Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Such excellent photo's of the ECML at Lolham and Creeton. I agree about the rakes of Mk1 and Mk2 stock, for the photo's are very inspirational to producing such coaching stock rakes.

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Premium

C1005 is a cracking shot - one of the 'generators' at full pelt on nice straight track.

I could imagine you could see/hear it coming for quite a while, rails whistling then woosh! it's gone again

the same for C1006 i suppose with the added bonus of a green 47.

C1005 is a cracking shot - one of the 'generators' at full pelt on nice straight track.

I could imagine you could see/hear it coming for quite a while, rails whistling then woosh! it's gone again

the same for C1006 i suppose with the added bonus of a green 47.

Either the number is wrong or it's not a Generator. Looking at the photo closely it looks like a Generator, the ETH jumper socket can just be made out the right of the RH buffer and the jumper cable can be made out below same buffer. As the Generators where numbered from D1500 to D1519, allowing for misreading of notes it could be that the loco is 1515. Either way the loco number is wrong.

Paul J.

Edited due to big fingers pressing wrong button and posting before finished.

Edited by Swindon 123

• RMweb Gold

Either the number is wrong or it's not a Generator. Looking at the photo closely it looks like a Generator, the ETH jumper socket can just be made out the right of the RH buffer and the jumper cable can be made out below same buffer. As the Generators where numbered from D1500 to D1519, allowing for misreading of notes it could be that the loco is 1515. Either way the loco number is wrong.

Paul J.

Edited due to big fingers pressing wrong button and posting before finished.

Thanks for pointing out the error in the loco number.  It's probably an image where I've tried to read the number from the slide as I don't have any notes made on the day for that set of slides.

For now I'll just remove the number from the caption.

David

I'm thinking that the 25 on the parcels train is probably a Peterborough to Nottingham working. There did seem to be regular parcels trains on that route, and I believe the Freemans catalogue people had a big distribution centre in Peterborough which would have generated quite a lot of traffic to various Midlands destinations.

I don't have the WTT for that year, so cannot say for definite.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for posting the South Shields photos Dave - my home town!  No. 13 was 'my' loco, I used to get a cab ride off Jimmy Dunbar to High staithes, then ride on 2 or 10 on the staithes shuttle.  Memories..... :locomotive:

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Some great photo's of Carlisle this evening. I particularly like C7703 of 85007 in July, 1986 -  it makes a really good portrait of the 85. Then there is C7957, in August, 1986, of class 37, 37183.  An excellent shot of the 37.

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Gold

Nice pics David, What camera did you use for the latest shots please??

Gordon Wilson

A Nikon D80, vintage 2007 with a Nikon 18-200mm zoom. ISO 200, Shutter 1/640.  Set on Shutter priority, Exposure compensation -0.3

David

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Trawsfynnydd typo alert!

Should be :- 25327 July 82 C5751

Kev.

(Great Pics - as usual.)

Many thanks.

I can't think of an excuse this time!

David