Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

C9035 is a rare sight indeed Dave- an Austin Maestro (without a rusty tailgate as well.)

Please say it wasn't yours! My parents had a red 'A' reg  MG Maestro,(A595MJN- with talking computer!) from new..

The chap half a dozen doors down from me has a Montego, but usually keeps it under cover- however, if this is through courtesy for it's age and (relative) rarity, or from sheer shame is debatable! :jester:

Great pictures as ever Dave. Thank you.

Yes it was mine.  It generally worked well and din't rust - but I only kept it for about 18 monhs.

The only problem was that it once boiled for no apparent reason but never did it again.

I replaced it with a Citroen BX - a much nicer car.

David

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Some really great photo's this evening. I especially like J157 at Ryde Pier Head in August, 1964, with two O2's. It's a photo' of something which can never be seen again, but lives on for all to enjoy in your Dad's photo'.

All the best,

Market65.

No, I don't think it is the QE2 although I can see the similarity in shape from a distance, but when zoomed in much closer it appears to be some form of container vessel.

• RMweb Gold

C2144; is that QE2 off in the distance astern of Brading? J6545; clinker-built lifeboats with rope falls, in 1979?

I've had a look at the original scan, it is a container ship.

As for the clinker lifeboat the Portsmouth to Ryde ferries in use then, Brading, Southsea and Shanklin, were built in 1948 by Denny's in Dumbarton and presumably had never been updated much.

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Love the Cadeby Rectory photo's. Also some great photo's of the Grantham to Nottingham line. In J1785 at Botteswood West Junction, in July, 1969, the green liveried 31 D5803, in addition to the yellow cab ends, also has the relatively new (at the time) BR arrow on it. In photo' C4454, in addition to the concrete slab track to the east of Radcliffe on Trent, the class 114 DMU has marker lights in the former headcode boxes which, I think, will post-date the photo' to 1978.

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Love the Cadeby Rectory photo's. Also some great photo's of the Grantham to Nottingham line. In J1785 at Botteswood West Junction, in July, 1969, the green liveried 31 D5803, in addition to the yellow cab ends, also has the relatively new (at the time) BR arrow on it. In photo' C4454, in addition to the concrete slab track to the east of Radcliffe on Trent, the class 114 DMU has marker lights in the former headcode boxes which, I think, will post-date the photo' to 1978.

All the best,

Market65.

I've just checked my notes, the 114 (C4454) was taken in April 79.

David

• RMweb Premium

I'm not 100% certain, however I think there is a very good shop for Cheeses in Cropwell Bishop. If it isn't there it is certainly down that way and wherevre it was used to be included as a place to see on led cycle rides in that part of south Notts when the CC still provided such helpful things as led rides! 

Also, J1501....brilliant shot.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

I'm not 100% certain, however I think there is a very good shop for Cheeses in Cropwell Bishop. If it isn't there it is certainly down that way and wherevre it was used to be included as a place to see on led cycle rides in that part of south Notts when the CC still provided such helpful things as led rides! 

Also, J1501....brilliant shot.

Phil

Google seems to think that this might be the one you have in mind

http://www.cropwellbishopstilton.com

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Such great photo's of Kings Cross. The first two from 1978 bring back many memories for me, for I was on the train to and from Kings Cross frequently at the time.

All the best,

Market65.

Fabulous photos, thanks very much for posting.

Shenfield was my local station back in the 60's/early 70's and I did a lot of trainspotting from the iron footbridge just south of the station. Alas, no camera in those days!

Loved seeing the Hook Continental and Day Continental boat trains usually class 37 hauled (often followed by reliefs which were 31's).

Those were the days!  If you have any more GE section photos they'd be very much appreciated. 

• RMweb Gold

Fabulous photos, thanks very much for posting.

Shenfield was my local station back in the 60's/early 70's and I did a lot of trainspotting from the iron footbridge just south of the station. Alas, no camera in those days!

Loved seeing the Hook Continental and Day Continental boat trains usually class 37 hauled (often followed by reliefs which were 31's).

Those were the days!  If you have any more GE section photos they'd be very much appreciated. 

There should be some more in due course.

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

J6046 epitomises a certain period - the 'throat' had been remodelled and the 312s had just started their (relatively short) reign on the outer suburbans and look smart in blue and grey, but there are still diesel fuel wagons in 'Passenger Loco', a train of Mark 1s runs past in the background and train crew wander (?) about trackside with no hi vis of any kind.