Washout at Dawlish

Patience please, he furnishes us with info as and when he can.

i know but he was saying that he was thinking of not publishing any more as there so many other pics but his are the most detailed out there they are the best.

attachicon.gifIMG_5272207946783.jpeg

Is this the real reason that CK has been too busy to post photos? This boat ran aground on Shaldon beach. No doubt CK and his orange army soon ran lines to it and got it afloat again.

Good job it didn't run aground in the county a few miles west as it would be stripped down to the spars by now...

Edited by talisman56

• RMweb Gold

Patience please, he furnishes us with info as and when he can.

Sorry about the delay with the photos, folks. I was going to put them up on Sunday night, but was too knackered, then on Monday morning I managed to pull my back when getting ready to go to work (don't ask, it's the simple things that tend to do it!), so I've been laid up until now, resting it. I've logged on at home today for work.

I will put my photos from the Sunday plain line relaying site at Smugglers up later on this evening, if I can sit comfortably for long enough!

Certainly as regards some of the points raised in the last couple of days, the Smugglers relay was delayed (should have been finished Monday lunchtime, instead finished today), due to further falls from the adjacent cliffs and the need to make this safe and install temporary fencing to protect the track workers. Having seen it firsthand, I don't think that huge amounts would have come down now, but they were rightly playing it safe. The delay in completing the track relaying will have absolutely no effect on the reopening on Friday morning.

Dawlish station has now been officially handed back to FGW, by the way.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Bearing in mind Somerset was closed much earlier than Dawlish was, I think the Cap'n may not be so welcome there.  He had no whirly, buzzy, spidery, pumping thingies and allowed the Dutch to get in there with their massive 'blast the opposite banks away' pumps.

In fact, the main breach at Dawlish washed out on 5th February, and the main line between Cogload Jct and Bridgwater closed (due to the flooding on the adjacent Levels) on Saturday 8th February. Full, normal signalling etc. should be restored over that section in just over a week, although we are only talking past one signal in each direction at the moment...

• Like 1

Sorry about the delay with the photos, folks. I was going to put them up on Sunday night, but was too knackered, then on Monday morning I managed to pull my back when getting ready to go to work (don't ask, it's the simple things that tend to do it!), so I've been laid up until now, resting it. I've logged on at home today for work.

I will put my photos from the Sunday plain line relaying site at Smugglers up later on this evening, if I can sit comfortably for long enough!

Certainly as regards some of the points raised in the last couple of days, the Smugglers relay was delayed (should have been finished Monday lunchtime, instead finished today), due to further falls from the adjacent cliffs and the need to make this safe and install temporary fencing to protect the track workers. Having seen it firsthand, I don't think that huge amounts would have come down now, but they were rightly playing it safe. The delay in completing the track relaying will have absolutely no effect on the reopening on Friday morning.

Dawlish station has now been officially handed back to FGW, by the way.

Very sorry about your back please do not do anything to make it worse the pictures good as they are are not worth that

• Like 1

Good job it didn't run aground in the county a few miles west as it would be stripped down to the spars by now...

It would have made a great breakwater for the sea wall at Dawlish, beached there.

The Poles would have had it loaded into the back of a lorry and off back to the homeland for scrap in no time. (of course this does not imply all Poles are metal thieves.  And of course other nationalities are available as metal thieves also.)

Back injury due to lifting man size pasties, King size Mars bars, huge tubs of ballast glue and no doubt weighed down with the weight of his growing fame.  Get better soon.  We can wait for the photos.

Probably the boat lured onto beach by wreckers from Cornwall thinking it contained a cargo of pasty materials ,look out for lights on the coast and trains of horses winding back up from the beach.Baccy for the parson brandy for the squire turn your backs while the genlmen go by!!!!!

Probably the boat lured onto beach by wreckers from Cornwall thinking it contained a cargo of pasty materials ,look out for lights on the coast and trains of horses winding back up from the beach.Baccy for the parson brandy for the squire turn your backs while the genlmen go by!!!!!

Would be irony if it contained the latest shipment for Hornby :)

Guest Belgian

Would be irony if it contained the latest shipment for Hornby :)

I didn't think Hornby were shipping anything at all these days. I believe what I read, of course. :scratchhead: :no:

JE

Edited by Belgian

Guest Belgian

At least they won't have to take it that way all the way to London now that the railway is opening on Friday!

JE

Thank you for reminding me of that great poem that I had to learn at school.

• RMweb Premium

No, that's the one Orange Army CK has no control over ;) Mind, they come in a variety of outfits, mostly related to a large(-ish) round ball :P

Its the England cricket team, beaten by the Dutch! :fie:

• Like 1

Just catching up - if CK's got a photo of the 'buzzy whirly sky camera thingy', does that mean he's on one of the NR videos....?

We need to watch them carefully Rich for a blue hat wearing pasty toting figure.