Andrew Barclay 14" & 16" 0-4-0ST in OO Gauge

Hattons Dave

21 hours ago, JohnR said:

You will only get charged when they dispatch. No payment is taken now. 

Thanks for confirming, as far as I went to checkout before seemed to suggest payment was needed upfront, which made me a bit nervous given what's happening with Hattons at the moment.

Also wonderful news, feigned innocence and the NCP fine has been cancelled!

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, HExpressD said:

Thanks for confirming, as far as I went to checkout before seemed to suggest payment was needed upfront, which made me a bit nervous given what's happening with Hattons at the moment.

Also wonderful news, feigned innocence and the NCP fine has been cancelled!

I only ordered mine last weekend and as mentioned by @JohnRno money was taken (maybe 1p ??) it's just a 'valid' credit card check, there wasn't a Paypal option but I think that I queried this earlier in the thread and that is partly why I held off ordering another one until now. 

Hopefully somebody will take these on for us in the future but Hattons were offering the version that I couldn't resist this time around, that being a lined blue 16" which matches Chemicals / Harry which worked for a time at Crossley Evans scrap yard in nearby Shipley during the mid 70s.

Edited by 03060
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 17/01/2024 at 19:23, 03060 said:

I only ordered mine last weekend and as mentioned by @JohnRno money was taken (maybe 1p ??) it's just a 'valid' credit card check, there wasn't a Paypal option but I think that I queried this earlier in the thread and that is partly why I held off ordering another one until now. 

Hopefully somebody will take these on for us in the future but Hattons were offering the version that I couldn't resist this time around, that being a lined blue 16" which matches Chemicals / Harry which worked for a time at Crossley Evans scrap yard in nearby Shipley during the mid 70s.

Pre-order duly placed for the Caledonia Works loco, for not really any reason other than it's grey, and I'm boring and like grey.

Likewise, I had to approve the transaction in the Halifax app, the transaction for £0.00 that is...

The quirks of technology and security I suppose

• Like 2

I wonder when we'll hear what the plan is. With the web stating April to June as possible arrival times, one would have to assume it's ready to go into a production slot. It could be risky for them to try and keep an element of the business going to fulfill these orders - carrying the cost of the production for months until they're in punters' hands, and what to do with any excess if you're no longer the retail force that is/was Hattons.

I suppose a lot depends on when their lease on the warehouse runs out (or how long it is until the next break point). If they're still having to pay the rent, then it's probably not a huge additional commitment to keep on enough staff to finish off all the pre-orders that they have on the books. The real end will come when the premises close down.

• RMweb Gold

I’ve put an optimistic pre order in but will be pleasantly surprised if it actually gets fulfilled by Hattons. Think all we are doing is helping Hattons sell the tooling ‘with proven ongoing demand’.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

I’ve put an optimistic pre order in but will be pleasantly surprised if it actually gets fulfilled by Hattons. Think all we are doing is helping Hattons sell the tooling ‘with proven ongoing demand’.  

I'm not sure that's the case. If that's the idea I'd be bemused that they have selected liveries which the next manufacturer may not stick to. If what you suggest was the case I'd have thought there'd be the option to pre-order one with no specifics as to livery etc, more of an expression of interest kind of thing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Nova Scotian said:

It could be risky for them to try and keep an element of the business going to fulfill these orders - carrying the cost of the production for months until they're in punters' hands, and what to do with any excess if you're no longer the retail force that is/was Hattons.

Batch two of the Genesis coaches are also due in the same time frame and will probably keep Hattons busier than the Barclays. I wonder if, at the bitter end, Rails or TMC might end up as the vendor for the very last of the stock.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything further on the Andrew Barclays? I already had one on order and assumed that it was going to be lost, but now it looks like there's a possibility of it still going ahead I may throw in another preorder. Just wary the last date for orders on the website is Wednesday!

From the Jenny Kirk video, my overall impression is that they are being made. Whether it will be Hattons that deliver them to us or an "interested party", only time will tell. (same for P and coaches).

• Agree 1

Still available on preorder on the Hattons website until (I believe) 12 noon today - just checked now and the webpage is still active but haven’t tried ordering as I preordered two a few days ago!!

