Hornby 2017 Range (announcement date)

MGR Hooper!

Well, yes, otherwise their January announcement will be pretty flat. But to be honest I don't expect much more than perhaps some additional coaching stock and a few more wagons

I think more Collett coaches in different liveries would be a winner - the original run went very quickly (I am aware Kernow have some 'blood & custard' ones) - surely maroon and a different GWR livery would also sell?

• RMweb Gold

I think more Collett coaches in different liveries would be a winner - the original run went very quickly (I am aware Kernow have some 'blood & custard' ones) - surely maroon and a different GWR livery would also sell?

I would think maroon is a racing certainty but i'm not quite so sure about which GWR livery they might go for.

• RMweb Gold

I would think maroon is a racing certainty but i'm not quite so sure about which GWR livery they might go for.

I would expect them to monopolize on the Shirtbutton livery that was available in the recent train set unless it's cheap to set up the tampon printer, I can see these going like hot cakes like the last lot.

Edited by 81C

I would expect them to monopolize on the Shirtbutton livery that was available in the recent train set unless it's cheap to set up the tampon printer, I can see these going like hot cakes like the last lot.

I agree - but I wasn't aware Hornby were in the business of decorating ladies sanitary wear.....

A rebody would be the best option as it can also be put on the LNER XX chassis!

Nooooooooooooooooo.

How about a Cravens Diag. 1/146? Could even be Numbered up as a head Wrightson build. That would give us another body variation and not step on Mr Parksides toes. They are a good way there with quite a bit of existing tooling being usable from the Coke Hopper and Diag, 100 Hurst Nelson Coal Hopper. There's hundreds of photos available ( Why did the Snibston Discovery Museum have to scrap their perfect examples?) and therre is an intact example hid away in Chopwell Woods.

5544098845_d74e0592b4_b.jpgIMG_3927_1 by aj.gardner, on Flickr

Throw in one of those nice new cast metal chassis of the correct length with a few bits from their Tope and they've produced another version of the 21 ton hopper for minimal outlay.

post-508-0-06288100-1483131417_thumb.jpg

Once they've done that, maybe they can do a nice little 14" 0-4-0 Andrew Barclay (2320 or 2322 would be nice) to pull those new hoppers. The production of the AB would also not step on that nice Mr High Levels size elevens and be a overdue replacement for that Long in the Tooth and way overpriced DJH job.

Me? Wishlist? Never!

P

Yes, but that doesn't mean there is no opportunity for them right now.

Frankly anyone who was willing to part with a H&P wagon would probably see it's resale value peak right about now.

I thought I answered that in the original post?

None of which are totally accurate as they all use the wrong wagon type. Usually a RCH 7 plank. An Oxford one will fall into that trap.

However, Hornby actually have a wagon that's closest to the real one in their 6 plank. As far as I know they haven't made a H&P version.

Scroll down on the link here for the prototype.

http://glostransport...o.uk/index.html

I'm virtually saying "Yes. Make a H&P wagon. Just as long as they use the correct wagon type".

Jason

I'm virtually saying "Yes. Make a H&P wagon. Just as long as they use the correct wagon type".

That would be very nice.

I think they'd still sell even with the wrong wagon. Having gone to so much trouble on the Peckett having an accurate wagon too would be good.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

• RMweb Gold

Given the way that Hornby announced loads of new stuff for this year, most of which was then cancelled and most the remainder not yet delivered, my sense of expectation over Hornby's 2017 announcements has been somewhat dulled. :sarcastic:

I reckon, if not for the 2017 range then 2018 - Caledonian Sleeper Mk3s & 87. If Hornby were to consider putting such a detailed loco into a pack, then it could allow them to release 87002 & 2/3 Mk3s?*

*Or a FL Class 90!**

HSTs in GWT Merlin, FGW Fag Packet Green & Gold, FGW Barbie? After the MML HST PCs, Surely some of the GW liveries are on the cards next?

Another Wessex liveried 153 would also be nice for us modelling the South West in the late Noughties to Mid 00s. Heart of Wessex, Heart of Wales or the St Ives Bay Belle / Looe Valley Explorer would be a nice and pleasant surprise!

I'd be surprised to see an Electrostar coming from Hornby - If you look at which manufacturer has worked with whom, Bachmann seems to have a good relationship with Bombardier, Alstom & Hitachi with Hornby. But we don't and wont know until next week!

**Not entirely serious comment, although Hornby will have stolen a march over Bachmann and it's long promised 90 with the 87s chassis.

Edited by surfsup

And my final wish from Hornby. A Consistent and matching range of models painted in FGW's Blue Please! I Just cant bring myself around to spending 200 on the new HST Power Cars with that shade of blue. It's far too light (as is the Harry Patch Power Car) and adds to the mismatch found on the Night Riviera Mk3s, the 3 different batches of HST Mk3s (Original, Modelzone & 2015), HST Power Cars and FGW 153.

• RMweb Premium

And my final wish from Hornby. A Consistent and matching range of models painted in FGW's Blue Please! I Just cant bring myself around to spending 200 on the new HST Power Cars with that shade of blue. It's far too light (as is the Harry Patch Power Car) and adds to the mismatch found on the Night Riviera Mk3s, the 3 different batches of HST Mk3s (Original, Modelzone & 2015), HST Power Cars and FGW 153.

Don't want much do you lol.

Well to keep us NER modellers under control I think the wooden 20t hopper would do us. I have tried to batch build but with time more scarce than Hornby Peckett s I have failed to do so in about 8 months. They could almost be single moulds but the number of handrails is the thing that pushes the price up with all the hand assembly required.

For an 'announcement' of the date topic it's been allowed to turn into another pointless wishlisting thread. Sorry to disappoint but the decisions have already been made, the catalogues printed and no doubt the web pages prepped ready for release at the appointed time.

I would just wish for Hornby and the other manufacturers to be successful and may 2017 be a very good year for us all... :imsohappy:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

2017 covers several upcoming significant anniversaries, some of which could be catered for by Hornby in various ways: 

20th anniversary - A model of the loco hauling the last BR train, the 2315 Dollands Moor-Wembley, on 21 November 1997 by 92003 Beethoven https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_92

50th anniversary - To mark the final Southern Region steam services, a train pack consisting of a filthy, nameless, Bulleid pacific with three Mk1s in green and blue/grey

4VEP in original 1967 condition - blue with small yellow panels

A class 50 numbered D400

60th anniversary - First Pilot Scheme diesels in service - class 31 D5500 released

70th anniversary - the final year of the Big Four:

Original Merchant Navy with set of Maunsells in malachite

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Gutted the Class 31's are cancelled as I was looking forward to a BR Blue (TTS) & BR Green one.

Just maybe they'll be pushed back to next year! (I do recall that happening previously with the MK2D Brake in BR Blue Grey).

2017 covers several upcoming significant anniversaries, some of which could be catered for by Hornby in various ways: 

20th anniversary - A model of the loco hauling the last BR train, the 2315 Dollands Moor-Wembley, on 21 November 1997 by 92003 Beethoven https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_92

50th anniversary - To mark the final Southern Region steam services, a train pack consisting of a filthy, nameless, Bulleid pacific with three Mk1s in green and blue/grey

4VEP in original 1967 condition - blue with small yellow panels

A class 50 numbered D400

60th anniversary - First Pilot Scheme diesels in service - class 31 D5500 released

70th anniversary - the final year of the Big Four:

Original Merchant Navy with set of Maunsells in malachite

Well spotted - I wonder if we'll see the previously 'cancelled' green 31 in 2017...?

Would be nice!

cheers,

Keith