A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Heute habe ich mit Heki Medium grüne Laub auf einem Anker kaufte ich bei Gets am vergangenen Wochenende. Fotos Anon.

Sounds like you inhaled the stuff and had a bad trip...  :sclerosis:

(Ik gebruik ook wel eens Heki. Soms in het weekend. Maar ik heb dan niet de neiging om Duits te gaan praten.)

• RMweb Premium

According to the SDR website the line has been upgraded and can now handle red locos

They have had a red pannier there for ages............

Revisiting the engine shed area with a thought of replacing the old Ratio one with a Townstreet version, they're at Warley this year for the first time in years and this will give me the chance to have a proper butchers. Meanwhile , I've added another tree using Heki foliage, highlighted with WS fine scatters [burnt green and grass green]. I've placed it here because I like the idea of taking photos through the trees.

Is that a full grown cordyline? Ugly b*st*rd.

Something Teutonic about it as well, not good, not good at all..

:jester:

(sorry, couldn't resist. Will mend my ways.. Promise...)

• RMweb Gold

Revisiting the engine shed area with a thought of replacing the old Ratio one with a Townstreet version, they're at Warley this year for the first time in years and this will give me the chance to have a proper butchers. .

Have you considered the brick shed (Tetbury) in the timber tracks range as a potential candidate for the new shed?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Have you considered the brick shed (Tetbury) in the timber tracks range as a potential candidate for the new shed?

Very much in the running but also the dearest candidate. Any thoughts ?

post-126-0-69043200-1507828700.jpg

post-126-0-40354700-1507828715.jpg

post-126-0-88007900-1507828729.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Have you already dismissed the Wills CK14 engine shed kit?  You need more than one kit but you could have eight or nine for the same price.

I'm trying to move away from the Ratio/ Wills stable to be honest.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Station buildings on Stoke C are from Timber Tracks.  Beautiful kits, and satisfyingly complex to put together.  Well worth the dosh. (Though the final paint job on the brickwork will make or break them.)

John C. 

• Like 1

No, just the lazer cut kit. The former C & L owner Brian Lewis does them and he plans to retire next year.

Deffo one of the better examples on the market in my opinion Rob, but as you quite rightly point out Brian is planning his retirement which is worth pointing out to anyone wishing to purchase his laser cut kits.