If they do still produce this second batch, now is the time to throw you hat (and cash) in the ring and get an order in!

Steve S

(Two ABs and a P please, Bob)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Still available on preorder on the Hattons website until (I believe) 12 noon today - just checked now and the webpage is still active but haven’t tried ordering as I preordered two a few days ago!!

If they do still produce this second batch, now is the time to throw you hat (and cash) in the ring and get an order in!

Steve S

(Two ABs and a P please, Bob)

Agreed. I put down for an AB this morning. 

Maybe should have ordered a P as well, but I'd be ordering out of sympathy rather than a real want. I have bluebell from the first batch and I'm quite happy with it. 

Thanks

Paul. 

Given how leaky things have been and the number of indications I'd really been hoping for an announcement by now. I'm certain it's not easy, working out the details on something like this isn't fast, I'm just impatient.

1 minute ago, Nova Scotian said:

Given how leaky things have been and the number of indications I'd really been hoping for an announcement by now. I'm certain it's not easy, working out the details on something like this isn't fast, I'm just impatient.

I don't quite understand what you are waiting for.

They are available for ordering with some sold out.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/1484058/0/hattons_originals/mfrnest

A couple of the Warwells have sold out since the other day so if you are interested don't hold off as they might go!

Jason

2 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

I don't quite understand what you are waiting for.

They are available for ordering with some sold out.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/1484058/0/hattons_originals/mfrnest

A couple of the Warwells have sold out since the other day so if you are interested don't hold off as they might go!

Jason

Final decision had not been made on the run as per their post. 

Screenshot_20240204-095551.png

4 minutes ago, Nova Scotian said:

Final decision had not been made on the run as per their post. 

Screenshot_20240204-095551.png

That was a while ago though.

Everything else was wiped from the website apart from the items above.

I'm afraid if you are waiting for announcements to confirm it then you may have a long wait as I don't think there are many staff left!

Jason

6 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

That was a while ago though.

Everything else was wiped from the website apart from the items above.

I'm afraid if you are waiting for announcements to confirm it then you may have a long wait as I don't think there are many staff left!

Jason

We'll see

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Nova Scotian said:

We'll see

What do you gain by waiting ?

it costs you nothing, and ordering gets you closer to getting the model by stacking up the numbers in favour of production.

By waiting your only risk is seeing what you want sell out or not made.

Dont forget Hattons could always use a distribution warehouse to ship if their own is gone by that point.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, adb968008 said:

What do you gain by waiting ?

it costs you nothing, and ordering gets you closer to getting the model by stacking up the numbers in favour of production.

By waiting your only risk is seeing what you want sell out or not made.

Dont forget Hattons could always use a distribution warehouse to ship if their own is gone by that point.

I have one on pre-order.

My "We'll see" comment was about future announcement of the plan - eg. whether the run will happen, and how.

Per two comments ago, there's some pretty firm indications of what will happen and I'm really keen on knowing the details so I can plan to either keep my pre-order (eg. price is close to what was stated), and plan for when it'll go on my credit card.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Nova Scotian said:

I have one on pre-order.

My "We'll see" comment was about future announcement of the plan - eg. whether the run will happen, and how.

Per two comments ago, there's some pretty firm indications of what will happen and I'm really keen on knowing the details so I can plan to either keep my pre-order (eg. price is close to what was stated), and plan for when it'll go on my credit card.

one consideration is the value of the tooling, its attractiveness will decline the more it is used, as the market demand will fade.

So if they are made, the elapsed time to a new run under new ownership may extend… i’d be surprised if a new run under new ownership would happen in under 2 years as it is, the DJ-EFE J94 was circa 18 months, pre-covid.

of course nothing prevents these turning up in new ownership and fulfilled by hattons either.

Edited by adb968008

The Andrew Barclay is moving to Accurascale - Hattons should send over the data to them, but if you haven’t heard about your pre order in 2 weeks, chase up with them 

IMG_6279.png.0fc60d1179d8bd5c2c95e27bfafb45c5.png

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1