2ManySpams

It was a bit tight in width and length :biggrin_mini2: .

Thanks to Damien and Chris for letting this interloper occupy the tt for a few minutes. The layout is, as ever, stunning... even with the more open plan carriage works that it exhibited today B)

A couple from the front.

post-8351-0-50419500-1350748752_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-06555200-1350748756_thumb.jpg

A good show, as always.

Jon

A new saying...? Only Nimbus can go (this far in)to Cornwall

Oh, and a P.S... on returning home, my lad, Alex said "Mum, there was one layout there that I really really liked so much that I could just spend ages looking at it... it was called diesels in the thingy"... well, he tried :rolleyes: ... we laughed - but it really got his attention, which when we're competing from every Nintendo these days, it's not an easy battle. Thanks chaps... a good result. :drink_mini:

Edited by Jon020
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

It was the Uckfield show social last night. Great food, good table and a very challenging quiz. I think we came second, so not a bad result without John.

The venue was a cross between a restaurant and an antique shop. We spied a few interesting items including a 5' length of pub bar and two beer hand pumps. Tempting. Unfortunately the two old barstools we liked we not for sale...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

It was a bit tight in width and length :biggrin_mini2: .

Thanks to Damien and Chris for letting this interloper occupy the tt for a few minutes. The layout is, as ever, stunning... even with the more open plan carriage works that it exhibited today B)

A couple from the front.

post-8351-0-50419500-1350748752_thumb.jpg

post-8351-0-06555200-1350748756_thumb.jpg

A good show, as always.

Jon

A new saying...? Only Nimbus can go (this far in)to Cornwall

Oh, and a P.S... on returning home, my lad, Alex said "Mum, there was one layout there that I really really liked so much that I could just spend ages looking at it... it was called diesels in the thingy"... well, he tried :rolleyes: ... we laughed - but it really got his attention, which when we're competing from every Nintendo these days, it's not an easy battle. Thanks chaps... a good result. :drink_mini:

Good to meet you Jon. Damian was gutted when you took Nimbus away. Very nice model. Glad your son liked the diesels thingy!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Don't forget guys, it's Trakalgar Day - A day to put on a really good show and do as Nelson's (Jubilee 4-6-0 45664) flagman suggested, "England (Uckfield) expects ..."

A tall order when they are a man down going into the second half!
  • Like 2

Yes, but Ian we were 6 ships down and 500 guns less 207 years ago (on 45682 day). Stiff upper lip, old boy!

In any case I've always preferred the phrase of Nelson's 2ic, Collingwood (Jubilee 45645), aboard "The Royal Sovereign" (B17, 4-6-0, 61671) as the two fleets floated towards each other.

As they closed on De Villeneuve's ships he addressed his officers, "Now Gentlemen, Let us do something today, which the world may talk of hereafter".

Oh dear, bad form chaps; Having Cheshire roots, I forgot to numbercheck the Southern's, Lord Nelson, 4-6-0s. 30850 and 30862. Apologies.

• Like 4

In any case I've always preferred the phrase of Nelson's 2ic, Collingwood (Jubilee 45645), aboard "The Royal Sovereign" (B17, 4-6-0, 61671) as the two fleets floated towards each other.

As they closed on De Villeneuve's ships he addressed his officers, "Now Gentlemen, Let us do something today, which the world may talk of hereafter".

I've always preferred the phrase of Jack Scoggins, Master Gunner, "Let's kill the Frogs quickly before the sods kill us!"

Of course Cake will kill us all..........

Best, Pete.

• Like 3

It was good to finally see DitD yesterday at Uckfield, and to have a chat with Damien and Chris as well. John you have my sympathies regarding your back at the moment, mine is still stiff from having to put up a layout on Saturday at Chelmsford. By the way no photos of Kevin operating yet :no:

Colin

• RMweb Premium

Saw this layout at Uckfield, revisited it several times.

Found it to be very inspirational, but forgot to ask about turntable, was it kit built or scratchbuilt?.

I believe Damian bought one of the smaller diameter Heljan oo dcc tables. He overlaid the deck with EM track and then decked it over and added tanks to the side. Glad you enjoyed the show.

I believe Damian bought one of the smaller diameter Heljan oo dcc tables. He overlaid the deck with EM track and then decked it over and added tanks to the side. Glad you enjoyed the show.

Yes that's exactly what I did.

I don't know if this size turntable is still available - it equates to a bit under 70 feet. Be careful though, Hejan also produce a lot larger turntable that equates to around 90 feet in length - a lot larger than anything that existed in this country.