Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

At least one 09 received all over NSE blue but none in full livery.  Two 08's did though, Ivor and the Cambridge one.

08600, 08631 and 08641 all got NSE colours, all have been done by Bachmann already.

Wasn't aware of any 09's getting blue so could be a possibility

• RMweb Gold

Slightly off topic but Bachmann have never done the high level air pipes required for a but 2 of the 09/0s (and several 08s). Hornby have been a little shy with their offering. Personally I would welcome a few more.

Topic reset.

Griff

What I’d like, but doubt that I’ll get, would be a triple pack of wagons looking roughly like Midland wagons. They’d go well between the Midland 4F and the forthcoming Midland brake van, accompanied by some (approximating) pre-grouping wagons I already have.

Isn't Dick Hardy in NSE? http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/br0809/e35e910fe

The Cambridge 08 was Eagle http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/br0809/e246545aa

Paul

Paul,

Dick Hardy was Inter city livery for the Stewarts Lane pilot around the time of the Gatwick Express trains. It did get out and about at places like Redhill, Working etc. It may have gone to a NSE pool at some stage.

Cheers.

Paul,

Dick Hardy was Inter city livery for the Stewarts Lane pilot around the time of the Gatwick Express trains. It did get out and about at places like Redhill, Working etc. It may have gone to a NSE pool at some stage.

Cheers.

Thanks for correction, my photo is at Hoo J.

Paul

Fitting with the NSE theme, a weathered 03179 in NSE livery, weathered so it is at least different from the old Modelzone release that sold out long ago? Did any 09s get NSE livery? Then there could be brake vans in NSE livery; certainly Queen Marys got this as well as possibly the southern four wheel vans. 

Modelzone actually tooled up a special cab roof for that one. Not sure where Bachmann stands with ownership of the tool part. Although Modelzone is gone now and may be unable to do any legal fight themselves, I suspect Bachmann will honor any such contractual terms they had.

But would be nice to see a second run for sure! (with next 18 and sound option!!!!).

At least one 09 received all over NSE blue but none in full livery.  Two 08's did though, Ivor and the Cambridge one.

actually 08631 was Eagle CURC (in small letters at the bottom of the plate). Named after the Cambridge Univeristy Railway Club.

A few cambridge allocated 08s went on to carry the plates.

As a former President of the Cambridge University Railway Club (Est. 1911) I can confirm 08631 ‘Eagle C.U.R.C’ was named by Chris Green on 2nd May 1988 at Cambridge, the naming event twined the locomotive and the club by taking the name after our club journal, the ‘Eagle’. The journal itself is named after the only ever built steam tender ‘Eagle’ in Cambridge by Hedley Ironworks of Market Hill.

Still a very active club, now as the second oldest railway club in the world, with current Cambridge University students, life (gradstands) and 'town' (non-university members) members.

Modelzone actually tooled up a special cab roof for that one. Not sure where Bachmann stands with ownership of the tool part. Although Modelzone is gone now and may be unable to do any legal fight themselves, I suspect Bachmann will honor any such contractual terms they had.

But would be nice to see a second run for sure! (with next 18 and sound option!!!!).

The collectors' club version of 03179 in WAGN livery used the same tool, so probably not that exclusive.

There was comment at the time that the same tooling was useable to represent the cut down 03s that ran in Wales on the Burry port (?)* line. Also good for 03079 too. The comments were that the roof profile wasn't exactly the same as the Isle of Wight examples, so may have been with the Welsh modified locos in mind.

*Just got back from a trip to Erith overnight, so am customarily slightly drunk and therefore not google-fu compliant because I finished work at 10:00 but am still getting paid until 5:00pm. It's a tradition that I like to have some booze on company paid time when this happens.

Edited by Jenny Emily

Aha! I’ve been wondering that as well. Will they continue to mark time until they’ve caught up a bit or will the Club press senior management to keep up the tradition?

They like to pull the participating members along with what they announce, so I am hoping for a Lanky 0-6-0, which would go wonderfully well with the Lanky tank. Bear in mind that I’m usually wrong when I try to guess what manufacturers are planning. :(