Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

She's not looking at the trains, so has she seen something interesting in the canal?

C1709 - the Class 47 is a generator and looks like it could be 47403

As I say, I've been down that bit.  So I sort of hope it isn't something interesting in the canal, as the only things that might be interesting vary from very unpleasant to absolutely awful...

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Newcastle to Sunderland photos. In C6538 you can see a newly welded joint on the track the class 101 unit is running on.

The last photo is delightful - a painting could be based on that lovely view.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

Three generations of family Fords in photo J5728, Anglia, Mk1 Cortina and (new-fangled at the time) Mk4 Cortina. Lovely!

Had to check that Mk4 wasn't my dad's. Was about then that he dropped me off at LOS while he went to fix someones injection moulder nearby. I spent a few hours copping most of the 302s and IIRC one 31 hauled parcel service. Great photos as usual, noting that the 302s appear to have had their solebar step boards removed around that era.

Dave

• Like 2

Fantastic photos of 4-Ceps in everyday action (who else took any??).  Note the front of near ex-works 7166 in J5175 with yellow spandrels(?) to the connecting door in the gangway, rim of roof and even the insides of the horns(!).  In J5177, it looks like 7132 has replacement unit numbers and what's the yellow horizontal bar thing above the gangway?

For 4-Cep fans (and who isn't?) there's a epic article here http://www.bloodandcustard.com/cep001.html describing their history. 

Bill

• RMweb Gold

Excellent pictures again David

I don't think the train in 3687 is going to Scarborough as he has the road on the down through and would run through the train from Newcastle! What's more he has an M for main in the route indicator

• RMweb Gold

Excellent pictures again David

I don't think the train in 3687 is going to Scarborough as he has the road on the down through and would run through the train from Newcastle! What's more he has an M for main in the route indicator

You could well be right, I hadn't noticed the signal.

David

• Like 1

Have I pinpointed C5926?

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Bit further South. The phot is taken from the Extension Road entrance to the docks. The view is through no.22  (and 23) coal staiths looking across the South Dock to the Laing Warehouse.

post-508-0-06951200-1505673200_thumb.jpg

https://britainfromabove.org.uk/en/image/EAW001014

P

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the photos from Market Overton. The last one is a great view of that crane engine, Number 1, Glenfield.

The photos of York bring back countless memories of trips by train to York. The first one is such a great everyday scene of a steam hauled freight train, which is so typical of that time. The BR blue diesels are now an equally important part in railway history, and I'm glad that photos of it exist. The HST looks so right in the original livery. All succeeding liveries have been various hits and misses with non quite as good as blue, grey and yellow.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

J3684; Loco looks to be ETH-fitted, so not 47316 (a massive Tinsley 47/3 in 1974 !). Maybe 47516 ?

That makes sense.  I think it is a number Dad tried to read off the slide not from his notes.

David