RMweb

Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Premium

So sorry to hear that David.  As with Andy, I also went through similar in 2019, it's not nice at all.  Glad to hear the Covid thing is on its way, though.

• Thanks 1

Glad you are on the mend Dave, like many on here, I've been through a similar experience with a parent, tough times.

Best wishes to you and all the family at this difficult time.

Martyn

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh so sorry to hear that David,  she doesn't sound to have suffered and by what you said over the years on this forum it sounds like she had a lovely life

So sorry for your loss

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

Once again many thanks for the good wishes.

Mum died quietly while she was  asleep at around 3 a.m. today. 

The hospital rang me at 3.30 a.m. so I was able to see her before she was moved, she had obviously been lying comfortably and had just faded away.

On the way home I stopped off at the beach for a few minutes while the sun was still low in the sky, it did me a lot of good!

Now there are just a few formalities to sort out....

David

So sorry to hear of your Mom's passing David. I hope the many wonderful memories you have accrued through the years will be of some comfort to you at this devastating time. With deepest sympathy.

Edited by Davey
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Deepest condolences David, now your mum is at peace.

She seems to have had an amazing life, a bit of a trailblazer for women in an era where, generally, they could have a family or a career but not both.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Horrid, horrid news. Mum was a splendid lady - as we know from your writings over the years - and had more than a passing interest in our hobby. I hope you can find solace in the support that this forum is offering you. We care. 

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear your news David, my condolences to you.

Although I never met your Mum I felt like I knew her through her many appearances in your photos and the many anecdotes you shared about her. She was obviously a very special woman and Mum.

Take care of yourself and draw strength from the knowledge that she is now at peace.

Simon

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1