Hornby Announce Peckett W4 0-4-0ST

WD0-6-0

I tried them last time as it began to emerge that stocks were being rationed, and they had already gone, but I will try again this time. but it is belt and braces, orders will be with others as well in case of potential shortages.

• RMweb Gold

If it were my decision, I'd consider a different variation on Dodo, as this is factory livery, maybe 614 with the manufacturers name on the running plate,

Looks like I was out by all but 54 works numbers !

I have to say I'm happy with the announcement.

I think two in this livery will happily meet the pent demand, with 3 more overall in the range I'd expect the prices to drop from the £200 to the normal, but I do also think all 3 will sell out, the one with the works name will go first, as it's a usual but very unusual model.

Time to order a couple more pecketts. :-)

Edited by adb968008

I tried them last time as it began to emerge that stocks were being rationed, and they had already gone, but I will try again this time. but it is belt and braces, orders will be with others as well in case of potential shortages.

Hopefully you'll stop crying now. :)

Hornby have taken steps to try and ensure supplies get more evenly distributed to give smaller retailers a fair chance with the newly announced liveries.

• Like 1

Well bowl me over with a wet feather. There's a surprise!

560 & I worked at the same place.

Strangely yesterday, I was at a funeral  with the son of the locos ex fireman/shunter. It looked a little different to ex works when it worked in Co.Durham as it had come from Brummer Mond in Chesire via a total rebuild by Ridley Shaw of Middlesbrough (1930) It was scrapped by the NCB in April 1949 (but not on my trainset)

With the full Peckett script along the running plate; looks like this release could be a good-un for those who want to carry out a simple re-number.

H&P also had a rather groovy looking fireless loco in the dark blue livery. One of those would also fill a gap in the industrials market.

You could always go for an even groovier kit from Prickley Pear Impetus.  :nyam:

post-508-0-82222600-1502372516.jpg

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 5

H&P also had a rather groovy looking fireless loco in the dark blue livery. One of those would also fill a gap in the industrials market.

Since the industrials market seems to consist almost entirely of "gap", am I right in assuming this is actually just a subtle form of wish listing?!

Pray God that Bernard Lamb actuall secures his order this time. I'm tempted to buy double, to give him the spares if he doesn't get his: otherwise I fear for his blood pressure.

I'm liking these announcements. And looking forward to the day a red one emerges.

Paul

• Like 2

Hopefully you'll stop crying now. :)

Hornby have taken steps to try and ensure supplies get more evenly distributed to give smaller retailers a fair chance with the newly announced liveries.

I do hope so Andy. As one of the people who preordered Dodo and didn't get one. Maybe one day I will be the owner of a Hornby Peckett. After all the Eagles did get back together. Edited by Unknown Warrior

So with another 3 runs of the Peckett on the horizon one must ask the question, at which point does the Peckett on a layout become as clichéd as the bus on a bridge? :smile_mini:

Another thought I have is, how many that pre-ordered the black P will cancel that order to go for green? 

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

• RMweb Premium

I do hope so Andy. As one of the people who preordered Dido and didn't get one. Maybe one day I will be the owner of a Hornby Peckett. After all the Eagles did get back together.

Dido? Hornby made a model of a singer? Wow I missed that one!

• RMweb Gold

I think I'd like to see the Lilleshall model in the flesh. Funny, the idea of the black flavour never caught on with me, funny how things change. I can see my colliery shunting plank in the offing, so 2 or 3 Peckett's is quite prototypical. Does this Dido come with Dcc sound?  It would be quite good, wailing as it goes along with a couple of wagons in tow...

Ian.

I went onto Hornby's Facebook page to make one suggestion (in addition to complimenting them on doing some more): that is, to make the whistles more robust. Even one of the pictures in the blog shows a Peckett with the whistle leaning forwards. I have all three of the original releases and have had to replace two of the whistles, and I am by no means the only person to have had the problem.

In all other respects they are really excellent models.

Edited by SRman

I went onto Hornby's Facebook page to make one suggestion (in addition to complimenting them on doing some more): that is, to make the whistles more robust. Even one of the pictures in the blog shows a Peckett with the whistle leaning forwards. I have all three of the original releases and have had to replace two of the whistles, and I am by no means the only person to have had the problem.

In all other respects they are really excellent models.

I believe that some improvements may happen in this respect.

• Like 4

Ordered the Lilleshall, No. 883 from Kernow at £79.99.  They have always given me a good service.  Having two 'Dodo's already that takes me up to what l need!  

Although if there's another 'pretty' one issued in 2019 I probably won't resist it...................... :locomotive:

• Like 1

Well, as advised by Hornby's website I contacted a dealer, Kernow, but they want the payment confirmed now, and thats not on for such a long period ahead, I transfer money as require to A/cs. I am trying Faversham Models, and there is Hattons. Another dealer has already stopped taking pre-orders, this is just turning into the same as before.

Stephen

Well, as advised by Hornby's website I contacted a dealer, Kernow, but they want the payment confirmed now, and thats not on for such a long period ahead, I transfer money as require to A/cs. I am trying Faversham Models, and there is Hattons. Another dealer has already stopped taking pre-orders, this is just turning into the same as before.

Stephen

Three further planned batches, Two @ £99, surely enough to go round.

Don't panic...

Don't panic...

Don't panic...

Don't panic...

Edited by Porcy Mane

• RMweb Gold

Maybe a glitch in the Hornby site, but a feeling of deja vue is creeping in as they are are listed as sold out and to contact dealers.........

Stephen

They've been listed like that all day, I guess they're not taking orders just yet. :) They're not sold out as I've just ordered more this afternoon on top of my allocation I ordered this morning. HTH

Edited by Derails Models

• RMweb Gold

Just a thought here, but I have infront of me the official Peckett and Sons price list and catalog, containing 78 pages of Peckett official works photographs.

Every locomotive picture shows a locomotive in the works colour scheme, over 80+ pictures, all obviously the same livery.

None of them show a dark green panel on the upper part of the footplate as per R3460 Niklausse.. was this one different for a reason ?

The oldest example in the price catalog is wks No 959, the newest is No 1859.. so this dates the catalog as around 1933.

Edited by adb968008