Hornby 2017 Range (announcement date)

MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Premium

Ah Jason / Steamport Southport - many thanks for your posts at 115 and 117 above, which indeed were in response to my question slightly earlier. Yes, I agree your thoughts - I had forgotten about the photo of the inside valve gear.

I suspect Hornby's development team have had to curtail their 2017 announcements a little in light of financial constraints, well documented here (I'm glad to see the relevant item has fallen to the third page of the Hornby section - there is so much better to discuss). But in their 24 November statement to the stock market they said that the "2017 product range focused on smaller number of profitable lines". That could mean that, for example, one or two locomotives have been put back to 2018. We shall probably know in due course!

John

Edited by it's-er

Did Gresley BGs appear in Crimson and Cream?

I thought it was limited to BGs rostered to front line express passenger work which, in the early 1950s, would mainly have been Thompson ones.

Plain crimson (as opposed to maroon) might be a better bet.

John

You are correct John

I did mean crimson

• RMweb Gold

If Hornby are interested in marking relatively recent historic anniversaries lets not forget in March it's 20 years since the start of Virgin on the West Coast so maybe a set with a 90, Mk3s and DVT.

Blimey, that makes me feel old!!

How time passes...

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

Did Gresley BGs appear in Crimson and Cream?

I thought it was limited to BGs rostered to front line express passenger work which, in the early 1950s, would mainly have been Thompson ones.

Plain crimson (as opposed to maroon) might be a better bet.

John

Correct. Never appeared in crimson cream. Edited by davidw

Hi All,

Not long to wait now for Hornbys 2017 news, I hope it's a successful year for the company as things seem to be moving forward and it's an important brand for the hobby.

The taster page from the catalogue shown at Warley had a bright yellow and orange loco shown and I will be very happy that a Colas 60 appears in the range. Ideal to go with those nice Revolution tanks that will appear this year.

All the best

Mark

• Like 3

Hi All,

Not long to wait now for Hornbys 2017 news, I hope it's a successful year for the company as things seem to be moving forward and it's an important brand for the hobby.

The taster page from the catalogue shown at Warley had a bright yellow and orange loco shown and I will be very happy that a Colas 60 appears in the range. Ideal to go with those nice Revolution tanks that will appear this year.

All the best

Mark

Absolutely agree here and hopefully there'll be a plain red 'DB Schenker' class 60 in there too!

Given we had the bow Enders last year, I'd say about a zero percent chance of new tooled gwr coaches. Given its rotational and has some link to their loco programme, I'd reckon if we do see any steam era newly tooled carriages, they'll be either Southern based to support the MN release or Stanier designed for the retooled Duchess

David

• RMweb Gold

Yes indeed 10am tomorrow for the full 2017 range to go live.

I will also post a round up on my blog at http://www.grahammuz.com of those items of a Southern / Southern Region interest as soon as the full list has gone live on the Hornby website.

Edited by Graham_Muz

"That it should come to this!" (Mazak Rot!)

"Now is the winter of our discontent" (but the new Coke hoppers shall ensure plenty of domestic fuel!)

"The King's name is a tower of strength" (but the front bogie may need a little attention!)

"O! she doth teach the torches to burn bright" (She has never quite mastered the CV adjusments!) 

• RMweb Gold

"That it should come to this!" (Mazak Rot!)

"Now is the winter of our discontent" (but the new Coke hoppers shall ensure plenty of domestic fuel!)

"The King's name is a tower of strength" (but the front bogie may need a little attention!)

"O! she doth teach the torches to burn bright" (She has never quite mastered the CV adjusments!) 

Half a pound of sausages.