Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

J1775.....lovely photo!

Is that a Thompson third coach back? Must've been one of the last out there in '69!

Regards

Guy

I was wondering the same thing but looking at it again, it looks as though there may be more further back.

J2513 is a cracking little junction scene - full length expresses going past a junction with sidings. Could have the passenger trains going roundy-roundy while shunting the mineral trains going on/off the branch

I think Mr Jackson of Retford fame and Mr Wright of Little Bytham fame did exactly that some years ago, although I was never lucky enough to see it!

1A14 was the 08:48 Halifax/09:00 Bradford/09:30 Leeds-KX. The 3rd coach is the 1957 Cravens prototype SO.

1A22 was the 11:00 Newcastle-KX.

1A14 again, but retimed now 08:30 Halifax/08:50 Bradford/09:20 Leeds-KX.

1E11 was the 12:00 Edinburgh-KX. The set is return working of the down Flying Scotsman from the previous day.

C3119 from the coaching set was the 09:20 Newcastle-KX.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I was wondering the same thing but looking at it again, it looks as though there may be more further back.

Hi. It, on close examination, is a Cravens Mk1 prototype. The rest of the train is Mk1's with not a Thompson in sight.

Regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

1A14 was the 08:48 Halifax/09:00 Bradford/09:30 Leeds-KX. The 3rd coach is the 1957 Cravens prototype SO.

1A22 was the 11:00 Newcastle-KX.

1A14 again, but retimed now 08:30 Halifax/08:50 Bradford/09:20 Leeds-KX.

1E11 was the 12:00 Edinburgh-KX. The set is return working of the down Flying Scotsman from the previous day.

C3119 from the coaching set was the 09:20 Newcastle-KX.

Thanks again Mark.

I had wondered what the coach was in the first photo.

David

I think Mr Jackson of Retford fame and Mr Wright of Little Bytham fame did exactly that some years ago, although I was never lucky enough to see it!

I don't think that Mr Wright was involved with 'High Dyke' which was built to EM gauge. Along with Mr Jackson, Messrs Kent and Phillips certainly were though.

attachicon.gifFarringdon view west of BR lines May 79 C4501.jpg

Farringdon view west of BR lines May 79 C4501

Good evening David,some memories brought back with that picture.

That little spurr off to the left was the home of The Snow Hill Banker,probably the most hated rostered job at Hornsey depot,especialy on the night turn,having your brain rattled in the cab of a 350 diesel for 6 hrs,oh how we wished for a busy night but usualy deadly quiet after 2am!

Occasionaly a LT maintenance train to break the monotany and a returning south London exchange freight on its way to Ferme Park and home!

Happy days?

Don.

David

Another lovely set from my old ECML stamping ground. Always good to see the aerial views of High Dyke sidings - I only ever got to see them as we sped past, usually occupied by two or three of the tablet catcher fitted batch of class 31s (D5670-D5676).

J2517 - a nice shot of "Gordon Highlander". At this point she was the last remaining Deltic to carry the D prefix in her number. Later in the year she was outshopped from Doncaster with a new coat of blue and, uniquely, with the numbers in a slightly higher than standard position, which lasted until renumbering.

Edited by 35A

• RMweb Gold

Another lovely set from my old ECML stamping ground. Always good to see the aerial views of High Dyke sidings - I only ever got to see them as we sped past, usually occupied by two or three of the tripcock fitted batch of class 31s (D5670-D5676).

J2517 - a nice shot of "Gordon Highlander". At this point she was the last remaining Deltic to carry the D prefix in her number. Later in the year she was outshopped from Doncaster with a new coat of blue and, uniquely, with the numbers in a slightly higher than standard position, which lasted until renumbering.

Do you mean tablet catcher as opposed to trip cock?

Mike.

J2513 is a cracking little junction scene - full length expresses going past a junction with sidings. Could have the passenger trains going roundy-roundy while shunting the mineral trains going on/off the branch

That particular one has already been done.

Bus anorak mode...ON.

J1732; lovely picture of a North Western AEC Reliance!

Did a bit of digging on the registration VDB 920. Although it says North Western on the front, I think it possibly did some time with Trent too. When it was retired it went on to further service in (I think) North Wales. On a slightly different tip (bear with me here!) , a privately owned ex North Western Leyland Leopard with an Alexander body with a registration VDB 916 has been unearthed and work started on a very major restoration. When the present owner obtained it the correct registration mark had already been sold off so a suitable replacement one has been purchased....VDB 920! So although the bus has gone, the mark still exists on another bus...which happens to be parked about 60 ft away from my own vintage bus at Freckleton.

Bus anorak mode..OFF! :jester:

Jon F.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. A great set of photos. The units are the 114's, that had a tendency to sway from side to side when traversing point work! I love the scene in C3461, the station had clearly seen better days.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

I assume that "Troublesome Truck" is for refuelling the ferry rather than the DMU - or was this some secret BR experiment?!

Jonathan

It was indeed for the ferries - while I was there I saw Lincoln Castle loading at the end of the pier.

David

• Like 1