Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

I've not seen that modeled before

Often noticed as we passed areas of local housing you could see tv's, sofas, fridges thrown over fences onto the embankment. Moulescoombe near Brighton was such area I remember.

We dont seem to model 'hot boxes', break aways, suicides or slam doors on the catch or wide open on the offside.

There was one layout featured in 'Model Rail' several years ago that featured modern motorbikes. They were from the Micro-Machines toy range and they scale out to 00 scale. Also in the range was a snowmobile using the same rider figure as the bikes and a jet-ski. Also they produced an Isetta bubble car that is 00 scale. I don't think they are made any more but there is plenty of them available on E-Bay.

I have a resin kit for a complete bathroom including the loo roll and lavatory brush, plus a bidet and towel rail with towel. This is 1/72 scale intended for military modellers. Another model I picked up at a military modelling show was a hip bath complete with rubber duck.

Thanks for this.

After reading it I thought I was lacking some small details on my layout. I got on ebay and there was a set of the micro machines bikes. I bought them!

I'm quite pleased with them.

They vary in detail, the snow mobile is about the best! I think I can make something of the green trials bike though.

heres how they come...

gallery_16311_3509_39933.jpg

Stu

• Like 3

Ok, I think we had modern ticket machines...

what about 4mm tickets?

gallery_16311_3509_62221.jpg

I probably need some better people if I'm going to bother putting tickets in their hands!

gallery_16311_3509_68442.jpg

and maybe sweep up that stray ballast! Below is a discarded ticket... Couldn't even focus on it!

gallery_16311_3509_1303.jpg

I really like this thread, there are lots of things I want to add now.

Matress etc..........

Thanks,

Stu

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for this.

After reading it I thought I was lacking some small details on my layout. I got on ebay and there was a set of the micro machines bikes. I bought them!

I'm quite pleased with them.

They vary in detail, the snow mobile is about the best! I think I can make something of the green trials bike though.

heres how they come...

gallery_16311_3509_39933.jpg

Stu

I didn't know they made a quad bike as well. I saw a set at the swap meet at Brentwood on Saturday with the Isetta bubble car, the asking price was £10 but as I did not want the rest of the set I let it go.

Ok, I think we had modern ticket machines...

what about 4mm tickets?

gallery_16311_3509_62221.jpg

I probably need some better people if I'm going to bother putting tickets in their hands!

Thanks,

Stu

That was the guy who bought his Penzance to Edinburgh tickets online.  He split the journey into connecting sections to get the cheapest journey.  He had 26 tickets and 13 seat reservations for the journey, stepped onto the platform at Penzance and the wind got him playing '39 card pickup'.

• Like 1

I didn't know they made a quad bike as well. I saw a set at the swap meet at Brentwood on Saturday with the Isetta bubble car, the asking price was £10 but as I did not want the rest of the set I let it go.

I know a bike garage under the arches like that!

• RMweb Premium

On a Welsh theme, how about a gorsedd circle? Any self respecting town has one in a park somewhere, and easy to model. Or if you are looking for a cameo scene, how about the Bards:

http://www.oldukphotos.com/graphics/Wales%20Photos/Glamorgan,%20Mountain%20Ash,%20The%20Queen%20being%20made%20a%20member%20of%20the%20Gorsedd%20of%20Bards%20in%201946%20II%20-%201280pix.jpg

• Like 1

How do you model nervous sheep?

On the subject of sheep, I've never seen sheep behave the way they do in cameo's. I should know, being of farming stock. I would be interesting to see a gathering that I can remember; the sheep heading in variety of directions, dogs barking incessantly and running hither and thither, all the while the shepherds bellowing instructions betwixt outbursts of the most colourful language, feel free to come and take recordings, the faces of the exhibition goers would be reward enough. :D

On a slightly more gory note, if you happen to have a flock of horned Ewes, they have a tendency to tangle, especially when their penned for shearing (which is rare to see as well) and, well not being the most agile of creatures, tear them off. The beasts feel nothing but the result is a bloody stump, it would be a simple enough operation, just a little red dab. What else is there? Shearing as aforementioned, usually takes place towards the end of summer, and nowadays uses a trailer for portability, with the clippers being driven by an electric motor bracketed overhead, usually a Ewe, its only ever females that are bread for wool, is locked at the end of crawlway to encourage the others.

also farmers in my experience are great at keeping spares, I.E piles of scrap, fencing wire, posts and old tires. The farm I live on even had its own petrol stand. Finally, as you may guess, a lot of the infrastructure doesn't stay very pristine or even stable for long. Gates are a great example of this, vehicles reverse into them, beasts jump up on them, they rust very quickly. As well, sheepdogs chew their kennels, plastic is discoloured by the multi-spectral universe of chemicals present and bleached in the sun. Barns with animals in them eventually have to be mucked out, feeding and sawdust is often bagged on site, and of course, mud. Believe me appearance is the very least of concerns.

Yours

ScR.             

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

How about a wicker man with a working smoke unit!!

Accompanied by a naked Britt Ekland................. :O

(That'll confuse the younger viewers)

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

How about a wicker man with a working smoke unit!!

Not implausible; although Butser Ancient Farm in Hampshire is nearly 2km from the nearest railway, they build a Wicker Man and burn it for their annual Beltane (May Day) event. No naked Britt Ekland, although the entertainment at the event has included belly dancers.

Pete

• Like 3

One for continental modellers: you will know that In France, SNCF trains drive on the left (historical oddity - the British showed them how to build railways) except in Alsace and much of Lorraine, where they run on the right (again historical - German influenced). Lines crossing the 'border' between the two have natty flyover arrangements to swap sides, including the new(ish) eastern LGV. On a conventional line, a good example is just west of Sarrebourg (clearly visible on Google Earth, between Xouaxange and Imling … yes, these are real places in France!).  The LGV-est one is near Flopré.

I've never seen that on a model!

Edited to add Flopré.

Edited by olivegreen