OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

Bloody hell a 71.  :O  :O  :O Thank you very much, you'll certainly be getting £130 from me! My wallet is screaming in agony, a Dapol 73, Hornby Blue Bil, DJM 71, plus I keep umm'ing and err'ing about a third EPB…  

PS, I claim credit for influencing your decision for when I suggested a 71 back in January in the wish-list thread.  :jester:

Thank you very much, can't wait!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dave

Brilliant news, have ordered the 2 BR (Southern) green liveried versions. Let's hope it's a success as this is a new method of customer participation and you deserve credit for organising this crowd sourcing project. Can't wait to get mine, now when will that be !!!!

• RMweb Gold

So I know which one would be most suitable for my needs, does anyone know when the 71's received the SYWP's?

Small yellow panels began to be applied to locomotive ends about 1962/3, so it is likely the 71s would have had the additional paint within the next couple of years at the most, almost certainly before end-1964. 

Small yellow panels began to be applied to locomotive ends about 1962/3, so it is likely the 71s would have had the additional paint within the next couple of years at the most, almost certainly before end-1964. 

Thank you, Ian. Now I know, I need a Plain green one! :)

Edited by TTAMTWASOOC

• RMweb Gold

I'm in - gsyp!

Neil,

Naaah, plain green for me!!

Also pre-ordered (from Model Junction) the New Haven equivalent of the Cl.71 - the EDER5 being produced by Rapido. Must make sure I don't mix up the rolling stock for them......

Keith

• RMweb Gold

I suspect it was a little later than that - here is E5009 without any yellow in April 1967. There aren't many pictures around from 1963-1966, but BR(S) was the last region to add yellow panels on locos by quite some margin

5519539925_91ccd4fa03_b.jpgE5009_PettsWd_8-4-67 by robertcwp, on Flickr

Edited by stovepipe
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi Keith!  I'm on the fence with the FL9, must make a decision soon or i will miss them, but my NH layout is fading in my eyes and SR third rail is in the ascendency!

Neil,

Just realised I'm ahead of myself......it's the Cl.74 that's the equivalent of the FL9.....doh..... Let's hope that the Cl.74 does follow the Cl.71.

Keith

I suspect it was a little later than that - here is E5009 without any yellow in April 1967. There aren't many pictures around from 1963-1966, but BR(S) was the last region to add yellow panels on locos by quite some margin

5519539925_91ccd4fa03_b.jpgE5009_PettsWd_8-4-67 by robertcwp, on Flickr

Great pic! Can anybody say what liverys the rolling stock would have been? Blue GUV, Blue and Grey BSK and Green Mk1's?