Bachmann 2017 range

Neal Ball

[quote name="Steamport Southport" post="2566321" timestamp="

Next time you're at an exhibition play RTR trainspotting. I reckon you'll see most RTR models straight out of the box before you make it half way round. Is that modelling? ;)

Jason

Aside from weathering, the modelling aspect for me is creating a realistic scene to surround my rolling stock...

Is that modelling or landscape artistry?

Edit: using my phone, some of the quote html got lost....

Also one final wish

While there is already plenty to spend my money on this year, Literally anything ex LBSCR or SECR in late Southern olive or wartime black will make me happy :)

I reckon at least one of the older Diesel range will get a re-fresh/re-tool.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Deltic was retooled so that the nose / front windows had the correct profile?

Don't think it will be though.

Problem for Bachmann at the moment is quite how much is already in the pipeline. Unless they can get something to jump the pipeline it's going to be an age before it arrived. I fear the comment of "next decade" will turn out to be too true.

Luke

• RMweb Premium

Wouldn't it be nice if the Deltic was retooled so that the nose / front windows had the correct profile?

Don't think it will be though.

Problem for Bachmann at the moment is quite how much is already in the pipeline. Unless they can get something to jump the pipeline it's going to be an age before it arrived. I fear the comment of "next decade" will turn out to be too true.

Luke

Bachmann swear black and blue that there is no issue with the deltics nose or front windows.

• RMweb Gold

Hrrumph...nothing for me on there for me then,everything is in the wrong livery with not enough rivets, and everything is sooooo expensive.

Just thought I'd get it in first.....

I heard a rumour that lots of people would like to see a cute little W.R. 16XX pannier tank.

That would please the Nucast Partners :-O

At least the MR lP 0-4-4 that a couple of people have mentioned is part of a kit range not currently available.

I appreciate not everyone wants kits, but as I see it if there is one then if people 'need' it then can get someone to build it for them. Prototypes for which there isnt a current source would be good.

I never understand the wishlists - Big Bertha always seems to score highly. How many layouts of the Lickey are there!!

• RMweb Gold

That would please the Nucast Partners :-O

At least the MR lP 0-4-4 that a couple of people have mentioned is part of a kit range not currently available.

I appreciate not everyone wants kits, but as I see it if there is one then if people 'need' it then can get someone to build it for them. Prototypes for which there isnt a current source would be good.

I never understand the wishlists - Big Bertha always seems to score highly. How many layouts of the Lickey are there!!

Well, I have a Cotswold 16XX (which I think is now the Nu Cast kit), and I wish them the best of luck. I even bought a Branchlines chassis for it last year, in a bid to improve the running qualities over the existing chassis, which is based on Gibson 64XX side frames.

But a RTR one would still be very nice.

And yes, I'd buy a couple of M.R. 0-4-4Ts as well, if they're announced!

Archived