OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

Hi everyone,

As i'm sure you can imagine, production of the class 71's is long and laborious, but it is getting there.

With this in mind i have received more production photographs today from the factory floor that were taken today 8th March, so they are hot off the press.

Cheers

Dave

post-1144-0-38011900-1488978688_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-29293700-1488978693_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-08274400-1488978699_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-71150700-1488978703_thumb.jpg

post-1144-0-74451600-1488978708.jpg

post-1144-0-81685000-1488978715.jpg

post-1144-0-30828800-1488978722.jpg

post-1144-0-96993100-1488978934.jpg

• Like 16

Hi everyone,

As i'm sure you can imagine, production of the class 71's is long and laborious, but it is getting there.

With this in mind i have received more production photographs today from the factory floor that were taken today 8th March, so they are hot off the press.

Cheers

Dave

Very nice, I see the wiring is neat too.

"Please Stop!" seems to be hinting at some form of instructions to follow before unboxing etc...

I wonder if we will see any pics with golden arrow plates fixed.

Please note the testing over trailing and facing points, the test track includes cross overs, insulfrog points, and gradients.

The internals on view including, for those in the press that don't seem to think this matters, a blinking big space for a speaker and easy access DCC socket area.

Oh and don't forget, the switches in the underside for the lighting.

Oh and don't forget is the only class 71 with correctly patterned bogie steps, roof detail, blinds behind the windows, etched parts for steps, correct panto markings and detail,

Has either roof or cab pillar air vents, NOT both,

Fully independent cab lighting

21 pin decoder ready

And is YOUR Model. The worlds first 100% crowdfunded RTR Model railway locomotive!

• Like 7

I was going to mention the neat wiring but I thought this might be seen as too much of a dig elsewhere, so thank you for mentioning it.

All loco boxes for DJM products will have the 'please stop' notice, to draw attention to lubrication and running in.

It may not have the desired effect but at least I've tried to advise.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 3

Not too long now.

Hang on, how come the vapour looks so solid?

I see my original green one, third from the left.

Oh mate use your eyes, any one can see yours is the one next to that one!

• Like 1

I must admit, i think the box is lovely.

Not sure I've mentioned this before but it has a relief map of Kent and the docks subtly applied behind the loco on the box lid.

If anyone saw what i consider to be the best loco box design ever, the D1000 for Steam i co-designed its like that but not as sandy, lol

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Thanks for the update on your 71's Dave, as I mentioned earlier in this thread I purchased all three of the Hornby versions, simply because I was very impressed with them, however, your version looks superb so I'm planning on investing a lot of my beer funds over the coming months on yours :-)

• Like 1

My blue one is in the box of blue ones, 3rd from the end of the bottom row, next to the text in the box that says "HST class 43 virgin" - was that an Easter egg to another Project, do i get to claim £5 for spotting it ?

Not being one to course an international incident, but I think you find the "3rd from the end of the bottom row" is my order. As to the £5, I have already have that !

Hurry up China, I am wetting myself with anticipation! 

If you could speed up my order Dave there will be a drink (up to the value of £5 only)in it for you!

• Like 1

I must admit, i think the box is lovely.

Not sure I've mentioned this before but it has a relief map of Kent and the docks subtly applied behind the loco on the box lid.

If anyone saw what i consider to be the best loco box design ever, the D1000 for Steam i co-designed its like that but not as sandy, lol

Cheers

Dave

I had to look twice, I thought I saw "design clever" for one moment!

Please note the testing over trailing and facing points, the test track includes cross overs, insulfrog points, and gradients.

The internals on view including, for those in the press that don't seem to think this matters, a blinking big space for a speaker and easy access DCC socket area.

Oh and don't forget, the switches in the underside for the lighting.

Oh and don't forget is the only class 71 with correctly patterned bogie steps, roof detail, blinds behind the windows, etched parts for steps, correct panto markings and detail,

Has either roof or cab pillar air vents, NOT both,

Fully independent cab lighting

21 pin decoder ready

And is YOUR Model. The worlds first 100% crowdfunded RTR Model railway locomotive!

Please don't forget If DJM Customers require a DCC Sound fitted model or just a 21Pin Decoder & Bass Reflex Speaker then contact Dave either by this forum or via his website e.mail address as this 'Legomanbiffo version will be available from Dave at the same time, the decoder and speaker price is £120.00 if ordered with the loco from DJModels. The fitting can be arranged via DC Kits (Contact:   charlie@dckits.co.uk)

• Like 1

Please don't forget If DJM Customers require a DCC Sound fitted model or just a 21Pin Decoder & Bass Reflex Speaker then contact Dave either by this forum or via his website e.mail address as this 'Legomanbiffo version will be available from Dave at the same time, the decoder and speaker price is £120.00 if ordered with the loco from DJModels. The fitting can be arranged via DC Kits (Contact:   charlie@dckits.co.uk)

Oh no! More expense....

Does it need to be ordered right away with the loco, or can I breath a couple of months after it is out and then buy one for the same price please?

Edited by JSpencer

Hi everyone,

I got a notification from China this morning saying that they were ready to ship 'some' of the 71's starting next week.

When I queried 'some' they gave me the figures.

I have declined, simply because only 30% of you would get your model, and it would be mixed decorations. This wouldn't be fair, so I've asked for them to ship the complete consignment together.

I hope all of you agree that this is the fairest way for everyone?

Cheers

Dave

Hi everyone,

I got a notification from China this morning saying that they were ready to ship 'some' of the 71's starting next week.

When I queried 'some' they gave me the figures.

I have declined, simply because only 30% of you would get your model, and it would be mixed decorations. This wouldn't be fair, so I've asked for them to ship the complete consignment together.

I hope all of you agree that this is the fairest way for everyone?

Cheers

Dave

All understood, however the production levels quoted seem very low when you advised on 9th February that production of the 71 had restarted with early returners from CNN, and with the headstart already made before the break, the production of all versions could be completed in a month (from 9th Feb). One month on and only 30% complete, what has the factory been doing. At that rate the model production could take another 2-3 months. I notice Hattons are now quoting April/May for the 'Golden Arrow' versions. At this rate the model production seems to be progressing like an arthritic slug climbing a greasy pole.

• Like 1

Some things you have to understand here, and whilst I agree that it's more than a tad slow, one of the reasons could probably be waste models and the need to produce more.

For example, if they are in weathering mode, some might be wasted due to the weathering not being correct when put against the master. The Chinese will make a few spares just in case but I understand QC on the Hattons proved that there were more than a few failures due to glue marks and in level arrows.

All this does hold up the production line somewhat, but we are only talking possibly a week or 2's delay now, not months.

I could ship now but who do I choose to have the models? Is it fair for some to get theirs earlier than others?

In my opinion it's a team effort and as such the team should be rewarded at the same time.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2