Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

I've not seen that modeled before

• RMweb Premium

Norwich had a bright yellow bendy Bus ( with very large SOS on the side) for picking up the drunks on Prince of Wales road Just up from the railway station.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Shall we go for the bendy bus on fire too... ?

Norwich had a bright yellow bendy Bus ( with very large SOS on the side) for picking up the drunks on Prince of Wales road Just up from the railway station.

Depends on whether the persons on the bendy bus set it on fire or does it of its own accord. :jester:

or any of Dagenham's production with the inevitable rusty bodywork

Or a metallic silver Mk2 Cortina with great leprous patches where the paint has returned to its powder state and fallen off.

Or a metallic silver Mk2 Cortina with great leprous patches where the paint has returned to its powder state and fallen off.

...... ah yes , the dreaded 'paint mange' affecting IIRC Saluki Bronze, Silver Fox and  a metallic blue that I can't recall

Fred Dibnah demolishing a chimney :£

I worked out once how to do that as a working model(!) but haven't had a suitable layout to build it into!

(And,like the animated scenes one occasionally sees of someone cutting a tree down,it would look odd being rewound to its starting position!).

Depot layouts are very much in vogue, most have a stud of large express or freight locomotives but I can't remember seeing one which reminds me of a 1960s Sunday at somewhere like Eastfield, with endless rows of shunters gathered in lines awaiting their weekend maintenance and fuelling before dispersing early on the Monday to their various yards and depots.

Jim

• RMweb Premium

Depot layouts are very much in vogue, most have a stud of large express or freight locomotives but I can't remember seeing one which reminds me of a 1960s Sunday at somewhere like Eastfield, with endless rows of shunters gathered in lines awaiting their weekend maintenance and fuelling before dispersing early on the Monday to their various yards and depots.

Jim

Hi Jim

This is best I can do http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/62823-pig-lane-or-should-it-be-i-am-sorry/?p=811693

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

I've never seen an early Datsun with the obligatory different coloured door on a blue diesel era layout.

Jamie

Scroll down to post 180, not a Datsun but  multi coloured. Also note the coat hanger aerial, something you don't see these days but pretty prevalent in the 1970's/1980's:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/82744-peafore-yard-37114s-new-4mm-br-blue-layout/page-8

What about road vehicles with the red and white trade plates strapped on at a jaunty angle? In particular those brave souls who used to drive coach chassis around the country in the fifties and sixties, with only a brown cap, coat or cape for protection. I imagine elf n safety stopped that some time ago.

• Like 1

What about road vehicles with the red and white trade plates strapped on at a jaunty angle? In particular those brave souls who used to drive coach chassis around the country in the fifties and sixties, with only a brown cap, coat or cape for protection. I imagine elf n safety stopped that some time ago.

Many bus chassis now are designed around having the body to give the rigid strength so are not designed to be driven the distance across the country without the body in place. Alexander Dennis use a haulier who has a special trailer that can carry 2 chassis at once. Optare and Wrights use integral chassis which they don't sell to other body builders. The last chassis I saw being moved as described were Javelin coach chassis back in the 2000s

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

How about a landslip? I envisage an end to end layout with a fiddle yard leading to a through station. Beyond the station there is a landslip in a cutting so the trains can't go any further. So no need for another fiddle yard but lots of extra train movements at a station not designed for them, plus engineering trains taking spoil away and bringing equipment and materials for the repairs.

And of course the lines of passengers waiting for the rail replacement buses which have got caught in a traffic jam somewhere and are running hours late.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

How about a landslip? I envisage an end to end layout with a fiddle yard leading to a through station. Beyond the station there is a landslip in a cutting so the trains can't go any further. So no need for another fiddle yard but lots of extra train movements at a station not designed for them, plus engineering trains taking spoil away and bringing equipment and materials for the repairs.

And of course the lines of passengers waiting for the rail replacement buses which have got caught in a traffic jam somewhere and are running hours late.

That traffic jam, including rail replacement buses, could be put on a bridge. :jester: :whistle:

• Like 1

Reading that description of post landslip chaos I couldn't help but think of a badly laid faller bus system with them all bumping into each other outside the station.

If you want to model the landslip in a simpler time then Bachmann have made the perfect set!

Just need a 00 set of bloomers

• RMweb Premium

A loco falling into a hole opened by a mine shaft.

A sinkhole swallowing a house.

Back to buses, a sinkhole trying to swallow a double decker bus as happened in Norwich some years ago

• Like 1

10509537_639104646193942_627384226654043

Some say that putting a car on a locomotive is non prototypical, and that you can never have the freedom of a car journey with the comfort of a train... all we know is, this is scaring the H_ll out of the stig. 

There is only one way to tell if the Stig is scared...his white suit will turn brown.

Hat, coat...