Hornby Announce Peckett W4 0-4-0ST

WD0-6-0

• RMweb Gold

I see a Huntley and Palmers version on ebay at £180.00. Ouch don't think it's worth that much or is it to some desperate person !

Ouch! Wish I'd bought our model shop version now!Somehow, I don't think the black version is not as appealing, but I hear that the pre-order sales have sold out...

Ian.

Guest Midland Mole

I purchased my H&P Peckett back when they first released, and put it in a draw. I just decided today to get it out and display it for a while when I noticed the chassis is loose at the back. On further inspection the head of the screw is completely knackered so I cant tighten it. I guess it will have to remain a display model for now....whick is fine because I love just looking at it. ;)

Alex

Edited by Midland Mole
  • Like 2

Ouch! Wish I'd bought our model shop version now!Somehow, I don't think the black version is not as appealing, but I hear that the pre-order sales have sold out...

Ian.

Google is your friend.

I've just had a quick look and quite a few retailers are advertising it as still available for pre-order.

Jason

Guest Midland Mole @ Footplate

We still have the new black one available for pre-order.

Alex

Edited by Midland Mole @ Footplate

• RMweb Gold

Like you, I've just removed the MSC Peckett from the shelf. Then , I put it straight back (at prices like this, I can't afford to open the box.....). This got me thinking... How long before we start seeing fake Peckett's on that well-known auction sites, purporting to be the real thing? Quick! Grab your Pollie/Nellie/Connie/Willie/Aunty Flo and your fortune is just awaiting you! Some of the more adept at telling tall stories will kid you that's it's kit built, and completely original, down to the detail added by little Johnny, as the 'absolutely original example' took a nosedive onto the chocolate strewn kitchen floor....

It's still in original packaging, by the way...

Ian

Guest Midland Mole

No amount of money is going to separate me from my last Peckett! It will be one of the last of my collection to be sold if the proverbial ever hits the fan and I am desperate for money.... :D

Alex

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

No amount of money is going to separate me from my last Peckett! It will be one of the last of my collection to be sold if the proverbial ever hits the fan and I am desperate for money.... :D

Alex

I thought you were saving your last Dean Goods.....

Ian

Guest Midland Mole

The Dean goods is nice, but if push comes to shove it would go long before the Peckett :P

Alex

Alex

And of course if the worst really does come to the worst, it will slip into your pocket before you go bolting out the back door... :bomb_mini:

I hope that what happened with the HFAs doesnt happen with the Peckett..

Imagine if the new Lilleshall Peckett showed up using a smokey joe tooling !

Be careful what you wish for. A plain black L&Y puggy probably looks as close to a plain black Peckett, as a Railroad MGR hopper looks to the full-fat version  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

I see a Huntley and Palmers version on ebay at £180.00. Ouch don't think it's worth that much or is it to some desperate person !

£180! blimey if I sell my Hutley & Palmer (only taken out of the box once) along with my Hornby Clan I could buy a JLTRT class 27! Very tempted

Edited by farren
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The latest E-Buy Gum offering is £225. Not even a pristine condition....

Ian

I think I will leave my H&P in the box - if its worth that now imagine what a pristine version will be worth in 10-20 years time! :O

• RMweb Gold

I think I will leave my H&P in the box - if its worth that now imagine what a pristine version will be worth in 10-20 years time! :O

Imagine what fun you could have running it in the 10-20 years, priceless ;)

• RMweb Gold

Most stuff from 20 years ago (b4 1997) is in the bargain bin, limited editions and all.

From 40 years ago (b4 1977) is in landfill.

Imagine what fun you could have running it in the 10-20 years, priceless ;)

Depends on mazak. Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

Depends on mazak.

One hopes not, but that only makes the point that its better to enjoy running it now than to unwrap a pile of grey dust in 20 years time. I do have to say that after all the angst about short production runs and the impossibility of finding an unsold example, its quite astonishing to find so many admitting to have bought one and never used it.

• Like 1

One hopes not, but that only makes the point that its better to enjoy running it now than to unwrap a pile of grey dust in 20 years time. I do have to say that after all the angst about short production runs and the impossibility of finding an unsold example, its quite astonishing to find so many admitting to have bought one and never used it.

Does this go with all those unbuilt Kits lurking in our cupboards!

Mark Saunders

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Trouble is with models sold today they are produced in small numbers. So if you see a model you like you have to buy it when it first comes out. Or risk missing out. That apples to those currently with out room for a layout just as much. In my difference most of my other stock as seen many hours of run time. However I am seriously thinking of selling up and changing scale which would probably take up less room and lead to a garden layout. And so the H&P was not bought just for profit