Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

I've not seen that modeled before

Do Wright exclusively use their own chassis now?

Historically they certainly haven't, with most Wright buses in the UK being on a Volvo chassis so far as I know (Write Eclipse family).

I see from Wikipedia that they do now manufacture their own chassis, but have they stopped manufacturing or moved all their models to their own chassis now?

Do you mean now or when the post you quoted was written?

Edited by Titan

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

How about a DCC setting that simulates class 40 parking brakes failing? That would keep operators of banger blue era TMD layouts on their toes.

Already done. I had a bug on my layout at an exhibition which kept setting off locos running at full speed without anyone touching a controller. The only solution was to grab hold of the loco and do a full decoder reset.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

In use as a propelling control unit on a spare FAA flat, for the Alexandra Dock-Avonmouth trip, it  was later transferred to a FCA (FYA) pair 610289/610290 and used with Class 377 deliveries.

Cheers,

Mick

• 7 months later...

Do Wright exclusively use their own chassis now?

Historically they certainly haven't, with most Wright buses in the UK being on a Volvo chassis so far as I know (Wright Eclipse family).

I see from Wikipedia that they do now manufacture their own chassis and have new models using it, but have they stopped manufacturing older models or moved all their models to their own chassis now?

(Edited because original version was a bit unclear)

Sorry, only just seen the post. Optare do not body anybody else's chassis and haven't done so for years. Wright still body some Volvo chassis, mostly double deckers but have just built some bodies on some Volvo B8' single deckers for Lothian. At the smaller end it is integral's only. ADL will body Volvo, Scania and BYD chassis alongside their own chassis. 

• 5 years later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 15/01/2015 at 10:05, PhilJ W said:

A few years ago the then operator of the East Anglian franchise together with the BTP had a layout specifically designed to demonstrate the dangers of trespassing on the railway. It was aimed at those of school age and questionnaires were handed out asking the youngsters to spot the figures/scenes were they shouldn't be. Those that spotted the most were allowed to operate the layout.

Does anyone know if either this still exists or someone has built a more recent one? I know there is/was a power equipment one so same query for that too. If yes please supply a link I can pass on to our Show Manager.

Not saying we will book it/them if either or both does still exist BUT I am enquiring with my YMRS hat on.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, john new said:

Does anyone know if either this still exists or someone has built a more recent one? I know there is/was a power equipment one so same query for that too. If yes please supply a link I can pass on to our Show Manager.

Not saying we will book it/them if either or both does still exist BUT I am enquiring with my YMRS hat on.

The operator was either Greater Anglia or its predecessor. It was in conjunction with the British Transport Police who might be able to put you in contact with the owners. I saw it about ten years ago at the Ipswich Transport Museum. The BTP do talks about rail safety to schools and it was part of that.

• Thanks 1

On 05/01/2015 at 15:23, Black Sheep said:

Odd socks in laybys - every layby I've pulled into recently has a soggy odd sock either on the kerb or on near the exit, not sure how or why

Sock robbers.

When handling their ill-gotten gains, they use socks stolen from a clothesline which will have someone else's DNA still on it. It also disguised the fingerprints. Then they sling them out at random points where the police won't look.

Also, a derogatory term for someone from Kirkby or an Evertonian.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1136296/PICTURE-SPECIAL-Liverpool-lose-Everton-manage-sock-Toffees.html

Sorry if that has already been mentioned.

There was also this case a few years ago. 🤣

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southport_Sockman

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 26/11/2022 at 21:19, PhilJ W said:

The operator was either Greater Anglia or its predecessor. It was in conjunction with the British Transport Police who might be able to put you in contact with the owners. I saw it about ten years ago at the Ipswich Transport Museum. The BTP do talks about rail safety to schools and it was part of that.

Thanks to some PMs we have a lead now.

• Like 1