Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Default stances of negativity

I do have to ask if the sparkly unicorn is OO or P4.

S'pose it depends on the size of its hooves.

Hat, coat and I'm off :-)

I see the urine extractors have taken over this thread completely. :jester:

Is that in itself a 'negative' thing though ?

You will all think differently tomorrow, when our negative waves EAT THE SUN. Only buying these special magic beans, for special sparkly people - a snip at £10 for 3 - can you stand any chance of it returning.

Did I say £10? Sorry, I meant £20, as they're artisanal. To you - £50 for 2. :secret:

i liked the kitten until i found out it was a GWR kitten. That has just ruined the kitten for me.

do you think it's an express passenger kitten? it seems to be missing the brass collar round the top

• RMweb Gold

Having skim read these 12 pages of assorted negativity...I'm off to hit the "ignore this topic" so it doesn't pop up on my screen again...Pip Pip!. :boast: 

JF

I find it rather like the motto of 'The News Of The World' - which said (for the information of younger readers) 'All human life is there'.  Now while this thread lacks stories about the nefarious goings-on of scout masters and vicars or instances of 'our reporter made his apologies and left' some of it is probably just as laughable or crazy as some of the stories my gran used to read out of the NOTW while we were sat at Sunday dinner (what posh folk called lunch).

However things have definitely taken a further turn for the better on this page as we now have a cuddly kitten and a sparkly unicorn - the latter leaving me looking forward to an erudite post explaining how it was so nearly adopted as the new BR emblem in 1948.

No disrespect at all to Andy's original post as I'm sure he's not the only one becoming increasingly fed-up with the naysayers and prophets of doom or the death of our hobby but it is nice to see the lighter side emerging as an antidote to those who seemed intent on adding to the misery - maybe they should have made their apologies before they left?

With all this talk of sparkly unicorns and kittens and GWR kittens, there must be space on that for Imgur - as long as there's a banana for scale.

...and for those not in the know: www.imgur.com  Enter with care, it is addictive...

However things have definitely taken a further turn for the better on this page as we now have a cuddly kitten and a sparkly unicorn - the latter leaving me looking forward to an erudite post explaining how it was so nearly adopted as the new BR emblem in 1948.

I believe it was considered as a way of brightening up post-war Britain, but at the time animated GIF technology was not advanced enough for a practical locomotive-mounted solution.

Doesn't everyone have one in their modelling stash?

P1090353.JPG

That's your modelling stash? I thought I had a pretty modest one, but there's certainly no room for a cat in it. You've almost got room to swing one in there :jester:

I find it rather like the motto of 'The News Of The World' - which said (for the information of younger readers) 'All human life is there'.  Now while this thread lacks stories about the nefarious goings-on of scout masters and vicars or instances of 'our reporter made his apologies and left' some of it is probably just as laughable or crazy as some of the stories my gran used to read out of the NOTW while we were sat at Sunday dinner (what posh folk called lunch).

No disrespect at all to Andy's original post as I'm sure he's not the only one becoming increasingly fed-up with the naysayers and prophets of doom or the death of our hobby but it is nice to see the lighter side emerging as an antidote to those who seemed intent on adding to the misery - maybe they should have made their apologies before they left?

if i may be so bold, i think this thread is exactly what Andy wanted, it is full of the people who do not want and do not like negativity and it is giving them a space to show that we look on the bright/ humourous side of things. The important thing is to remember to take this in to other threads to negate the effects of the moaning posts.

• RMweb Premium

You will all think differently tomorrow, when our negative waves EAT THE SUN. Only buying these special magic beans, for special sparkly people - a snip at £10 for 3 - can you stand any chance of it returning.

Did I say £10? Sorry, I meant £20, as they're artisanal. To you - £50 for 2. :secret:

But today is World Happiness Day, so if we all think happy thoughts the Sun will return.

Pete

Don't do Unicorns but this must be a close relation.

The cat, the one in my avatar, has appeared on here before so apologies to those who have seen her efforts with hanging basket liner.

Getting back nearer to the topic.

When the Hornby K1 appeared I made a comment about the tender being of an unusual type for most of the class for most of their lives.

It attracted some verbal abuse and I was accused of enjoying picking out faults.

I saw no point in providing any follow up information given that attitude.

In the reviews that I have read only Model Rail jumped straight in with an endorsement of my comment.

When the J15 appeared I made several comments concerning the combination of features that Hornby had depicted on the various issues. Various people modified their models and several replied in a positive manner to my comments. I then attempted to modify mine by blatantly pinching ideas from other contributors. I made a mess of certain parts and openly stated so in my post. I then received a truly amazing number of positive comments.

Can East Anglian branch line modellers be so much more friendly and supportive than those rom other areas?

Or is there some hidden agenda. I have also been accused of being a member of the AYAS. (Andy York Appreciation Society)

In my day job I worked in QC. I have attended snagging and hand over meetings involving major construction projects. For over 30 years it was my job to find faults. It was also my job to put things right. Here is a plane ticket to X come home when the client is satisfied. Given that brief you had to find problems very quickly and kick a few backsides to get things done. It does make me come across as rather blunt at times.

Bernard

post-149-0-32157800-1426842345.jpg

post-149-0-94521900-1426842357.jpg

But today is World Happiness Day, so if we all think happy thoughts the Sun will return.

Pete

Gosh, I actually thought it was the 17th (it was announced on the radio). There were all these people in green hats down the pub who'd drunk all the Guinness by 7pm, so I naturally assumed...

Oddly, in the lecture room down the corridor there would appear to be a training day involving positive thinking. They're going to miss the eclipse. If they could see it anyway. Which they can't. Tee hee.

It's not a true GWR kitten or it would have been in broad gauge.

Nik

Only if was a Gooch designed Kitten, if it is (as I suspect) a Collett designed Kitten, the spacing between all 4 paws will be standard.

Anyway, I'm not going to get the Kitten, it's got those flaming design clever whiskers and at that price ("free to a good home") I'd expect individually applied whiskers.

Disgusted in Dorset

Archived