New brand, new model - Rails Limited - LNER Dynamometer car

Andy Y

Ever wondered what goes into creating perfection?

Take a look at the parts sheet of our eagerly awaited Dynamometer Car:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-05-04 at 16.15.09.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2018-05-04 at 16.15.38.png

... and that's the easy part! Nearly every interior part has some level of decoration, from paint (several colours) to printed decoration (I don't want to count how many colours!). I've said before, there is more decoration INSIDE this model than on most goods wagons! 

Bill

• RMweb Gold

I've heard of having a magic wand but never a magnetic one. Very clever. :imsohappy:

Will it get as far west as Brent do you think ? My order looks like missing an imminent birthday ( stopped counting on that ) but never mind this will be worth the wait.

• RMweb Gold

... and that's the easy part! Nearly every interior part has some level of decoration, from paint (several colours) to printed decoration (I don't want to count how many colours!). I've said before, there is more decoration INSIDE this model than on most goods wagons! 

Bill

How far away from being released are they Bill ? ;) 

• RMweb Gold

Will it get as far west as Brent do you think ?

Keep it to yourself but I have a plan to run it behind a King on a very well known Eastern layout and to do a photo shoot. ;) 

• Like 1

I'd still love to have a crack at putting one together :)

If you make a good job and Rapido have vacancies, you could get a job in China.  Or send a CV to Hornby, if they restart UK production you could be in with a chance.  Seriously, and without wishing to hijack this thread, surely with the instability of Chinese supply, supposidly ever increasing costs in China, then surely sooner or later a manufacturer is going to bit the bullet and go for UK production.  If you look at current salaries in China circa £17k, and yes we have pensions, NI, etc., but surly with the costs already mentioned, shipping costs,  Brexit, state of the art production techniques etc.,then there is a glimor of opportunity.....

• RMweb Gold

If you make a good job and Rapido have vacancies, you could get a job in China.  Or send a CV to Hornby, if they restart UK production you could be in with a chance.  Seriously, and without wishing to hijack this thread, surely with the instability of Chinese supply, supposidly ever increasing costs in China, then surely sooner or later a manufacturer is going to bit the bullet and go for UK production.  If you look at current salaries in China circa £17k, and yes we have pensions, NI, etc., but surly with the costs already mentioned, shipping costs,  Brexit, state of the art production techniques etc.,then there is a glimor of opportunity.....

Little Loco company is trying to do just that :)

• RMweb Gold

Wow, wow and thrice wow!

That is one spectacular model.

To say that I am glad I ordered and saved for two and that I am looking forward to them arriving is a gross understatement.

all the best and thanks for posting Oliver

Godfrey

Take a look at the latest images of the Dynamometer Car, courtesy of Bill from Rapido who is currently in China.

I think most will agree the finished product looks stunning! The production is in its final stages and we will update shortly with a delivery date. 

Anyone who is yet to pre-order this model the time is now as the order book is almost full:

Click below to order:

Version 1

Version 2

attachicon.gifd1.jpg

attachicon.gifd4.jpg

attachicon.gifd2.jpg

attachicon.gifd3.jpg

attachicon.gifd6.jpg

attachicon.gifd7.jpg

attachicon.gifbox.jpg

The box is too small LOL ;-)

Is there going to be a sequal, in as preserved condition????  Especially with the NRM/Rails links?????

Interesting observation there. I thought the model of 902502 was supposed to be the model as preserved. If you are referring to roof colour I cannot find any evidence that the roofs were painted off-white as in the model. In all instances the torpedo vents, if nothing else are brown or black.