Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a excellent set of photo’s from Austria, from Wald im Arlberg, to the west of the tunnel and the summit of the Arlberg Pass, on the 1st August, 1992.  In the first photo’ of  1044 084, at the front of a westbound freight train, with 1020 035, at the rear, is a delightful scene, with a somewhat hay mountain in the background.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, eastwestdivide said:

What’s the 2nd coach? Looks like a blue met-camm DMU car??

Probably the met Camm buffet which was later painted in a strange red livery for some reason 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That is a delightful selection of photo’s of the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway. In C539, at Oxenhope, with Ivatt 2MTT, 41241, in April, 1971, you have captured the engine making a most energetic departure from the terminus. 
The Blyth and Tyne between Winning and Cambois photo’s are excellent conveying the period and the trains perfectly. In J13543, at Winning, with 37410, on an empties train from Lynemouth to Cambois, in October, 1992, my eye is on all those cows and the rickety fencing. I just hope none of them escaped onto the railway.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a great selection of photo’s of Carlisle. The first photo’, of 87024, on a London Euston to Glasgow Central service, in April, 1987, is a lovely portrait shot of the 87.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

In C15443 the state of the three vans beyond the loco rather lets down the smart Intercity livery.

But I suppose that repainting and cleaning them was not financially justified.

Jonathan

Are they GUVs rather than BGs, for Motorail traffic?

I didn't know that some got Blue/Grey, as I only ever saw them in blue under a great deal of grime.

Regards

Ian

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That is a most impressive selection of photo’s of the Newcastle to Carlisle line. In J11042, at Hexham, with 143615, departing on a Hexham to Sunderland service, in July, 1990, you can see paint missing from below the light cluster on the driver’s side of the cab, along with a hastily looking number 5 at the end of the unit number. I wonder if something had happened in a depot or the end of a siding?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a most impressive selection of photo’s from around Nottingham from circa 70 years ago. In JVol6130, at Annesley, with ex LMS Fairburn, 4MTT, 42228, on a passenger service from Nottingham Midland to Worksop, in May, 1952,  that is such a typical scene from steam days. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s an excellent selection of photo’s from Cramlington and Damdykes crossing. In J11741, at Damdykes, with 43071, leading anHST from London Kings Cross to Edinburgh, in January, 1991. I recall it being exceptionally cold, and your Dad will have had to take care in those sub zero temperatures. The HST is well caught, and there is a little flurry of exhaust to be seen.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s an impressive selection of photo’s of Newcastle Central station. The first photo’ of 43107, on a Newcastle to Kings Cross service, on the 14th November, 1987, is most atmospheric and shows the rather grimy cab end of the 43.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

A timely look at 43079, in J10667. That was one of the first three MTU-equipped power cars that was sent for scrap at Sims Metals, Newport last week - it's reported that they have all now been broken up. That's five HST power cars gone now (excluding those that were broken up following accidents).

• Thanks 1