SECR 6w Goods Brake (SR Dia.1558)

rapidoandy

On 16/04/2022 at 06:33, Skinnylinny said:

Taking off my Rapido hat and speaking just as a modeller, while I'm not aware of Kadee offering an NEM363-compatible coupling yet, a French company called AMF87 appears to offer a kit which uses the coupler head off a Kadee NEM362 coupler, and provides a NEM363 attachment. I have no experience of this kit, though, so purchase is at your own risk!

https://www.amf87.fr/prestashop/attelages/917-a265-interface-d-attelages-nem363-kadee-4000000012078.html

My AMF87 kit arrived today.  It comprises a small plastic bag containing four plastic 15mm squares with an etched picture on each side of the shape to be cut out .  An instruction sheet about 50mm square is included, nicely printed ...in French of course.  I'll do my best once I have a translation, but making a tiny 3D shape from a piece of flat plastic looks a bit scary. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 02/05/2022 at 18:00, Skinnylinny said:

If you pop up a photo of the instructions in French I'd be happy to translate. 😀

Many thanks Linny.  That's real service.  I should have responded well before now, but I have a daughter who speaks fluent French, spent some time during her schooling in France and loves the place.  😃 🙄 

On 02/05/2022 at 18:00, Skinnylinny said:

If you pop up a photo of the instructions in French, replying to this post to "ping" me with a notification, I'd be happy to translate. 😀

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 24/11/2022 at 14:19, AY Mod said:

Samples on show at Warley.

SECR Brake Van 006.jpgSECR Brake Van 005.jpgSECR Brake Van 007.jpg

Cowing lush. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, MartinM said:

My assumption is that we will be getting these in the new year it will be good to have something to look forward to?

Currently expected to arrive in April

Gary

Edited by BlueLightning
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Given the focus from Rapido on goods stock, perhaps an O or an O1 might be in order...? 

Rob. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

You can have an SE&CR liveried 0-6-0T ( from elsewhere ) now if you want ........ if you really want ...... if you're actually that desperate !!?! 😢

P class from Hattons if you can find them

Terriers from Hornby (twice old and new tooling) and Rails/Dapol if you can find them

The above are quite small locos though.

Then R and R1 class 3D printed and painted (including SECR) body shells from CDC models for Hornby Jinty chassis (they sit a bit high buy I think I could lower them).

Oh and that Hornby railroad SECR lookalike livery toy based on Thomas tank engine which could not even pass for a T class tank..... (but you could use the chassis for the 3D print above, mind you that makes a £120 RTR tank loco which is not far short of what a fully detailed modern tooling tank loco would cost).

• Like 1

Yep, it was the Thomas-style thingy I was particularly referring to ......... as for putting anything on a 3F tank chassis - don't forget that has a 16'6'' wheelbase, the R/R1 a 15'6'' wheelbase and the T a mere 14'7'' wheelbase  ( not to mention different wheel diameters ) so things are bound to be out of proportion. ( Brighton E2 wb is 16'0'' )

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, JSpencer said:

P class from Hattons if you can find them

Terriers from Hornby (twice old and new tooling) and Rails/Dapol if you can find them

The above are quite small locos though.

Then R and R1 class 3D printed and painted (including SECR) body shells from CDC models for Hornby Jinty chassis (they sit a bit high buy I think I could lower them).

Oh and that Hornby railroad SECR lookalike livery toy based on Thomas tank engine which could not even pass for a T class tank..... (but you could use the chassis for the 3D print above, mind you that makes a £120 RTR tank loco which is not far short of what a fully detailed modern tooling tank loco would cost).

The CDC bodies will also sit on an Oxford Dean Goods chassis which may well be lower.

Rob

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Ok. having removed my foot from my mouth, I'll try again.....

Don't take this as gospel, but the SECR 6-wheel brakevan  is due sometime in the future. It bears a familiar resemblance to the Barry Railway 6 wheel brake. I can't find my Mountford book at the moment, but I'm sure a lot of people can.

'Ave a look, anyways....

Mucho apologies from here, to both Oxford & Rapido.

Cheers,

Ian.

• RMweb Gold

Having now found my Barry Railway Stock Book ( Mountford), it would appear that both the SECR & Barry Railway had near-identical brake vans.  Differences such as vacuum brakes, stanchions, etc. Even the running boards look the same. 

Where's my wallet?

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I have just replied to your post in the Oxford thread. Too many differences for me. The ends are different and the placing of the veranda doors so also different. A noticeable feature of Barry brake van doors is the diagonal planking.

Don’t let me put you off if you want to go ahead.

Brian

48 minutes ago, tomparryharry said:

Having now found my Barry Railway Stock Book ( Mountford), it would appear that both the SECR & Barry Railway had near-identical brake vans.  Differences such as vacuum brakes, stanchions, etc. Even the running boards look the same. 

Where's my wallet?

I think they were loosely based on MR brake vans that were down in South Wales and copied by at least one or two others.

Brecon & Merthyr?

Jason