Ask Dave

DJM Dave

Morning Dave.

May was suggested as the month the class 71 would be out, is this still the case?

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

No, sorry.

Big news soon though.

Cheers

Dave

I fully understand mate,

However I want this model just right, not nearly right and second best. Where's the point in that for any of us?

This model will be something that I want everyone who has signed up for this to think.... 'My word, I'm glad I went with DJM for this model as it's worth it, not just in cost (as we all know) but detail, presentation etc'

Soon mate, I promise.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 4

Hi Dave

I am just desperate to get started with this model lol what are deco samples?

Cheers

MIke

Decorated samples are the first shots of the model with the liveries printed on them.

Alistair

Hi Dave

Do you have an update on the production and delivery timescale for the main range 'oo' gauge J94. The last update on RMWeb and on the DJ Models website were in November last year and you anticipated production to take place before the Chinese New Year with delivery to the UK in March 2016. That doesn't seem to have happened, so is there an update. The DJ Models website timeline chart was last updated in November last year, and is out of date for the J94 and the Class 71 as we've seen further stages on this site than is shown on that chart.

Hi Dave, I can't find a reply to this post, are the Clayton's nearly ready yet? Robert.

From what news i have heard, Dave is concentrating on the J94s, and the Claytons will be produced in the future. If I recall correctly (and please feel free to correct me here Dave) the Claytons were still at CAD/CAM stage with a vague possibility of being ready for tooling.

I want them too, but lets give Dave a chance to sort out one set of models first :) we await the J94s with baited breath.

Hi,

In N gauge the J94, 17 and 23 cad designs were finished and released to tooling. However since I was working on quite tight margins to launch a good product at what can now be seen as a quite cheap, when compared to others, price I thought, at the time that this was wise.

However about 4 months ago the pound decided to do its dying swan act re exchange rates and that further hit me.

So monies put aside for the completion of tooling are going into the OO J94 and getting that to market. (Incidentally the J94 is in production now)

In a couple of months time these will be trickling through and the 17 can push ahead with the 23 on its tail as I won't be cash rich, but will be able to afford to get these 2 out sharpish.

The mermaid is in second ep stage with painted samples expected soon, then comes the shark, turbot, bolster E, and road van.

Then it's full steam ahead, sorry, on the remaining outstanding DJM projects, including the q6 in N etc the J94 will fit amongst this somewhere but at the moment, baby steps.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave

• Like 3

Dave,

Since there is a thread open on the N-Gauge Yahoogroup asking what is happening to DJModels products I've taken the liberty of copying and pasting your post #520 onto that group. 

All the very best

Les

Dave,

Since there is a thread open on the N-Gauge Yahoogroup asking what is happening to DJModels products I've taken the liberty of copying and pasting your post #520 onto that group. 

All the very best

Les

They need to keep up over there huh?m

Cheers Les

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

In N gauge the J94, 17 and 23 cad designs were finished and released to tooling. However since I was working on quite tight margins to launch a good product at what can now be seen as a quite cheap, when compared to others, price I thought, at the time that this was wise.

However about 4 months ago the pound decided to do its dying swan act re exchange rates and that further hit me.

So monies put aside for the completion of tooling are going into the OO J94 and getting that to market. (Incidentally the J94 is in production now)

In a couple of months time these will be trickling through and the 17 can push ahead with the 23 on its tail as I won't be cash rich, but will be able to afford to get these 2 out sharpish.

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the reply ... Ice lost the thread a little though ... Do you mean the class 17/23 in O, OO or N? Can appreciate its a difficult task, as well as being horrendously expensive!

Rich

Hi Dave,

I'm heartened to learn that things are still moving forward on the Class 17, even if it is slowly.

The manufacturing landscape in China has changed considerably since you made your initial announcement, so the news that progress is still being made is still good news.

I look forward to the eventual release of the N Gauge 17.

Ray Pepsi Colla

• Like 1

I suspect replacing DJM wheelsets may not be a simple task. Looks possible that each axle will be geared along the lines of an co- co diesel, all axle drive motor bogie with the coupling rod just being cosmetic.

Hope I'm wrong.

P

I suspect replacing DJM wheelsets may not be a simple task. Looks possible that each axle will be geared along the lines of an co- co diesel, all axle drive motor bogie with the coupling rod just being cosmetic.

Hope I'm wrong.

P

Oh dear! Hornby body and Comet chassis/ AGW wheels then.

Thanks

Dave

Any chance of updating the product progress page on your web site.

Last date on the progress chart shows November last year about 6 months ago.

Thanking you in advance.

John