Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How to get lynched at a model railway show

BR60103

In order to combat the perennial problem of B.O., spray your layout with the smell of advanced decomposition.

I can suggest reading Derek Lowe's "In the Pipeline", particularly any of the "things I won't work with" for ideas of the ideal composition of the smell.

I think there must be something to the stuff Esso were working with...

http://pipeline.corante.com/archives/2009/06/11/things_i_wont_work_with_thioacetone.php

James

• Like 1

I remember reading something like this as a "plan of the month" in a railway modeller, but back in the early 1980's and involving HO/OO scale stock, the track and baseboards would be loaded in to a transit van on a friday afternoon and driven to the seaside, set up and them the operators would retire to a hostelry for the night. The following morning, they would set up the stock (which had blower equiped "A unit loco's" propelled by motorised B units, and trailed by a full length train :O ) That tested my belief of the plan. The A unit would blow the sand off the tracks as it went - there was a drawing of the A + B unit, but photo's were sadly lacking.

The plan was fronted by some-one in the music industry, at the time I was even more incredulous of the plan!! :D

Seem to remember this article which had the special dateline of '1st April...' at the bottom of the page...(a major hint?)

Says it all really if some on here are taking it seriously like........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When one thinks they know more than they actually do, for example, it's wise not to mispell the name of your favourite locomotive designer. Not so much a lynching "offence" per se, never the less, I know that I'll never live it down! :D ^_^ :)

Oh and yes, I do realise that it is Churchward and not "Churchwood" as I so eloquently put it earlier. Hey we all drop clangers from time to time! LOL :D ^_^

Edited by GWR-Fanatic
  • Like 2

When one thinks they know more than they actually do, for example, it's wise not to mispell the name of your favourite locomotive designer. Not so much a lynching "offence" per se, never the less, I know that I'll never live it down! :D ^_^ :)

Oh and yes, I do realise that it is Churchward and not "Churchwood" as I so eloquently put it earlier. Hey we all drop clangers from time to time! LOL :D ^_^

Yes he has suffered on club nights for his 'errors', just as well the GWR fraternity in the club don't come on here :D

Colin

Surely anything which has been to an exhibition is, by definition, exhibition standard. It's just that some exhibitions are more standard than others.

Geoff Endacott

Geoff, you should be a diplomat!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've no problem with people wearing back packs. Its the inconsiderate ones who seem to be oblivious to everyone else when they swing them round, walk backwards, and generally make a nuisance of themselves with said backbacks, that cause all the problems.

Perhpas wearing a backpack is the way to get lynched at a model railway show.

• Like 3