Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Premium

You know one of these days Dave will be too busy to post any photos, and then all of us who look at this thread on a daily basis will be climbing the walls, like Heroin addicts without a fix  (possibly worse).

Thank you for all the wonderful photos, and giving us our daily fix of train addiction.

Jamie

PS. I love any photos of Castleford Railways Station with those beautiful signals in C12075. Didn't one of the preserved railways take them when BR took them down?

Hi Jamie

When Irvine Welsh was asked why was his book called Trainspotting when it was about herion additction, he answered "Have you ever tried either?"

• Like 4

Hello.

Cramlington 37428 up empty coal 29th Oct 87_C9238

could possibly be 37248. '428 may not have existed then and never wore 'plain' BR Blue - it started off with large logo blue after refurbishment and renumbering.

Not a criticism - I like many others look forward to the updates in this thread :-)

Thank you - and your father - for all of your efforts, both then and now.

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

Cramlington 37428 up empty coal 29th Oct 87_C9238

could possibly be 37248. '428 may not have existed then and never wore 'plain' BR Blue - it started off with large logo blue after refurbishment and renumbering.

Not a criticism - I like many others look forward to the updates in this thread :-)

Thank you - and your father - for all of your efforts, both then and now.

It is in fact 37248, so I've amended the caption.

David 

Great pics, as usual, of the Blyth & Tyne.

Your photos always remind me how much I regret not taking more photos of the B&T back in the day. What was once a common sight is now long gone.

Here's 56117 at North Blyth.

post-7898-0-83804700-1432234732_thumb.jpg

Mal

Edited by Alcanman
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Great photos on the B&T.  memories....

A prize (of little value) to the first person belonging south of Watford Gap (or Teesside for that matter) to pronounce Cambois correctly!!  :jester:

'Cammuss" ?

(I live in York)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You win tonight's prize - a years subscription to RMWeb!

Very close, Steve. As a local being a bit pedantic, it's more like Cammiss!

Thanks both!  I once knew a man who had worked there, although he was Chief Clerk at Barking Booking Office when I knew him.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm no expert but from my (limited) knowledge, the second loco in C6617 is carrying an AEI cross arm pan. I thought these were only fitted to 87s? I'm happy to be corrected of course.

I have to admit that when I posted the photo this evening I did wonder whether the second loco might be a Class 87, but my notes said 86.  What do others think?

David

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. A great set of photo's of Carlisle. I think that in photo' C6617 the second loco' is a 87 fitted with that pantograph, I can't think of any 86's fitted with one.

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Gold

What is the plaque along side the track, and is this the now closed freight avoiding line ?

Adrian

The train is on the WCML north of the station, approaching the site of Caldew Junction.  Just out of shot to the right is the site of the Caledonian Railway goods yard, the road is now called Viaduct Estate Road.

The freight avoiding line was the far side of the Caledonian Goods line, it joined the main line just north of this photo at Caldew Junction.

I'm afraid I've forgotten what the plaque is for.

David

Edited by DaveF

C9035 is a rare sight indeed Dave- an Austin Maestro (without a rusty tailgate as well.)

Please say it wasn't yours! My parents had a red 'A' reg  MG Maestro,(A595MJN- with talking computer!) from new..

The chap half a dozen doors down from me has a Montego, but usually keeps it under cover- however, if this is through courtesy for it's age and (relative) rarity, or from sheer shame is debatable! :jester:

Great pictures as ever Dave. Thank you.

• RMweb Premium

Post 3259. Just normal trains about their business, but so valuable as pictures of what the railway was like.

Back briefly on Chee Tor, I took the issue of MRJ (no 50) to model railway club to show it to some of the members who are learning how to do scenery. The member who is leading the project commented "Oh, I helped build that layout". Collapse of stout party.

Keep it up.

Jonathan