Hattons announce OO Gauge King

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Brilliant thanks Dave. I have to say I am very impressed with the level of detail shown on these CADs. I love how the frames are full and don't have a huge unprototypical gap between them and the bogie. Very nice work Dave. May have to preorder a few more I think lol.

Golly.  If those shots don't whet the appetite ... Looks like the benchmark is about to be raised. All we'll need soon are some Dreadnoughts and Concertinas to go with them and we can float up to Great Western Heaven on a fluffy white cloud of steam.

• RMweb Gold

These are seriously good images.......

I can almost hear the creak of the wood work as some chinless wonder emerges to inform us that the angle of the clacker flange is ten degrees out for those in service in January 1938.........

Stand by.

Rob

.........I can almost hear the creak of the wood work as some chinless wonder emerges to inform us that the angle of the clacker flange is ten degrees out for those in service in January 1938.........

Stand by.

I do hope they remember to put a smokebox door in......

• RMweb Gold

These are seriously good images.......

I can almost hear the creak of the wood work as some chinless wonder emerges to inform us that the angle of the clacker flange is ten degrees out for those in service in January 1938.........

Stand by.

Rob

Oh, You spotted it, too. :jester:

I do hope they remember to put a smokebox door in......

With all the detail it would be a shame to have to close the smokebox door.

They look fantastic, totally awesome.

It would look bloody strange if you run it open  :jester:

Therefore, I think I'll have to buy another just to sit on shed looking majestic ... 

I'm trying to figure out a reason to have a Western Region King sitting around in a Southern Region siding with its smokebox door open and tender split.  Maybe a re-railing operation (quite valid with some of my trackwork).

Whilst the loco backplate and smokebox look wonderful, the tender detail is just amazing.

• RMweb Gold

I am very firmly of the view that if the others Hattons are listing are going to be as good as 6023 (according to the CADs) the hobby will have at last arrived at a definitive 00gauge/4mm scale (if it can do what Horsetan asks) r-t-r 'King'.  I have previously hear a little whisper about the lack of daylight above the bogie and according to that CAD it will be delivered - great stuff.

Today I was expecting to see some CADs to make a model, not the real thing ;-)

Now, just to be clear, I am not after a new King locomotive, period! But after seeing this.....

One question. The Lamp on the front, will that be supplied? (Working ? Etc).

And hey, you may not believe this, but there is still room for improvement. The glazing is not flush on the inside of the cab LOL!

I am very firmly of the view that if the others Hattons are listing are going to be as good as 6023 (according to the CADs) the hobby will have at last arrived at a definitive 00gauge/4mm scale (if it can do what Horsetan asks) r-t-r 'King'. I have previously hear a little whisper about the lack of daylight above the bogie and according to that CAD it will be delivered - great stuff.

Within a hundred years we will see multi material 3D printing and carbon nanotubes. Basically imagine DCC controlled loco crew that will light a lamp, walk round and place on the lamp iron. Your loco can be live steam or electrically controlled, the motors being integrated into the wheel bearings, you will not even know they are there. Instead you will see a full set of working motion, working braking system. Everything will be a lot finer today, and being made from carbon nanotubes, completely un-breakable. For live steam, things will be even more realistic.

All downloaded into your own home.

Sadly we will not be around to see so it will be DJM and Hattons King as the ultimate for now....

Even with all this amazing design, a King still looks like a Castle, Hall, Manor, Grange.........! Isn't it about time we had some Dean and Armstrong locos to this standard, as they didn't all look the same? With easy conversion to EM or P4 designed in!

On the other hand, maybe not, as it would do serious damage to my bank account, which is safe while all these modern image locos keep appearing :jester:.

Oh my, this makes my 1960s Wills Finecast King look a bit, well, of the 1960s. Talk about a quantum leap! As others have said, I don't need one but having one would be very satisfying.

And has anyone else noticed the tie-in with Hatton (Bank) and the 60xx class?

Hi All,

Wow!

I can't wait for the guys at Hattons to bring some of these down to 81E to sit on the buffer beam of no. 6023!

Well done everyone!

All the best,

Castle

Archived