OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

Hi Mike,

production started before CNY but completion of any particular batch didn't happen, and i wasn't going to ship only a few 71's to a few lucky crowd funders as it would be unfair.

no doubt i'll have an update as soon as CNY is over.

cheers

Dave

Thanks mate, so we should be looking at the end of Feb then?

Thanks mate, so we should be looking at the end of Feb then?

many a slip between cup and lip mate.

best if i report when they are scheduled to ship rather than guess and be wrong........again! 

cheers

Dave

• Like 2

many a slip between cup and lip mate.

best if i report when they are scheduled to ship rather than guess and be wrong........again! 

cheers

Dave

How about only reporting when the ship actually sails

I thought they were going to be air freighted in, as stated in the Class 71 delayed advice on 13 December, to avoid the 35 days plus shipping by sea time

Hi, for clarity I used the word 'ship' and in its transport connutation and not the method of transport. Lol

They will, of course, be 'shipped' by air once ready.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Dirigible or blimp?

Or perhaps, a horse-drawn Zeppelin! ;)

(With due acknowledgement to the Goon Shows).

Maybe, using another device used by Neddie Seagoon from the Goons. ' I needed to get there fast, so I set fire to my socks and set off hot foot'

• Like 1

Maybe, using another device used by Neddie Seagoon from the Goons. ' I needed to get there fast, so I set fire to my socks and set off hot foot'

To add to this line, and you have to marvel at Spike Milligan's thought process. Neddie in this sketch, was an officer in the British Army, who was tasked with getting a new British flag to the soldiers in a far off outpost, who had lost their flag and so didn't know who they were meant to be fighting for. To add complication, the far off place had no wind, so to make the flag flutter, it was made of wood and hinged.

I know this is keeping us off topic for the class 71, but another Goon Show line i always loved was when asked what sort of vehicle they were using, the reply was. "It's the new carriageless horse."

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

have you considered using the new train service from China to England - rail by rail?

I doubt Dave would be able to choose. Presumably DJM or the factory goes through a shipping agent, who will decide how and with whom the goods are shipped based on time for delivery and price. Dave could specify a time that could only be met by air or perhaps train, but would pay more for doing so.

Hi Keith,

I'm glad to report that the factory is up and running again, and manned by early returners from CNY.

I learnt late last night that production work has re-commenced on the class 71 and I'm hoping for some good news regarding progress later next week.

Production for this amount of models normally takes a month, but as they has a head start before CNY, things could come thick and fast now. Certainly I seem to have the factories capacity taken care of for the next 2 months or so on various projects.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

A long time to respond - is your piece of paper slow

Reminds me of another comedy moment.  The "flash-bang" effect used on stage typically in pantomimes is initiated by stamping on a sheet of material rather like paper and working much like a cap gun used to in our childhood.

Until one night when it had somehow become damp and no amount of stamping or stomping would produce any response.   Aladdin turned to the audience and uttered the extempore line "Goodness gracious - what a caper.  Someone's pee'd on the magic paper!!!"

Cue rapturous applause.