics to see if you think me curves are kinky enough.

post-2326-0-67292100-1453564924_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-54670700-1453564953_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-51476900-1453564972_thumb.jpg

In the next two don't take any notice of the left track as it isn't positioned yet.

post-2326-0-86802600-1453564993_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-85079000-1453565046_thumb.jpg

After the refuge point, going 'east', is the Xover. Peco Xovers do not 'allow' a proper 6' so the tracks will widen out (unless Graham shows me how to adjust the point geometry).

This last shot (rubbish I know), shows the approach to the Xover; I don't like it! (The right hand track is not positioned correctly yet.

post-2326-0-32459600-1453565065_thumb.jpg

All I can say is that the camera takes no prisoners, however when the track is viewed from a bit of a distance, the curves look quite good.

I have run my bestest  wagon (Walrus, coo coo ca choo) on both lengths and it glides and does not wobble (unlike me). None of this track is pinned; it is floating as Peco suggest. 

IMO the first and fourth pic give the better indication of the curves.

I shall take a couple more with the Tunnel in place.

I have no problem with 'doing a Coachman' if this looks sh1te.

Quackers. 

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

CTMK made an 'Ella Woodward' dish for lunch today, absolutely no meat in sight and courgettes very thinly sliced (by me) into spaghetti-like strips. Cooked up with other stuff in some olive oil ('Trust Me, I'm a Doctor' this week refers). It was actually rather nice and I'm still quite full up.

She's now tackling a Quinoan pizza base. I didn't realise that they made pizzas differently there.

• RMweb Premium

OK here is Stubby's elegant mouth (without wings as they have broken up and no longer perform).

post-2326-0-62249400-1453568179_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-69903500-1453568189_thumb.jpg

Excuse the carp coaches (Triang and Limby) but they are useful for pushing about when one has glue on one's fingers.

I think the mouth may need to rise a little more? Stu what's your thoughts?

post-2326-0-26850400-1453568105.jpg

Clearances are OK but I may have to adjust Stu's bendy thing round the back end (of the mouth) :scared:  as the two tracks curve away differently and do not retain the scale 6' . 

Quaaaaackers.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Yes, maybe another couple of mil higher would help.

If you need to open the lining sections, you could cut along the top, space the supports by 10mm, and re- fix together with strips of cardboard or foamboard. The extra piece of black card could be cut into strips to cover the gap at the top.

( If that doesn't make sense I'm send some pictures.)

• RMweb Premium

Yes, maybe another couple of mil higher would help.

If you need to open the lining sections, you could cut along the top, space the supports by 10mm, and re- fix together with strips of cardboard or foamboard. The extra piece of black card could be cut into strips to cover the gap at the top.

( If that doesn't make sense I'm send some pictures.)

Yes, I think so too. The mouth/wings base(s) will be adorned with ballast and detritus/stuff/ embankment weeds so the 'join' is not visible. I'll adjust the 'caterpillar' part(s) when I do the scenery. 

Tis an elegant portal and I do like the elliptical shape (if that's what it is?) the LSWR used for their Tunnel mouths down this line.

Q

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Lovely curves Mr Quackers!

Cooked up with other stuff in some olive oil ('Trust Me, I'm a Doctor' this week refers). 

I think the good Dr also referred to having 25ml of uncooked olive oil per day to be particularly good for you too (salad dressing etc).  That would be an English not a Scottish salad by the way!

I am at the present time building a curry, if it turns out to be a failure - I have a couple of bottles of Old Peculier to dull the disappointment and a few bottles of Addlestones Cloudy if all else fails.

Have a pleasant and restful evening one and all.

• RMweb Premium

Lovely curves Mr Quackers!

I think the good Dr also referred to having 25ml of uncooked olive oil per day to be particularly good for you too (salad dressing etc).  That would be an English not a Scottish salad by the way!

I am at the present time building a curry, if it turns out to be a failure - I have a couple of bottles of Old Peculier to dull the disappointment and a few bottles of Addlestones Cloudy if all else fails.

Have a pleasant and restful evening one and all.

