Collett 'Bow Ended' Standard 57' Corridor Stock Coaches for 2016

Graham_Muz

I am looking forward to buying some of these Bow-Enders. Last year I was planning to etch a series of GWR 57 footers and obtained various fittings and so Hornby has given me space to etch something else instead. Does anyone know if there were restrictions on 70 foot day coaches on the Welshpool-Whitchurch route?

• RMweb Premium

I am looking forward to buying some of these Bow-Enders. Last year I was planning to etch a series of GWR 57 footers and obtained various fittings and so Hornby has given me space to etch something else instead. Does anyone know if there were restrictions on 70 foot day coaches on the Welshpool-Whitchurch route?

Hi Coach

According to the GWR General Appendix 1936 73' x 9' stock can be used between Whitchurch & Aberystwyth, which covers your route.

Cheers

Keith

Edited by melmerby

My late uncle was an apprentice in Swindon carriage works at this time, and from his limited memory, it was a period that only stock that needed a full repaint got the full Hawksworth treatment, otherwise it was a patch up and return to traffic such was the chronic carriage shortage. It also depended on how busy the paint shop was with new build stock. Otherwise, double waitsband lines and new emblems only. This would involved painting over the GWR above the crest and putting the GREAT WESTERN either side of the existing shields.

Mike Wiltshire

That would make for an interesting model. Presumably as the brown would have faded since the last repaint, the painting over of the GWR would be relatively apparent, rather like the painting over of G W R on some loco/tender sides, although to be fair I've only ever seen that on the Titfield Thunderbolt loco.

What a totally ridiculous thing to do; the guy is asking for trouble. He's also got listed Hornby locos that aren't slated for release until Q3 & Q4 of this year! This simply contravenes eBay's terms of use - listing items for sale that he simply doesn't have in stock - and I bet he gets his fingers burnt by a unaware customer in the very near future. I'm tempted to order a 4013 Knight of St.Patrick and a rake of Collett's myself just for the fun of it!

CoY

• RMweb Premium

Better snap them up quick!! And then raise a dispute when they don't arrive by next Tuesday....

Their T&Cs clearly state that items will be dispatched when available.

They are not the only ones on eBay waiting for items to come into stock.

maybe OK if you clearly state it?

Keith

Edited by melmerby

I see a few other shops do this on ebay, so not really new, saw one shop showing they had the Sentinel that was not going to be out for three months.

I wish they would stop doing this as it dose not help and only causes confusion and frustration for the unwise.  

• RMweb Gold

Their T&Cs clearly state that items will be dispatched when available.

They are not the only ones on eBay waiting for items to come into stock.

maybe OK if you clearly state it?

Not as clearly as it states they would have been delivered by next Tuesday... It also said clearly 6 were available e.g. in stock, which we all know is a lie. If it's not in stock, it's a fraudulent listing. Guess someone must have reported them. 

Edited by 57xx
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Not as clearly as it states they would have been delivered by next Tuesday... It also said clearly 6 were available e.g. in stock, which we all know is a lie. If it's not in stock, it's a fraudulent listing. Guess someone must have reported them.

And this of course is none other than TMC.It appears to be sharp practice but might of course be nothing more than a genuine error by an accredited Hornby retailer....given the occasional erratic nature of Hornby's delivery dates.

And this of course is none other than TMC.It appears to be sharp practice but might of course be nothing more than a genuine error by an accredited Hornby retailer....given the occasional erratic nature of Hornby's delivery dates.

It could have also probably been testing pages? I've seen many websites (selling different products and also trains) where they've just set up a product page for test purposes only. It's normally up for a few hours.

It could have also probably been testing pages? I've seen many websites (selling different products and also trains) where they've just set up a product page for test purposes only. It's normally up for a few hours.

Trouble is they also had listings for the Hornby Adams Radial as reported in that thread, and I've just found listings for all versions of the forthcoming cattle wagons and coke wagons, and those last two are about 6-9 months away. All of these listings have been withdrawn but appear in the e-bay 'completed' listings.

Edited by rembrow

I wonder if anyone has noted R4680 is RH, R4686 is LH, same model different livery. To my understanding van end was handed corridor facing. To me R4680 has the wrong description. Am I wrong? Please help, I intend to purchase 60 of these coaches, there are a need for more RH in rakes than LH