The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

Yeah well that's what they told me about 4 weeks ago, but despite several emails and phone calls later still heard nothing. Looks like I'll be taking my money to spend at Tower Models Blackpool, at least it's not too much trouble to them to deal with their customers.

I had along chat with them yesterday about upgrading to a sound version but it sounds like so many others are trying do do the same they are now going round in circles with the orders. The team from Shildon I think are now at down at Ally Pally and then back up for the York show over Easter so I'm not expecting any update on my order query until early April.......

• RMweb Premium

I am hoping we will get deliveries before 21st April as that is when my wife gets back from NZ. I would like to have it safely delivered and going through extensive high speed trials on my club test track which is big enough for APT-E.to do some very fast runs and to appreciate the tilting mechanism.

• Like 1

I had along chat with them yesterday about upgrading to a sound version but it sounds like so many others are trying do do the same they are now going round in circles with the orders. The team from Shildon I think are now at down at Ally Pally and then back up for the York show over Easter so I'm not expecting any update on my order query until early April.......

Well I only wanted a non sound version as it wouldn't be going anywhere. Hoping to get one of the last O gauge green deltics from Tower instead, STUFF EM!

• RMweb Gold

Well I only wanted a non sound version as it wouldn't be going anywhere. Hoping to get one of the last O gauge green deltics from Tower instead, STUFF EM!

There was no restriction on the number of APT-E s for sale. If you did not order one at the time it is rich criticising them at this busy time.

Enjoy your Deltic.

UPS use Predictive Scans for tracking, Ie it outlines what a package is going to do before it does travels the routing,  When the package does not show up at a 'predicted' milestone an Exception shows up on their site and hey presto you dont get your parcel!!

• RMweb Gold

I have a Rapido loco waiting next door so I hope our neighbours are in when we get home to be able to then annoy them with the sounds :senile:

However it isnt the APT-E as just paid the balance this afternoon.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

In preparation for sending the sets out I have to do the courier label. If you have an email it means I have made a label!

Right now I am in London for the model show at 'Ally Pally' so won't be shipping anything just yet. I will be at York show next weekend so shipping time this coming week will be very short. We will get SOME sent out but the majority will start to go out the following week. Please remember we are a very small team and Stuart and I will get them out as quickly as possible. If you have a notification keep tracking it and you will see when it's on it's way.

Everyone has waited such a long time for this model...just hang on a little longer!!

Cheers

Sandra

We are on stand 58 and have a set here so you can see for yourself if you are coming along to the show

• Like 4

After reading that people here have been assigned a number, I called up Rapido a few weeks ago for an update. I paid the entire balance last year (just in the nick of time). The lady on the phone said that not all orders are numbered but she confirmed that Rapido got my payment last year. As for the rest, they have just been hit with several delays, but knowing my order is processing has given me enough peace of mind. So I'm patiently waiting this one out.

• RMweb Gold

CLzrAE.jpg

A super close-up taken at Kettering showing both parts of the probe and the sensors on the extreme tip.

Please note that the train as it exists at Shildon today has a clear plastic cover over PC2's aero probe hole. That/s been added to stop any Little Darlings getting their fingers, toes,, or even whole hands jammed in the hole! It's not a standard E-Train fit!

Life imitating art?  The newly named Virgin Azuma sporting a snoz extension just like the APT-E.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/ukbuses/25250889074/in/photolist-FhEXxv-FfosqC-FhQTwz-FoJShb-FoJSfh-EtkpAs-FhZihe-EtTZXt-EYPg6N-EtkyhW-EtkuKA-EtktJY-EYFKso-EYFLyb-FrfnQZ-EYFNoJ-Frfmya-Frfo4z-EtFWCX-FhRHn4-EYFN2b-FhRH4Z-EYEUpU

In preparation for sending the sets out I have to do the courier label. If you have an email it means I have made a label!

Right now I am in London for the model show at 'Ally Pally' so won't be shipping anything just yet. I will be at York show next weekend so shipping time this coming week will be very short. We will get SOME sent out but the majority will start to go out the following week. Please remember we are a very small team and Stuart and I will get them out as quickly as possible. If you have a notification keep tracking it and you will see when it's on it's way.

Everyone has waited such a long time for this model...just hang on a little longer!!

Cheers

SandraWe are on stand 58 and have a set here so you can see for yourself if you are coming along to the show

Hi, I have paid in full for the DCC ready version and selected pick up at Shildon, when will models be ready to be picked up? Cheers

Cheers

SandraWe are on stand 58 and have a set here so you can see for yourself if you are coming along to the show

Thanks Sandra, What about those going outside the UK?

(Mine is number 7 sound version fully paid)

• RMweb Premium

Nice to finally see it on the Locomotion stand at Ally Pally. Good to meet Sandra and Simon who have done such a good job of keeping everyone up to date on progress. From talking to them, we should all be recieving them pretty soon. If we can all be patient and stop asking them about delivery dates, they'll have more time to send them out.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

This has to be the most boring Uk railway model ever.  I saw the real one at Shildon about this time last year, and the prototype model running on the club layout there at the same time.  It was boring then, and having seen the production model at Alley Pally yesterday nothing makes me change my mind.  Its still boring.  It looks like a long silver banana !

I'm sorry, but I think you've all been taken in by all the hype on here.