Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Yes, after all the work of doing the drawings make the layout into a proper railway where the models run on the same power as the real thing :)

Andi

I though Clive did diesels not steam? Or is he slipping back into his GWR dark side?

;)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Yes, after all the work of doing the drawings make the layout into a proper railway where the models run on the same power as the real thing :)

Andi

It is very tempting. I suppose in my mythical land where the GWR and NER shared a station by BR days it could have some OLE and still have some nice steam locos. The platforms are designed to take 8 BR Mk1 coaches, who says they cannot be AMs?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Track first, platforms after, so cork just under the planned track area.

Don't forget the platform release points will need chunks of platform edge removing.

And the platforms will need to let a wide GWR tank through.

• RMweb Premium

Tonight I have plonked the points in their approximate positions and placed some track on the boards just to get a feel of what it could look like.

post-16423-0-12872800-1516835004_thumb.jpg

Manchester sidings

post-16423-0-38139900-1516835103_thumb.jpg

Bridge crossover

post-16423-0-76749600-1516835116_thumb.jpg

Barnsley Junction.....I think I called it something else the other day.

post-16423-0-17827300-1516835129_thumb.jpg

Doncaster sidings

post-16423-0-15696600-1516835147_thumb.jpg

GNR Junction

post-16423-0-94678200-1516835169_thumb.jpg

The triangle

post-16423-0-99365200-1516835184_thumb.jpg

Dignity Road Bridge

post-16423-0-37446200-1516835199_thumb.jpg

GNR/Steam loco sidings, note the N gauge track for the coal tubs.

post-16423-0-93563600-1516835209_thumb.jpg

post-16423-0-65671400-1516835220_thumb.jpg

post-16423-0-63748300-1516835241_thumb.jpg

The station

post-16423-0-02947700-1516835254_thumb.jpg

an alternative view of the triangle

I didn't do the far ends of the sidings and the tracks over the viaduct.

It looks like it is going to work.

The main station board is at present a dumping ground for all sort of stuff, so it wasn't photographed.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Barnsley gets called lots of things, all of the time........................................

Cheers,

Mick

Tonight I have plonked the points in their approximate positions and placed some track on the boards just to get a feel of what it could look like.

attachicon.gif100_4728.JPG

Manchester sidings

attachicon.gif100_4729.JPG

Bridge crossover

attachicon.gif100_4731.JPG

attachicon.gif100_4732.JPG

Doncaster sidings

attachicon.gif100_4733.JPG

GNR Junction

attachicon.gif100_4735.JPG

The triangle

attachicon.gif100_4736.JPG

Dignity Road Bridge

attachicon.gif100_4737.JPG

GNR/Steam loco sidings, note the N gauge track for the coal tubs.

attachicon.gif100_4738.JPG

attachicon.gif100_4739.JPG

attachicon.gif100_4740.JPG

The station

attachicon.gif100_4741.JPG

an alternative view of the triangle

I didn't do the far ends of the sidings and the tracks over the viaduct.

It looks like it is going to work.

The main station board is at present a dumping ground for all sort of stuff, so it wasn't photographed.

Looks excellent Clive, but are you aware that you will need to raise the Hinges for the lifting section, they will need to be at least 1/4 inch above Track Level for them to work, which then means a chamfer under the lifted end as well.

Nice shade of Blue BTW.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Looks excellent Clive, but are you aware that you will need to raise the Hinges for the lifting section, they will need to be at least 1/4 inch above Track Level for them to work, which then means a chamfer under the lifted end as well.

Nice shade of Blue BTW.

Thanks for the tip about the hinges I did think that might be the case but was hoping to get away with it. Another job to add to the list.

• RMweb Premium

Jammy Wheels and a Royal Blue Coach; you daring person you. By the way Clive, your stuff under the layout is far too tidy.

I can see some Pecoboo Single Slips fitting in there somewhere and the resulting packaging being used for sceneic material or cab glazing.

Ping

• Like 1

Jammy Wheels and a Royal Blue Coach; you daring person you. By the way Clive, your stuff under the layout is far too tidy.

I can see some Pecoboo Single Slips fitting in there somewhere and the resulting packaging being used for sceneic material or cab glazing.

Ping

The Jammy Wheels are for the Modern Traction Kit I bet !!!! (I never did get mine built - back from 1975 or so).

Brit15

• RMweb Premium

The Jammy Wheels are for the Modern Traction Kit I bet !!!! (I never did get mine built - back from 1975 or so).

Brit15

They are to make me hyperglycemic so I am on high when opening the MTK box.  :yahoo:  You should see what I need to make a MTK kit. :crazy: And Tony says you should never use glue with a white metal kit...... :scenic:

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I hope the SLW mug was free with your 24.........................

Cheers,

Mick

Mr Sutton is a long time acquaintance who on seeing me man Mr Tailby's layout at DEMU took pity on me and cheered me up by giving me a cup for free without me having to buy an engine. He even went to bother of choosing an ER blue one as I seem to make ER based layouts.  

• Like 2

Mr Sutton is a long time acquaintance who on seeing me man Mr Tailby's layout at DEMU took pity on me and cheered me up by giving me a cup for free without me having to buy an engine. He even went to bother of choosing an ER blue one as I seem to make ER based layouts.  

Well Mr M, I think the least you could do now then, would be to purchase an SLW 24 in EM Gauge and re gauge all your DMU's and Track to match, then you would almost be coming into the 20th Century, so then, only one more Century to catch up with the rest of us, hahahha :no:  :scared:  :scared:  :rtfm:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:

• RMweb Premium

Well Mr M, I think the least you could do now then, would be to purchase an SLW 24 in EM Gauge and re gauge all your DMU's and Track to match, then you would almost be coming into the 20th Century, so then, only one more Century to catch up with the rest of us, hahahha :no:  :scared:  :scared:  :rtfm:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:

I have two of Mr Sutton's fine locomotives both are 00gauge, noiseless  silent not fitted for sound and are controlled by simple but effective DC. I remain more than happy in my isolated realm of the past.

I was invited to the launch of the class 24s but was unable to make it, one of the downsides of being self employed no one to swap duties with.

• Like 2