OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

I believe 71 009 and 71 013 in blue with FYE...unless I stand to be corrected by DJM Dave!

Hi, yes all blue ones are Tops for what I hope to be the first ones.

If the numbers add up and the model Is made in the time period stated, then it will be 6-12 months for batch 2 and then at a higher price.

If batch 2 comes about, maybe a non tops blue one will appear.

Cheers

Dave

Am I correct in thinking that these will be pretty much 'produced to order', and if so is there a deadline for placing an order?

Hi,

Yes you are.

Once the amount of pledges has been reached the crowd sourcing will stop.

Whatever the ratio is between the models will be locked down and that's all that will be made from the ones advertised.

The deadline is the day the last one is sold.

Cheers

Dave

Dave

I don't think it has been posted before, can you tell us what the tipping point is with the ordered numbers that would allow the project to start, and will you give us weekly milestone updates so we can see progress, as I'm wary of having this programme open for an indefinite period with no stated goal.

Hi mate,

The tipping point is the full amount of 'sign ups' and so far it's going well.

I'll certainly give milestones on here and my website showing the amount of sign ups for this project.

Once successful, there will be status updates as they happen, and don't forget the scanning day that I'll hold at Barrow Hill either that you can come along to and see 'your loco' being captured digitally etc.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Would it have been for better to get more people signing up too offer two alternative loco numbers for each livery like you have with the blue ones? I'm pre yellow warning panel but can only sign up for one model unless I want to buy two and renumber one.

Hi mate,

Probably in all honesty, but should the crowd funding go well it's not that long a wait for other versions to become available.

Cheers

Dave

Would this potentially include a pre-TOPS blue with SYP? (if any ever carried that livery - I don't know)

Would it have been for better to get more people signing up too offer two alternative loco numbers for each livery like you have with the blue ones? I'm pre yellow warning panel but can only sign up for one model unless I want to buy two and renumber one.

I'm in the same boat, I've ordered one but I'd like (and would pay now for) 2 green ones, but the option is either renumbering or hope for the 2nd batch (at a higher price). The irony is, ordering a 2nd (identical) green one which I will need to renumber actually increases the likelihood of an alternative one being produced in any 2nd batch!

Edited by garyeagger

Hi mate,

The tipping point is the full amount of 'sign ups' and so far it's going well.

I'll certainly give milestones on here and my website showing the amount of sign ups for this project.

Once successful, there will be status updates as they happen, and don't forget the scanning day that I'll hold at Barrow Hill either that you can come along to and see 'your loco' being captured digitally etc.

Cheers

Dave

Dave

I've ordered one so far, another tomorrow, but then I'll have to wait for September pay (end of)! As I want three. If there selling really strongly, can you give us all notice when your down to the last one or two hundred, so we all have a chance to put final orders in, please. I cant afford all three at once! (I want Green NYP, Green SYP and Blue LYP) 

Dave

I've ordered one so far, another tomorrow, but then I'll have to wait for September pay (end of)! As I want three. If there selling really strongly, can you give us all notice when your down to the last one or two hundred, so we all have a chance to put final orders in, please. I cant afford all three at once! (I want Green NYP, Green SYP and Blue LYP)

Hi mate,

Will do :-)

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Would love to order one, but do not have the money right now, and due to other projects, I'm not sure the funds will be available for sometime! :(

Hi Steve,

I realise, but in all honesty if I add any now it will dilute the crowd sourcing, and what do I do if I only get orders for 30 of them?

The Chinese won't make them, full stop.

So I'm caught between a rock and a hard place........... For the time being ;-)

Cheers

Dave

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update,

As of midday today just over 200 of these models have been allocated to their respective pledges.

This is extremely good in the 4 whole days it's been since going live, and before the magazines / word of mouth truly gets round.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update,

As of midday today just over 200 of these models have been allocated to their respective pledges.

This is extremely good in the 4 whole days it's been since going live, and before the magazines / word of mouth truly gets round.

Cheers

Dave

Add another one this morning!!

Hi, yes all blue ones are Tops for what I hope to be the first ones.

If the numbers add up and the model Is made in the time period stated, then it will be 6-12 months for batch 2 and then at a higher price.

If batch 2 comes about, maybe a non tops blue one will appear.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks chaps. Looks like I'll be going for a TOPS one. 

One word of advise for those wishing to pre-order these models from Kernow/DJM - make sure you pay for it with a CREDIT CARD and not a debit card, cheque or cash. That way if for whatever reason you don't receive your model/s or a refund then your credit card company will be legally obliged to return your money to you.

I am not in anyway suggesting that these companies are financially unsound or potentially dishonest, but at the end of the day their cancellation and money back promise is not financially underwritten or guaranteed by a 3rd party and is legally worthless. Best consumer practice for any deposit or pre-payment against goods or services for future delivery is to pay by credit card, affording you much more protection under law.

I wish Dave and Kernow well with this project. If it ever gets reduced to 2mm scale then I'd be very tempted by a green one...

Edward S

Only just caught up with this project having read about it in REX (I've been spending less time on RMW recently... life etc)... I'll be following this project with interest mainly due to the mentioned flexibility to be built in to allow for a 74 later on... which is what I'd really like, a big ED.  I can't really find a justification for a 71 at the moment (at the moment he says!) but a 74 would be a lovely project to see developed, oh that detail on those bogies. :crazy:

Good luck with the project Dave... will be good to see how it progresses.

Jon

I noticed that one or two other retailers are also offering pre-orders of these class 71s.  I'm intrigued, because if these running numbers are only to be offered to the crowd funders, does that mean that a pre-order to one of these other retailers will also go towards the funding, or is it only orders on the Kernow website that will help the funding?

If the latter, then how will the other retailers get their hands on these models they are advertising, if they will only be available to crowd funders?

Regards,

Pete