Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Premium

Did the Riley have twin-carbs, as opposed to the single one on the Wolseley? We had a Wolseley for a couple of years in the early 1980s; mechanically good, but the corrosion of the floor pan meant that the body flexed.You could only open one rear door, and which one depended on the camber of the road. It did take us all the way from Newcastle to Beaujolais and back.

The Riley did have twin carbs, and must have really flown. I really quite fancy one, but sadly body parts are increadably difficult to get hold of, so I'll stick to minors....

Andy g

The Riley did have twin carbs, and must have really flown. I really quite fancy one, but sadly body parts are increadably difficult to get hold of, so I'll stick to minors....

Andy g

Yeah, they're all right... ;)

post-6843-0-35368100-1514417243.jpg

Unfortunately, mine's been off the road for a few years for various reasons, but I'm hoping to get it sorted next year, all being well :)

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Tyne and Wear Metro photos. You have some classic views of the units, and they do look good in that original livery. The one from the air is fascinating, and I assume it was taken from a plane going to or from a holiday.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Tyne and Wear Metro photos. You have some classic views of the units, and they do look good in that original livery. The one from the air is fascinating, and I assume it was taken from a plane going to or from a holiday.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

The aerial one was Dad's, taken flying back to Newcastle from (I think) Innsbruck.

David

• RMweb Premium

He could mean minor keys as in Chopin's prelude in C minor for piano............... or perhaps not!

Martyn

I was thinking in terms of 'them as work down t' pit' or moggy thous as some know them as....

Andy g

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Scottish photos. The first one is a great photo of Culloden viaduct. Then in J2838 there is the Creetown, Portpatrick and Wigtown photo which is full of atmosphere.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Edited by Market65

• RMweb Gold

No Crianlarich :(  :O

Cotland?

Mike.

Culrain?

Sorry,

but you only get about 5 photos a day, so you can only have a selection of the places beginning with C.

(And I said all the locations begin with C, not photos of all the locations which begin with C).

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifCullen viaduct GNSR coast line Aug 74 J3921.jpg

Cullen viaduct GNSR coast line Aug 74 J3921

David

And a rearward view of Cullen taken in 2011 from the road just before it goes under the two arches on the left of your picture.

post-408-0-92021200-1514587268_thumb.jpg

I was on the north of Scotland leg of a friend's round Britain cycle ride,

Earlier in the day we crossed the Spey via the railway bridge at Garmouth - a few miles further west.

post-408-0-53104400-1514587569_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Midland Railway photos. In C6146, at Meadow Lane Level Crossing, the leading car of the class 120 unit, the DMBC, has what looks like a kink in the exhaust pipe as it comes away from the engine. It certainly shouldn't really look like it is.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

C1116 and J3373 have something of the feel of a Malaysian jungle about them, perhaps it is the darkened greens and dry gound! Lovely photos, Dave, and a happy new year to you and yours.  I have had a lot of pleasure from your posts, and hope that the wonderful dripfeed of my daily fix of pictorial nostalgi continues for a long time!

• RMweb Gold

The track at Bressingham did not look up to scratch how did it ride?

At the time there were only locos moving on the standard gauge, now and then foorplate rides were offered, at about walking pace so it felt OK.

The narrow gauge was bumpy, but no worse than other small lines, nowhere near as smooth as the Ffestiniog or Talyllyn.

I've no idea what it is like now, it's well over 35 years since I was last there

David