Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

1 hour ago, B15nac said:

According to Facebook there is going to be a very big an exciting update on the manor before Christmas.

Regards Neil

Can you supply a source? Can't see anything official myself

I know the Accurascale team have been very vocal on here teasing that decorated samples images being shared is imminent and I'll be honest everytime I get an email from Accu I'm onto it straight away hoping for Manor updates

Quite happy being patient and waiting, just all the teasers are making me giddy!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

Can you supply a source? Can't see anything official myself

we are evaluating and will have a comprehensive update on the Manor by the end of the week. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Neil,

Looking like Monday. They're currently making love to the camera with their glamour shots!

Cheers!

Fran 

If they are 'glamour' shots I assume that the models are only partially decorated.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
On 14/12/2021 at 09:14, McC said:

we are evaluating and will have a comprehensive update on the Manor by the end of the week. 

Well it’s almost the end of the week. What’s the bet they release the update at 11.59pm on Sunday just to keep us all in suspense lol

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Well it’s almost the end of the week. What’s the bet they release the update at 11.59pm on Sunday just to keep us all in suspense lol

To be fair they have been busy announcing the siphon G.;) 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Black 5 Bear said:

Morning Fran,

Wishing you and all at Accurascale a very Merry Christmas.

P.S Is it "M" day yet lol ?

Many happy returns indeed to all readers and their families!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

They look stunning!

From a quick glance, I think the boiler handrail should be green where it runs alongside the green of the boiler, at least on the GWR versions (I’m not aware of what BR did). And obviously the fire iron tunnel needs to be green too.

The yellow on the GWR monogram looks too ‘luminous’ to me.

And I imagine the bogie wheel centres will end up being black?

But otherwise stunning, well done to all involved!

Edited by BenL
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks! It looks lovely.

Is the screw reverser handle a tad oversized? (It doesn't look like it could actually turn more than ~60° before hitting the side of the cab...)

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Where Are Our Manors? Decorated Manors Break Cover!

Accurascale-Manor-7812-05.jpg.0e413f4fd2ac78801a932db923df1856.jpg

Where are our Manors? It is a question that has been coming up in recent weeks. We would like to apologise for the delay in bringing this long overdue update to you. It certainly has been too long coming.

Accurascale-Manor-7808-01.jpg.0e420481090fe08fd5946241b4478b28.jpg

As you can imagine, things in manufacturing have not been plain sailing the past 12 months, and these supply chain issues have hit our Manor timeline more than we wanted. However, after two months of teaser shots of new engineering prototypes from the factory, our first decorated samples have arrived. They have been worth the wait!

Accurascale-Manor-7812-Detail-01.jpg.455a1a93c8e6a0bec24733af40e2867d.jpg

Accurascale-Manor-7812-Detail-02.jpg.481c242d2d9151b2afb7377e4c6d06af.jpg

Check out our latest blog for the full story, including lots more pics and the revised delivery schedule of Q2 2022: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/gosh-where-are-our-manors-decorated-samples-and-update 

Cheers!

Fran 

Wow !

What an absolutely fantastic model of the Manor class.

I'm really looking forward to Q2.

Many thanks Fran.

Edited by Black 5 Bear
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Good grief - that is amazing.

Another pre order placed (partly justified by cancelling the disappointing V2 and the Brush Type 4 being ever so slightly over priced )

I’m now looking for how a Deltic meets a Manor on a layout allegedly based on 1960s north west England…..

Maybe we should start a competition for best excuse for the layout scenario that allows all of our unlikely combinations of pre order to exist!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

It looks lovely. I particularly like the finish but it would be nice if the smokebox were a little less glossy in contrast to the green. I notice on the Accurascale website that the livery diagrams show the left hand side labelled as “Fireman’s Side”. I think that’s just a slip in the description because the pic above shows driver’s controls be on the correct side. Is Jimmy Cricket on the design team? :jester:

Scratch that – I think I’m the Jimmy Cricket.

Edited by No Decorum
Brain malfunction.
  • Funny 3