Rapido/Locomotion Models GNR Stirling Single

Adrian - in the first instance I'd send your picture to Locomotion and explain the problem. Stuart does seem extremely motivated to fix any problems. Given the mess APC Overnight have made of the deliveries you may be surprised if you ask Locomotion to have yours collected and return it when repaired, its the least they can do given how many customers are feeling let down. Saves you all the hassle of wrapping it up and doing a post office run.

tired contacting locomotion to find out what the address they are currently sending them too and promised a call back. yet to happen the the NRM are handling customer comms very badly for a customer focused company.

by now I would have thought they would have emailed everybody, mailing lists with an update isn't hard. 

recalling all the deliveries out should have also happened but that also doesn't seam to have happened and I have concerns that a GDPR breach has occurred with my name address and contact details going to a party that just sent it anywhere.

if I haven't had contact from them in the next 24 hours and ringing the CC company to have my money pulled back and if more of us did that we would soon get a proper communication and actions taken as the CC companies pulling 100's or orders would hurt.

Edited by damo2929

tired contacting locomotion to find out what the address they are currently sending them too and promised a call back. yet to happen the the NRM are handling customer comms very badly for a customer focused company.

by now I would have thought they would have emailed everybody, mailing lists with an update isn't hard. 

recalling all the deliveries out should have also happened but that also doesn't seam to have happened and I have concerns that a GDPR breach has occurred with my name address and contact details going to a party that just sent it anywhere.

if I haven't had contact from them in the next 24 hours and ringing the CC company to have my money pulled back and if more of us did that we would soon get a proper communication and actions taken as the CC companies pulling 100's or orders would hurt.

So you want to hurt a museum because your toy train hasn't arrived?

Jesus Christ get a grip.

Jason

Jesus Christ get a grip.

Jason

no I want them to talk to me and treat me as a customer. I know they have dispatched mine and just posted it to any random address I have the consignment numbers, the contractor posting them is working on behalf of the museum and as such is responsible. we are contracted with the museum as customers they need to communicate with the customer out of basic respect for the customer. after all I have been triyng to sort out there delivery assignment mess since Friday now. with call back promises and somebody will be in touch and nothing just radio silence.

because if I just took £600 from you you would shouting fraudser or going to the policy saying I mugged you so yeah I have a grip thanks

Edited by damo2929

I suspect that what would actually happen is that the cancelled orders will simply be snapped up by all the people who decided they wanted one after the pre-orders closed, and are now hoping there will be enough spare stock to meet demand.

So it's unlikely to hurt Locomotion much, if at all. It will just mean that some people will not get a model they've ordered and paid for because they're willing to cut off their nose to spite their face. That, of course, is their choice. But I wouldn't recommend it.

Also worth pointing out that Locomotion have put out a statement on their website which gives as much information as they have at the moment. There's nothing else that they could say in an email that isn't on there.

Could not resist trying this photo:

attachicon.gifIMG_5031.JPG

Really lovely pic! Now all you need is a model of Kings Cross... Anyone for Copenhagen Fields in OO???

But it really shows up the 'rear ski slope' (rear running plate between cab and driving wheels).

Certainly not 'to spec' as per the CAD drawings, and is (along with the front running plate issues) the biggest manufacturing disappointment of this otherwise magnificent model. The Single's beauty is its geometry, is this is geometrically off.

I suspect that flash or paint thickness is preventing something sitting correctly...

Also worth pointing out that Locomotion have put out a statement on their website which gives as much information as they have at the moment. There's nothing else that they could say in an email that isn't on there.

Yeah. It's just his attitude. They've pointed out the problem numerous times on this very thread. I can't be bothered arguing with idiots.

I wouldn't mind but the last few pages have mostly been full of fun posts making light of the matter.

Jason

• Like 1

no I want them to talk to me and treat me as a customer. I know they have dispatched mine and just posted it to any random address I have the consignment numbers, the contractor posting them is working on behalf of the museum and as such is responsible. we are contracted with the museum as customers they need to communicate with the customer out of basic respect for the customer. after all I have been triyng to sort out there delivery assignment mess since Friday now. with call back promises and somebody will be in touch and nothing just radio silence.

because if I just took £600 from you you would shouting fraudser or going to the policy saying I mugged you so yeah I have a grip thanks

Obviously you didn't think any of my posts yesterday should apply to you? It was very much for people like you in fact.

I've just been catching up with Tom Mackie (Science Museum Group Retail Operations Manager) on the issue and can give the assurance that it is being investigated from that end and they are following a trail on what's happened where, when and why and that they wish to make the assurance that everyone who has ordered a model will be receiving one as they work through resolving the issue.

Can I suggest, rather than bombarding Stuart or the museum, that you hold on a couple of days so they can do what they have to from that end and they will be in touch as soon as they've got further information?

I have just had another update from Tom Mackie to say that communications with the courier are in process, some local depots have isolated duplicates and queried them where other depots may not have done so. If you do get a duplicate delivery please reject any duplicates and they will be returned immediately rather than the courier having to arrange an uplift and return thus extending the process. Your help in that regard would be very much appreciated.

Locomotion and the courier have full tracking information over how many parcels have been delivered and to what names and addresses and what has been signed for so if anyone was to try and be unscrupulous then an audit trail is on record.

They will be in touch with individual customers, where necessary, if they have an issue to resolve in their personal case. The information they have provided me with is in a general context to try and stop *some* self-combusting. It's fair to say that you have added to that fire with premature negativity so that I, and Locomotion, have had to spend time (which they're a bit short of today whilst sorting it out) discussing the issue so some information could be given.

