Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Excellent pictures as usual Dave, 6328 got me thinking. How many sets of boom gates still remain? I know Redcar still has them. There is also an example of the other strange north eastern region crossing at nunthorpe,mechanical barriers.

With regards to boom gates I know parkeston had a set but were there any more outside of the NER?

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Love the photo's of Morpeth. Also some great photo's from your Dad as well - especially interesting to see those of 35029 Ellerman Lines. I also like photo' C5266 of Deltic 55005 'The Prince Of Wales Own Regiment Of Yorkshire', at Morpeth on 17th January, 1981, in the snow - a truly wonderful shot.

All the best,

Market65.

Edited by Market65

• RMweb Gold

How was 35028 transported to the NRM?

Stewart

Very carefully.

Mike.

I think it was by road but by then I'd moved to Essex and Dad had also moved.

David

... I also like photo' C5266 of Deltic 55005 'The Prince Of Wales Own Regiment Of Yorkshire', at Morpeth on 17th January, 1981, in the snow - a truly wonderful shot.

All the best,

Market65.

Interesting assortment of vehicles in the train too

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the GCR photo's, especially the one of Butler Henderson with  the smokebox door open. The Midland Railway photo's at Kibworth and Wyfordby are true classics - I love them.

All the best,

Market65.

Interesting pic of the iron ore empties at Wyfordby. Presumably these would have been heading for Cottesmore/ Exton from Scunthorpe. Pics of workings to and from Exton seem pretty rare.

• RMweb Premium

Interesting pic of the iron ore empties at Wyfordby. Presumably these would have been heading for Cottesmore/ Exton from Scunthorpe. Pics of workings to and from Exton seem pretty rare.

Everything from Exton or Burghley would have come out through Ashwell sidings.

Regads

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Liking the photo's of the Tanfiled Railway, and look forward to more of them. The photo's of the GE at Haughley Junction in January, 1979 have made me feel very cold! Good to see 31195 performing a run round and then departing ECS to Stowmarket - plenty of steam escaping from the Mk1's in the bitter cold conditions.

In the last photo', C4304, the DMU, on enlarging the photo', looks to have the larger buffers of a class 114, but perhaps I'm wrong...

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Liking the photo's of the Tanfiled Railway, and look forward to more of them. The photo's of the GE at Haughley Junction in January, 1979 have made me feel very cold! Good to see 31195 performing a run round and then departing ECS to Stowmarket - plenty of steam escaping from the Mk1's in the bitter cold conditions.

In the last photo', C4304, the DMU, on enlarging the photo', looks to have the larger buffers of a class 114, but perhaps I'm wrong...

All the best,

Market65.

It is a 114,  I've just checked another photo taken of it - already on this thread and also mis-captioned as a 108 (I've corrected it now).

Thanks very much once again.

David

Lovely snowy pictures at Haughley and the steam from the heating in C4285 really captures the atmosphere...

C4304...is that a motor worked detonator placer in the foreground?

Jon F.

Edited by Jon Fitness

• RMweb Premium

All the best,

Market65.

Hi Market

It is a 114, it has no lights below the cab windows and a light mounted above the destination blind. Class 108s had lights below the cab windows and none were fitted with the light above the destination box. This means of telling them apart is a recent discovery for me, I only noticed it when building my 114 unit.

Class 114 units were later fitted with lights below the cab windows when they were refurbished.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

It is a 114,  I've just checked another photo taken of it - already on this thread and also mis-captioned as a 108 (I've corrected it now).

Thanks very much once again.

David

Quite an unusual type of unit for an East Anglian working, I would have thought?