Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Excellent work ,look forward to more

Brian

Brilliant set of pictures, really shows the space you have and the excellent way you've used it.

Thanks Brian and Stu

The journey has just begun. Now to do the scenery and work out a realistic operating sequence.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Jokes about bridge bound buses aside, I'm really liking how this is coming together. Long DMU formations are certainly unusual in model form, but they look most impressive. 

It is also time to finish off all those projects I started with Exchange Mk1 now I have somewhere to run them.

• Like 1

Two comments on the above, Clve::-

a) That's brave,nothing at the ends of the tracks.

b) Warminnster used to have a “bridge to nowhere” like that unti they buit the rest of the A36 bypass

Tim T

• RMweb Gold

The turntable still needs to be made that is just the well in its position. It will not be powered as it is next to the control panel so I can turn the engines by hand.

You simply pick them up, and put them back facing the other way...?

Looking nice - care in laying track to follow the straight lines and smooth curves is always worth it.

So, now the track is down and wired, and the bus is on the bridge, is it time to start converting to DCC?

• Like 1

Gosh Clive, you are starting to be a bit of an influence on me! Not only am I picking up an interest in DMU's, I am also starting to hack about an old Triang 101, which reminds me of the mods you made to Triang products. And I have gone and bought another one because I like to emphasise the M in DMU and run them in multiple!

I love the layout, wish I had the space!

Oh yes, and I have a 309 or two to do as well..

Edited by Titan
  • Like 1

Bloomin ekk, I only asked for a PHOTO, it's taken me most of the evening to scan through them. :O

Ab so bloo min wond er full mate. :sungum:  :sungum:

Now I need some MORE DMU's I have the BUG. :sungum:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

One minute they're black and white.

The next in colour.

He only did them in black and white because he thought it would be a cheaper licence to view them.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Gosh Clive, you are starting to be a bit of an influence on me! Not only am I picking up an interest in DMU's, I am also starting to hack about an old Triang 101, which reminds me of the mods you made to Triang products. And I have gone and bought another one because I like to emphasise the M in DMU and run them in multiple!

I love the layout, wish I had the space!

Oh yes, and I have a 309 or two to do as well..

Did you spot the double Minories type track plan, AKA something about a cross king......

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

All the time I taking the photos and driving the trains in and out of the station I had at least one train running around the main lines...I think this will, be fun to operate.

Moving more than one train at once? Have you gone DCC and not told us.......?

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Gold

The last two feet of each platform road is isolated, if I remember to turn off the power. 

With diodes? 

That way you could have a push-button to allow trains in (that you couldn't forget to switch off) but trains can always depart.  There has to be some benefit to the DC lark

Andi

• RMweb Premium

Moving more than one train at once? Have you gone DCC and not told us.......?

Cheers,

Mick

Hi MICK

I had two running on the mainlines as I moved the golden yellow ochre Brush Type 2  about the station throat. Then I forgot to photo it.

It is possible to have four train moving at one time. But that requires two operators.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

With diodes? 

That way you could have a push-button to allow trains in (that you couldn't forget to switch off) but trains can always depart.  There has to be some benefit to the DC lark

Andi

Naw....just ordinary switches and a soft pillow under the baseboard for the locos to land on.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Naw....just ordinary switches and a soft pillow under the baseboard for the locos to land on.

Learned from experience ;)

(How's that Hymek by the way...?)

Andi

Edited by Dagworth

• RMweb Premium

Hi MICK

I had two running on the mainlines as I moved the golden yellow ochre Brush Type 2  about the station throat. Then I forgot to photo it.

It is possible to have four train moving at one time. But that requires two operators.

Four trains - two operators. That's still two trains each.

It's witchcraft I say and you should be burnt at the stake...........

• RMweb Premium

Can't wait to see some nice Green rolling hills, river crossings and maybe even a Level Crossing or Road Bridge.

Oh and a Platform or three.

There will be a few platforms.......hills rolling in green :dontknow: :dontknow: level crossing, it is Sheffield and very hilly so no level crossings as it is all bridges. There will be a long

road bridge I have more than one Sheffield Transport bus.

Learned from experience ;)

(How's that Hymek by the way...?)

Andi

Still with us, has its moments when the bogie falls apart. :yes:

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 3