• Like 1

Remember that it is APC who will likely be responsible for any data breach not Locomotion. By buying the model you consented to your data being used for delivery of the model. Whether you consented to your address being given to a third party to print and dispatch I don't know.. I didn't read the small print. But if your data has gone astray, APC are to blame (unless Locomotion supplied a jumbled list of names and addresses....)

I won't ask any lawyers on here to speculate; its bad professional behaviour!

Ultimately Locomotion's responsibility, but they are probably not to blame directly for this mess up. Please don’t take action on GDPR; the likely result is they will be forced to flog off a loco to the highest bidder to cover the costs, or remove 92220 from display at York and install a Dunkin’ Donuts (replace one row of round things with another :-p)

Just hold tight.

I'm won't be inspecting my model until the weekend due to distance so many of us have circumstantial frustrations and are having to wait!

• RMweb Gold

I think the best thing to do now is give Locomotion time to sort this mess out. Frustrating as it is, getting angry won’t make the solution happen any quicker.

The one of the two models that I did get delivered to me is the sound equipped version and it is absolutely marvellous. The other one will (hopefully) turn up in due course. In the mean time I have three more Manchester Pullman coaches to make :)

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1

they need to communicate with the customer out of basic respect for the customer.

Haven't you read ANYTHING in this thread? What Andy posted a day or two ago? These things take time. Stuart was not working yesterday and its his first day back at work today and at 15:20 in the afternoon what do you think he's doing? Working to fix the problems. He is not going to have the time to trawl though hundreds of complaint e-mails, select yours and deal with you personally. Sorry but that is how it is. You need to be patient. You want your issues fixed now and in an ideal world that might be possible but the world is not ideal. Stuart possibly is simply not in a position to say yet what has gone wrong. There may be hundreds of other misposted parcels and the first task, I would have thought, is for Stuart or his boss to talk at a high level with APC Overnight management, find out what went wrong and agree a plan of action to correct it. This will probably mean APC re-visiting many customers and claiming back the incorrectly delivered parcels. If a customer insists on keeping the extras, Locomotion/APC have the tracking data and will just charge them for the extra model(s).

It'll get fixed.

Really, please calm down, you're not acting in a mature manner.

Edited by Martin S-C

You would have to change the splashers. From memory No 1's were unique. Of coarse that leaves things wide open for someone to produce some etches.

From memory? Blimey given the last Singles were withdrawn in 1916 didn't think there'd be anyone around who remembered the ones other than No 1!  ;)

What a tantrum to throw over some choo choos.

If he's like this now, what's he going to be like when he grows up.

I will just tell my NHS customers that the 999 service being down is not important and that they should stop playing with the phones and grow up.

or government digital services are down oh well. 

these is no difference between these and this they are still customers so from my perspective customer service is import even if it's not for you. so I expect the same level of detail and care I have to show to my customers.

I will just tell my NHS customers that the 999 service being down is not important and that they should stop playing with the phones and grow up.

or government digital services are down oh well. 

these is no difference between these and this they are still customers so from my perspective customer service is import even if it's not for you. so I expect the same level of detail and care I have to show to my customers.

I often compare model trains to life saving services! That's why I intend to write a letter to the PM demanding my Sterling !

Remember that it is APC who will likely be responsible for any data breach not Locomotion. By buying the model you consented to your data being used for delivery of the model. Whether you consented to your address being given to a third party to print and dispatch I don't know.. I didn't read the small print. But if your data has gone astray, APC are to blame (unless Locomotion supplied a jumbled list of names and addresses....)

With my day job hat on...

There's no breach of GDPR in the passing of customer name and address data from Locomotion to APC. That information is clearly necessary in order to actually deliver the model, and that would be the case no matter what delivery method was used. Nobody reasonably expects Locomotion to drive around the country in their own van dropping them off; there has to be a third party involved. So no consent is needed for this data transfer, and nor can it be revoked by the customer other than by cancelling the order (or, if Locomotion permit it, cancelling delivery and collecting the item in person instead).

However, there may, potentially, be a breach of GDPR if errors by either Locomotion or APC (or, indeed, both) have caused individual customer data to leak to other customers (eg, by sending packages to the wrong address). That's unlikely to represent a serious breach, because it will be a set of distinct one-to-one leaks (eg, person A gets to find out some data about person B, and person C gets to find out about person D) rather than a mass leak where everyone on the planet can potentially discover it (as, for example, has happened with some well-publicised data breaches affecting major tech companies). But it is, nonetheless, potentially a breach.

In that case, both Locomotion and APC are liable. Locomotion is, in this context, the data controller, and APC is a data processor acting on behalf of Locomotion. If the ICO were to take action over it, then either Locomotion or APC, or both could be reprimanded or penalised. It would be up to the ICO to determine which was most at fault, and, in particular, whether Locomotion had taken reasonable steps to ensure that its subcontractors took reasonable care of the data entrusted to them. Without knowing more about the details, I can't speculate on how the ICO would apportion blame.

In practice, though, I am reasonably certain that the ICO would take no action. Misdirected packages are an occupational hazard of distance selling. Royal Mail and the Post Office routinely lose or misdeliver letters and packages, and other couriers are just as likely to screw up. But, so long as it's a very small proportion of the overall total, and provided reasonable steps are taken to correct any errors as quickly as possible, then any data breach caused by a misdirected package is effectively de minimis. I can't see the ICO prioritising this as a matter for investigation. and even less to see them doing anything other than maybe writing a letter saying "Be more careful next time".

• Like 3