Turned out that the oil thing didn't make a lot of difference at all. I reckon the Vit D from the sunshine and the general quality of the food (including the oil) makes for the 'secret' of longevity in Greece for example.

I quite like that Trust Me....... programme. It often gives good advice and I need a lot of that.

I might just try and run a loco on my little bit of track tomorrow to test electrickery continuity of course.

Soon I am going to have to face up to the fact that I need to modify, wire and sort out my points, Xings (arggggh) and double slips (even more arggghhhh but they don't need doing just yet). I also need to get a grip and lay the fiddle sidings with their associated wire bits (BUS). Problem is I hate wiring and know bu**er all about trickery. Sad!

So, I'm going to use Olive Oil to stick my track down tomorrow then I'm going for a walk.

Bless you all and goodnight.

Ducky.

• Like 2

blooming eck - RMWEb hasn't let me know what's going on so I manually entered the site today and what do I find? Track actually laid  O M G!

Well Done Phil - while I've been up to eye otters sorting out short circuits you;ve been making significant progress

Keep it up! 

• RMweb Premium

This was posted by a very thoughtful person on the Signal Bog Group (FB)

attachicon.gif12509684_10205824662275846_5535430450180097450_n.jpg

Code Frame for Chard Junction; fixed in the Cabinet. There must be one for Seaton Junction.

Phil

Wot no 1-2-1, how do I order my cuppa? :dontknow:

Put ya serious 'ead on Mortimore.  xD 

1, What a great find. :imsohappy:

2, Nice to see some track going down. :swoon: :good: 

• RMweb Premium

TH is this lady : http://www.santabanta.com/wallpapers/tina-hobley/who I have seen up close & personal !!  (I was front row when she did a Sharon Stone moment on stage...)

When my Uncle Charlie got his MBE he took my dad with him to Buckingham Palace. Afterwards my dad was talking about his day out, "I had an isle seat and could see everything." To which I replied "Your not supposed to look up Her Majesty's skirt." I got a clip round the ear for saying that, dad in his 70s and me in my 40s.

• Like 1

JA alert!

For any connoisseurs (or "dirty old men" as Mrs DS would put it!) who may not have noticed, said young lady was on-screen in "Walkabout", BBC2, early hours of this morning.

If you missed it & would like to catch up, I understand it's on I-player for the next 7 days.

Enjoy .  .  .  .

• RMweb Premium

Blimey, If I'd seen that swimming scene again I'd have had to go to A&E.

Anyway, today I have mainly been getting some trough lining, a 4" paint brush and then sticking some 3mm C & L Foam sheet (using a PVA/water mix) to my important bits. I have not unwrapped the trough lining but it looks good and is a greenish colour already. I am told this can be useful for embankments.

This evening I shall go and survey the chaos that is my store of stuff. There I shall try and find my Croc Clips and various other useful items.  

Quackers.

• Like 2

Anyhow, this track laying lark is a bit of a fag. 

I've done some rubbish pics to see if you think me curves are kinky enough.

After the refuge point, going 'east', is the Xover. Peco Xovers do not 'allow' a proper 6' so the tracks will widen out (unless Graham shows me how to adjust the point geometry).

All I can say is that the camera takes no prisoners, however when the track is viewed from a bit of a distance, the curves look quite good.

None of this track is pinned; it is floating as Peco suggest. 

I have no problem with 'doing a Coachman' if this looks sh1te.

Hi Ducky,

A bit late to the party, sorry (had a bit of a busy weekend!)

Track laying is brill (well, I think so anyway)

Curves are quite kinky, but laying them to the alignment pins will have them c0ck on (or should that be 'drake on' in your case?)

We can easily 'sort' a 6 foot centre Peco X-over for you so do plan on that basis

Can't help you with floating not pinning - but if it works for you.

I have to confess that I've lost the plot slightly as to what combination of foam/ballast/track you're planning to use round this side of the loft (or is it still under consideration?). Is this just a trial therefore or is it stuck down for keeps? If you're going to use Peco n foam, then spraying before laying for both will make a big difference visually and is a quick way to get to a decent appearance.

Standing by for a further call to action if required...

• Like 2