SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I was going to ask you how the Peco announcement might affect your plans, Dr Quackington.

I suspect it will depend on how obsessive I am about the look of the track. I will need to consider this carefully as I really do not require any excuses to not do work on the layout! If that new track was available now then there would be no hesitation in me choosing it.

Quackallofadoodle.

Edited by Mallard60022

I thought (and please correct me if I'm wrong), that Coachmann had used something like SMP on one of his earlier layouts?

yes, and every flavour of Peco going and a mix of SMP, C&L and Peco at once back in the Delph days iircc.... currently at Peco code 100 for maximum bullet proof dcc sound compatibility.

Peco bh would help me with a scheme that's marinating nicely on the shed floor at the moment, with apologies to Dr Quackington for the thread hijack.

post-238-0-98070400-1453901935_thumb.jpg

post-238-0-70181300-1453901948_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I thought (and please correct me if I'm wrong), that Coachmann had used something like SMP on one of his earlier layouts?

Larry was after a compromise between look and robustness. The look was OK but the weather is so challenging around his shed that he had to make changes. Then he had to make more changes, then he changed his mind about the location and had to make changes. Then he looked at my superb trackwork and decided he needed to make more changes. However, I think he is now in remission and his layout looks pretty good; well it did five minutes ago.

Quirky£ucky

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

yes, and every flavour of Peco going and a mix of SMP, C&L and Peco at once back in the Delph days iircc.... currently at Peco code 100 for maximum bullet proof dcc sound compatibility.

Peco bh would help me with a scheme that's marinating nicely on the shed floor at the moment, with apologies to Dr Quackington for the thread hijack.

attachicon.gifrmweb_mystery_layout_00.jpg

attachicon.gifrmweb_mystery_layout_01.jpg

I think you need more points on there, looks a little bit too simple...

• RMweb Gold

I suspect it will depend on how obsessive I am about the look of the track. I will need to consider this carefully as I really do not require any excuses to not do work on the layout! If that new track was available now then there would be no hesitation in me choosing it.

Quackallofadoodle.

Frankly, Phil, your track looks pretty darned good already. My view is that you should keep the momentum going and you'll almost certainly get more satisfaction from running your own trains on your own layout, than changing all the track and putting the 'grand opening day' back by a few more weeks or months.

• RMweb Premium

Frankly, Phil, your track looks pretty darned good already. My view is that you should keep the momentum going and you'll almost certainly get more satisfaction from running your own trains on your own layout, than changing all the track and putting the 'grand opening day' back by a few more weeks or months.

That is very kind Herr Kernerhowsenn. However, the CCE has recommended a relaying of that section with proper nails and glue and stuff; (next week/ Friday). There is also a Xing clearance adjustment to be sorted so it looks proper job. I should have waited of course but couldn't resist the temptation to experiment with the rubbery stuff. You will, of course, understand this sort of situation having dealt with excitable track gangs all these years.

I've contacted Pecoboo to ask if there is a release date. If it is soon then I shall choose that plan. If it isn't appearing for bl88dy ages then I shall crack on because, as you intimate, I can have fun when toots actually run.

Q!

I think you need more points on there, looks a little bit too simple...

....and a small hut?

P

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Sorry Fritters, no spare huts.

I've guessed where 'it' is but I don't know what 'it' is that is there.

Almost something happening alert: being a tight wad I managed to salvage the Inclined Pecoboo understuff with the aid of a bread knife. I then made the area tidy in readiness for the CCE's visit. I also found my special mirror that allows one to check ones curves for Ray and Dave.

I then found one of my M7s and that could be the first loco to test the track on SOSJ. Sadly I can't find my bag of bits that I know contains the Crocodiles. Never mind.

The most exciting parts of the visit to the loft were;

the sorting of various types of track pin that I found in a tin. I'm only just calming down after that;

unrolling a roll of 3mm cork and keeping it flat with some weighty things;

looking at a couple of pictures of Grantham Station and Shed that I took in 1962;

checking that my black C & L foam is stuck flat;

finding a DJH A2 Kit that I forgot I had;

finding a part built BR Mk1 underframe (Comet) that isn't mine and I don't want.

What I do need to do is find a suitable photo of the Incline for the CCE so that he can picture the 'path' that will be suitable. That means I can look at some books. yea.

Quackers. 

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

So, without resorting to actually reading the Peco does new profile trackwork thread, I have a few questions :

Can the difference between FB and BH be spotted at 3 ft away ?

Will the BH come in Code 75 and Code 100 ?

Will it still be too narrow ( at 16.5mm) ?

• RMweb Premium

So, without resorting to actually reading the Peco does new profile trackwork thread, I have a few questions :

Can the difference between FB and BH be spotted at 3 ft away ?

Will the BH come in Code 75 and Code 100 ?

Will it still be too narrow ( at 16.5mm) ?

What?

No!

No!

Yup!

Quackers.

• RMweb Premium

Now then chaps. I am having to inform you all that the wearing of nightwear during morning (or afternoon for that matter) postings on SOSJ and that includes those slippers that look like really furry pu$$ies, is not welcome. There are Standards on ANTB (other layouts are available) and I think you will agree that standards and conventions do need to be upheld on SOSJ. Onesies are also discouraged and there must be no wetsuits or French Infantry costumes, however much CK enjoys wearing those patent leather thigh boots.

Please do not think you can get away with wearing this inappropriate attire as your PC or Device is fitted, as you well know, with the little camera that allows us all to see what you be doin'.

Interestingly, the CCE, who lives quite near Darlo, was not wearing PJs when he last visited. 

Many thanks for your attention and if you are disturbed in any way by this then please contact the Moderators who can be found in the Sleepover Section.

Ar$e 

• Like 2

To Dr Quackery-Quackington-Smythe

Dear Sir,

I applaud your insistence on maintaining a strict dress code for the young gentlemen about town that frequent this thread.

I for one make an effort, and always dress appropriately when settling down to write my thoughtful, scholarly and erudite responses.  I enclose a coloured daguerreotype for your persual

post-238-0-53735200-1453979646.jpg.

your obedient servant

Dr Gerbil-Fritters

• RMweb Premium

To Dr Quackery-Quackington-Smythe

Dear Sir,

I applaud your insistence on maintaining a strict dress code for the young gentlemen about town that frequent this thread.

I for one make an effort, and always dress appropriately when settling down to write my thoughtful, scholarly and erudite responses.  I enclose a coloured daguerreotype for your persual

attachicon.gif6f89e157d43d80dc4157b0c912e92467.jpg.

your obedient servant

Dr Gerbil-Fritters

Top hole Fritters old bean. If you have given up smoking weed then that's fine and many thanks for your understanding. When we have open evening I do hope you will consider white tie,,,,just for effect thee knaws.

Quikerydiddle.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

2-CP1306D-Daffy-Portrait.jpg

Merci  Father. I know we can't mess with you as you are quite deadly post-2326-0-95212900-1453987690.jpg

however, Kangaroo fur pants and hats with corks (dangling) will not be permitted.

Also no quips such as "This......is a knife......." thank you.

Many thanks,

C. Ndee

Edited by Mallard60022