Greenpeace stop a coal train with a polar bear in the Retford area

• RMweb Gold

So, trespass on the railway and putting themselves in danger as I doubt they have had any training on mounting a coal wagon.

Railway / driver should be immune from any repercussions from un trained and unauthorised personel being present

i've always maintained that if they get on my train, i shut it down, lock the doors and sit back, i aint no hero going to try and tackle them!

How do these "people" record their acts of infamy?

Plan A

Use a mobile device, which then has to be charged? ,Carbon Footprint!

Plan B

Be kind to the environment. Get a sketch artist to do it. Uses charcoal. , Carbon Footprint!!

Plan C

Sit around the campfire at night, telling the story as oral history. Uses fossil fuel or timber. , Carbon Footprint!!!

Mike

• RMweb Premium

It will be a tactical blunder when one of them gets themselves killed.  I had personal experience years ago at Dover when some protesters fixed their hands to the rails in the sidings with a handcuff arrangment in a metal box.  It was lucky that the driver of the trip working stopped in time.......

Seem to remember the Swampy who was clamped to the rail wasnt so brave when he saw the 33 trundling towards him, nor were his mates in the rubber dingy so brave when the captain of the Trainferry kept coming astern onto the berth whilst they were trying to stop him.....

• RMweb Gold

As far as this bunch of nutters is concerned it is hardly surprising that all the professionals on here hold similar views - irresponsible behaviour such as this is basically vandalism with what can easily be seen as criminal intent. As it was on NR property I sincerely hope that concern will prosecute them for every Byelaw they have broken as, if nothing else, an example to similarly inclined loonies.

And NR could additionally impound the bear and use it for charity fund raising until a separate fine for it is paid ;)

Mind you the lost property office is going to have trouble getting it through the door!

• RMweb Gold

Some of the comments are on here are ridiculous - you can be environmentally conscious without wanting everyone "to live in a cave" etc. Of course difficult decisions need to be made and I don't agree with everything Greenpeace does (eg opposition to nuclear) but on coal they are pretty much right (even if their protest methods can be bonkers/dangerous).

Cheers, Mike

Archived