Bachmann announcements 2018 - full list

Andy Y

well i read the last sentence above as "selling our wives"

glad i preordered "merl" when it was announced though

They've already gone Jim! How do you think we've got this far. LOL.

If anyone else wants any other flavour of current or future Bachmann Class 37, you know where we are! We want to be the single point of contact for your English Electric Type 3!

Although we're not adverse to Types 1's, 2's (if it comes out in wee form), 4's or 5's!

If you're talking about 32-939DS then Derails & Rails have a pre-order price of £229 with free postage if that helps, must admit the prices vary wildly on the web but these two seem to be offering a decent price considering it comes with DCC Sound.

Here are the links;

http://www.derails.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1661

https://railsofsheffield.com/class-150-2-150236-arriva-trains-wales-2013-livery-JJJA30625

Don't Bachmann have some initial pricing policy so they'd have to charge a higher amount based on RRP anyway though?

• RMweb Premium

I fear you may be disappointed Martin; see http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/130437-Bachmann-class-37-merl-evans-colas-rail/&do=findComment&comment=3014678

All stock sold at Bachmann and I know several retailers have had their allocations pre-ordered by their customers; it looks to be a very popular release.

Cue daft ebay prices.....................................

Cheers,

Mick

Don't Bachmann have some initial pricing policy so they'd have to charge a higher amount based on RRP anyway though?

Yes I think they do where retailers are not permitted to discount more than 10-15% I think for a certain time period but someone else can correct me with the exact details on their pricing policies.

Cue daft ebay prices.....................................

Cheers,

Mick

Not all is lost, there are still quite a few online retailers who are accepting pre-orders at decent low prices (approx. £117) for this model thus it's not yet sold out everywhere.

Yes I think they do where retailers are not permitted to discount more than 10-15% I think for a certain time period but someone else can correct me with the exact details on their pricing policies.

That's actually illegal under both UK law (Resale Prices Act 1976) and EU law (Articles 101 and 102 of the Treaty on Functioning of the EU). Suppliers cannot set a minimum resale price for their products (including setting a maximum discount from RRP), or refuse to supply a customer that resells the products at a price below the supplier's approved minimum. Including such a clause in a contract is unlawful, and if present is automatically deemed void. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That's actually illegal under both UK law (Resale Prices Act 1976) and EU law (Articles 101 and 102 of the Treaty on Functioning of the EU). Suppliers cannot set a minimum resale price for their products (including setting a maximum discount from RRP), or refuse to supply a customer that resells the products at a price below the supplier's approved minimum. Including such a clause in a contract is unlawful, and if present is automatically deemed void. 

But presumably the dealers wish to remain handling and selling Bachmann products, and thus abide by the ruling, legally binding or not. 

But presumably the dealers wish to remain handling and selling Bachmann products, and thus abide by the ruling, legally binding or not. 

But Bachmann can't stop them. If Bachmann was to attempt to close a dealer's account, or in any way restrict their ability to buy from them, because the dealer had gone below Bachmann's recommended minimum retail price, then a) the dealer could sue for damages, and would easily win, and b) Bachmann would almost certainly be prosecuted by Trading Standards.

Now, it may be that there isn't any contractual clause to that effect at all, and it's just a "gentlemen's agreement" between Bachmann and their bigger customers (who, after all, don't necessarily want to get into a price war with their rivals). That's not illegal, so long as it doesn't amount to a cartel. But it's vulnerable to being challenged by a newcomer that doesn't want to stick to the agreement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Having been in receipt of both the Bachmann and Graham Farish catalogues, can someone enlighten me as to what the A in the black box symbol attached to every model stands for? It's explanation is absent in the attached literature.

You have to be part of a discrete elite to know that secret... :-)

it means the model comes with added extras ... (aka Accessory pack).

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

You have to be part of a discrete elite to know that secret... :-)

it means the model comes with added extras ... (aka Accessory pack).

The other name for Accessory Pack is "bits we left off to see if you could work out where they go"!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

This is a Rep limited edition http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/118772-Bachmann-rep-limited-editions/?p=3066931 rather than main range. But I do wonder how Bachmann decides whether something like this should be a limited edition of some sort or main range. Bachmann has produced several triple packs of 16T minerals in the main range but there have been limited editions too from TMC and Kernow MRC at least. I would have expected these to be popular enough for the main range.

Just some updates on forthcoming Bachmann loco's;

Colas Class 70 70805 31-591 April/May 2018 (as stated already)

Freightliner Class 70 70015 31-590 April/May 2018

Colas Class 37 Merl Evans 37099 32-789 July/August 2018

DRS Class 37 Kingmoor TMD 37688 32-392 August/September 2018

DRS Class 57 Chad Varah 57302 32-763A August/September 2018

ROG Class 37 Europhoenix 37884 32-393DS August/September 2018

DRS Class 37 Avro Vulcan 37588 30-375 January/February 2019

Freightliner Class 90 90042 32-612 March 2019

They'll probably move the release dates again in the future, was quite surprised the Freightliner Class 90 has been pushed back another year and honestly thought we would get it this year.

Anyway hope this helps.

• Like 1

I dread to think when the Caley is pushed back to , given that the models so far mentioned were announced some time ago

Not to mention the G5 that TMC have commissioned from them. Presumably neither of these 2 commissions will appear before the GWR 94XX or the MR 0-4-4T.

• RMweb Premium

Not to mention the G5 that TMC have commissioned from them. Presumably neither of these 2 commissions will appear before the GWR 94XX or the MR 0-4-4T.

It is to be hoped work had already been proceeded on before announcement like they did with the LT stock. I certainly hope the commissioning parties keep an eye on it and hold them to account .

£259?!

I hope it's DCC sound for that price!

Might just get the old model if it's going to be stupid money.

£306 according to latest Hattons email update.... plus still up to 18 months away.... so that could equate to further price rises before its released.....

This is referring to the new 158 with sound....no doubt it’ll be a select chip as opposed to a v4.....

Edited by Andy Mac