Class 59 in 00

No Decorum

• RMweb Premium

Rails e mail today......

In OO Gauge we are finally expecting the Class 59 diesel locomotives, announced back in 2016 these have certainly been a long time coming! Four versions on the way in the usual DCC Ready and DCC Fitted with the DCC Fitted with Smoke versions expected at a later date.

• Like 1

Good afternoon.

With the great news that the class 59 will soon be with us in August/september. Does anyone know from previous Dapol products what decoder they use in the dcc fitted models? I have a Hornby select at present and just want to make sure it's compatible as I've had issues in the past with other dcc fitted locos.

Any info would be appreciated 

Regards Gary 

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, gary_lner said:

Good afternoon.

With the great news that the class 59 will soon be with us in August/september. Does anyone know from previous Dapol products what decoder they use in the dcc fitted models? I have a Hornby select at present and just want to make sure it's compatible as I've had issues in the past with other dcc fitted locos.

Any info would be appreciated 

Regards Gary 

TBH, the compatibility issues are more likely to be down to the Select than the decoders...................

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 31/07/2022 at 10:15, gary_lner said:

The gaugemaster collection  Dapol 59003 in 00 must be the exception then as its dcc sound/smoke fitted. 

https://www.gaugemasterretail.com/magento/catalog/product/view/id/88043/s/gaugemaster-gm4210201/category/681/

https://www.gaugemasterretail.com/magento/catalog/product/view/id/88044/s/gaugemaster-gm4210202/category/681/

Good to know theres a current day model,im no fan of the smoke fitted,looks daft as it just does not scale well,heres the two options.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Good to know theres a current day model,im no fan of the smoke fitted,looks daft as it just does not scale well,heres the two options.

It's not, it's the old livery. Otherwise I would have one on order!

It was repainted in May/June 2020 without the Europorte roundels at the ends.

Completely agree on the smoke.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hattons are showing the yeoman smoke version as sold out, these must be pretty popular.

So are Dapol not offering a sound version out of the box? Did they do the same with the 73 or 88?

Edited by e30ftw

6 hours ago, Roddy Angus said:

As previously mentioned, sound fitted versions are available directly from Dapol.

Roddy 

I was present at a recent recording of a 59 which sounded very good indeed! Will be holding out for this when it becomes available.

Guy

4 hours ago, Pillar said:

Has there been any inidcation whether the blue colour on the National Power version will be corrected for the actual production?

Have to wait and see if Dapol flew in a few ahead of the main batch for magazine reviews etc.......

1 hour ago, njee20 said:

It looks a lot better based on the picture on the previous page. Ironically I prefer the wrong, darker, blue, but the updated one looks much better.

Thanks, I didn't notice that! Agreed, it does look much better.

On 30/07/2022 at 19:17, Kaput said:

DCC Fitted will be a  Dapol Imperium (rebadged LaisDCC basically).

Sound fitted will probably be a Zimo.

Imperiums are rebadged LaisDCC?

Where did you hear this? 

EDIT : Just googled and it seems youre correct - well i didnt know that

Edited by meatloaf

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

Imperiums are rebadged LaisDCC?

Where did you hear this? 

Multiple places and by physically looking at them. The original Imperium 1 and 2's (21pin and next18) are physically identical to the LaisDCC versions.

On 04/08/2022 at 16:52, LaGrange said:

Given its gestation period it deserves to be perfect - But still waiting to see what a production one looks like first

Same here, i wont be ordering or parting with any cash until i can actually see what it is that im buying. The longer we go without seeing a completed production example the more synical im getting that they are going to have a major flaw, im convinced there is something Dapol dont want us to see until they are in the country and dispatched to customers.

I just dont understand why we've not seen so much as a photo of a production model.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

Same here, i wont be ordering or parting with any cash until i can actually see what it is that im buying. The longer we go without seeing a completed production example the more synical im getting that they are going to have a major flaw, im convinced there is something Dapol dont want us to see until they are in the country and dispatched to customers.

I just dont understand why we've not seen so much as a photo of a production model.

They were on display at Ally Pally earlier this year… both the previous and revised EPs.

14 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

The longer we go without seeing a completed production example the more synical im getting that they are going to have a major flaw, im convinced there is something Dapol dont want us to see until they are in the country and dispatched to customers.

Likewise, it's very quiet. The roof has several errors, a 50% shortage in the number of NRN aerial pods present (on those so fitted) and the silencer doesn't look right (the 'tank' section shouldn't protrude above the cab roof, it sits lower than a 66) for starters. Difficult to judge the position and size of bodyside detail from the photos we've seen. Some of the underframe looks a little flat.

52 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

I expect the livery application is still wrong. Dapol have plenty of form for it...

There's got to be something. The recent batch of N 66s are a disappointment. Black roof, and wrong number typeface on the G&W Freightliner, there was something on the Cemex one too (stripes perhaps?). It's a shame these livery blunders continue to dog Dapol models. Their paint masking doesn't tend to be as crisp as their competitors either.

Jo