Ask Dave

DJM Dave

• RMweb Gold

All models will be in the shops by 2028 or possibly a little before. Can we please get back to some form of a positive topic. So if dave does read it he may be inclined to respond to a sensible post rather than reaching for the bottle of his favourite posion.

Has the O gauge J94 project been shelved

Bob

Dave has been very clear that the O gauge projects will follow the N gauge ones (which follow the 4mm ones!).

The latest product timetable is on the website http://djmodels.co.uk/?page_id=422. Until there is anything officially announced then I would take this is the best guide.

So no, there is nothing to indicate cancellation.

The latest product timetable is on the website http://djmodels.co.uk/?page_id=422. Until there is anything officially announced then I would take this is the best guide.

But is it fully up to date? That page appears to be marked as last updated 'June2016'. Has there been no progress/changes in status since then for any of the projects? And it doesn't seem to include the crowdfunding proposals like the class 92s.

G.

But is it fully up to date? That page appears to be marked as last updated 'June2016'. Has there been no progress/changes in status since then for any of the projects? And it doesn't seem to include the crowdfunding proposals like the class 92s.

G.

I think it only relates to DJM's own products (not commissions etc?) and is the latest position. Dave has also said he'll be issuing an update on all products via a brochure/catalogue in the new year. Edited by south_tyne

Dave has been very clear that the O gauge projects will follow the N gauge ones (which follow the 4mm ones!).

So no, there is nothing to indicate cancellation.

But the Q6 on that chart has been cancelled, so I wouldn't take it as gospel regarding cancellations (or indeed anything, as the class 71 is at least one step further on)

I think it only relates to DJM's own products (not commissions etc?) and is the latest position.

I'm under the impression that the class 92s will be DJM's own products and aren't commissioned by a third party. It's just the method of funding that is different. I recall seeing CADs for them and believe the projects have been given the nod to progress. It would certainly be nice to see their progress on the chart.

G.

I'm under the impression that the class 92s will be DJM's own products and aren't commissioned by a third party. It's just the method of funding that is different. I recall seeing CADs for them and believe the projects have been given the nod to progress. It would certainly be nice to see their progress on the chart.

G.

I'm not sure. I think it's best to wait for the official update/brochure in the new year from Dave.

I'm not sure. I think it's best to wait for the official update/brochure in the new year from Dave.

So what evidence do you have to not be sure and think that the class 92 models will not be DJM products and have been commissioned by a third party?

G.

• RMweb Premium

So what evidence do you have to not be sure and think that the class 92 models will not be DJM products and have been commissioned by a third party?

G.

It is Dave's own model. If it wasn't, he would have said so, which he hasn't.

G.

None what so ever. All I said was, as a general point on all his projects, I thought it best to wait for an official update from Dave when he is ready, rather than hearsay and speculation fuelled by t'interweb.

. . . I thought it best to wait for an official update from Dave when he is ready, rather than hearsay and speculation fuelled by t'interweb.

No hearsay or speculation, it was Dave who posted up detalis of the two class 92 projects. You seem to be introducing an element of doubt and suggesting that they may be commissions (for a third party). Hilux, myself and others have taken it from those posts (by Dave) that they will be crowdfunded DJM products.

G.

No hearsay or speculation, it was Dave who posted up detalis of the two class 92 projects. You seem to be introducing an element of doubt and suggesting that they may be commissions (for a third party). Hilux, myself and others have taken it from those posts (by Dave) that they will be crowdfunded DJM products.

G.

To draw a line under this...

I know nothing of the proposals. I have no interest in the Class 92, it was a general point about what I thought(!!) was the status of the projects in the timetable on Dave's website. I am obviously mistaken and do apologise if I have spread mass confusion/doubt. I can assure you there is no malice or under-handedness in my part simply a misunderstanding.

Edited by south_tyne

To draw a line under this...

I know nothing of the proposals. I have no interest in the Class 92, it was a general point about what I thought(!!) was the status of the projects in the timetable on Dave's website. I am obviously mistaken and do apologise if I have spread mass confusion/doubt. I can assure you there is no malice or under-handedness in my part simply a misunderstanding.

This forum topic is called "Ask Dave" and if you look back at the first post that Dave created it is in very plain language.  He wants users to ask questions - in fact he says he will reply in 48 hours.

But perhaps he is unwell or on holiday.

Norman

• RMweb Gold

Or he's working on a top secret all singing and dancing ex-MR model that will leave all flabbergasted at it's pure brilliance. Of a class that everyone will say.... "of course why didn't I see that one coming". I can't mention the class involved in case of the equilibrium of the modelling world being thrown into chaos!

Ps dave its a 0-4-4t! But It's ok, I won't let the secret out the bag.

Edited by farren

After some trepidation I ordered from Kernow, yesterday, the 02 in late BR (30225) which arrived today! I'm delighted to report that it ran perfectly out of the box in both directions over Setrack 2nd radius track and insulfrog points, with not a hint of the binding on curves, derailing or hesitancy which has been reported both here and elsewhere. Happy Christmas Dave and thanks for producing such a charming model, and I look forward to many more offerings of the less than mainstream and predictable locos and stock.

Edited by AndyG

• 2 weeks later...

I note that in Dave Jones end of year report 2016 there is no mention of O gauge. We can only hope that in the upcoming 2017 programme that there may be some opportunity to progress the Austerity and/or baby Deltic.  As time marches on they seems to be only a remote chance.

It is necessary to ask again if progress is not possible, will the planned foray into O gauge be delivered or not?

Norman 

PS I wonder too what happened to the 48 hours response promised in post #1?

PS I wonder too what happened to the 48 hours response promised in post #1?

FFS!

You must have missed this part of the post. " (unless ill or on holiday) " A lot changes can happen in two and a half years. Have you never found yourself "otherwise disposed" for a couple of days?

You may also have missed that the UK is just getting back to work after an reasonably regular annual shutdown. It's only being going on for about last two millennia.

Perhaps you missed that too? 

Give the guy a break.

Porcy

• Like 1

A new possible way to import goods from China ;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38497997

I understand the Chinese are also working on an alternate Silk Road rail route through the lower "stans" Iran and Turkey that is standard gauge throughout and requires no gauge transloading.  11 Days from western China for a container. GPS tracking of containers. A lot of surplus container ships.

• RMweb Gold

I understand the Chinese are also working on an alternate Silk Road rail route through the lower "stans" Iran and Turkey that is standard gauge throughout and requires no gauge transloading. 11 Days from western China for a container. GPS tracking of containers. A lot of surplus container ships.

I doubt it will impact the number of ships at all. One container ship carries thousands of ISO units and there are many ships (and an ever increasing amount), trains would carry a tiny fraction of that.

Roy