Andrew Barclay 14" & 16" 0-4-0ST in OO Gauge

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold

Yep......Top result though one's wallet has just walked off. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

T

10 minutes ago, Hattons Dave said:

Hi everyone,

Following on from the new batch of SECR P Classes earlier this week, we have now announced nine new variations of the Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST covering a whole new range of industrial, works and plain liveries!

These are also due to arrive with us in Q2 2024.

All are available to pre-order now for £85 each HERE

Cheers,

Dave

H4-AB14-013_cat1.jpg

H4-AB14-014_cat1.jpg

H4-AB16-005_cat1.jpg

H4-AB16-006_cat1.jpg

H4-AB16-007_cat1.jpg

H4-AB14-009_cat1.jpg

H4-AB14-010_cat1.jpg

H4-AB14-011_cat1.jpg

H4-AB14-012_cat1.jpg

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Hattons!! I guess I wasn't the only person pestering Hattons staff about this model every time I spoke to you. The price of these and the new P Class batch is also a nice surprise in the current economic climate. I can't tell you how happy I am that 'Efficient' has been included in this batch, but all the liveries are really nice - I think I probably need them all.

On a completely unrelated subject, can I interest anyone in a couple of pre-owned kidneys? Some signs of use and buyer will need to collect.

Edited by JamFjord
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Yep, as predicted a trip to the relevant page went entirely as expected. 

Rob. 

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

Hattons, what are you doing to us? More open wallet surgery required. I'm ordering another Barclay to go with the P Class on order to support the dealer who is releasing top-quality locos at affordable prices. Top job! 👍

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Fantastic.  Back when the first batch came out and Hattons said they were open to suggestions for future releases I had contacted them to suggest No.47, because I thought a NCB blue 14" would complement the green and black NCB 16" examples from the first batch, so I'm particularly delighted that they are doing that one.

I think the details of the named/numbered ones are:

NCB No. 47 (AB 2157/1943 - NCB Kinneil Colliery, Bo'ness)

"Carbon" (AB1704/1920 - NCB Bank Hall Colliery, Burnley)

"Efficient" (AB 1598/1918 - McKechnie Bros. copper works, Widnes)

"Victory" (AB 2201/1945 - Stewart & Lloyds/BSC, Newport Tube Works)

"Wallace" (AB 2266/1949 - ICI Gaskell Deacon works, Widnes)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, SteamingWales said:

You mean "Wallace" didn't shunt wagons at a cheese factory!!! Very disappointing 🤣

But there is an idea for a layout 🤔

I was half expecting it to be one from some Scottish Distillery, along with another pug called "Bruce"

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, wainwright1 said:

Was  there one called Grommet ?

No yet.......

Rob

4 hours ago, Hattons Dave said:

Hi everyone,

Following on from the new batch of SECR P Classes earlier this week, we have now announced nine new variations of the Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST covering a whole new range of industrial, works and plain liveries!

These are also due to arrive with us in Q2 2024.

All are available to pre-order now for £85 each HERE

Cheers,

Dave

Efficient isn't right. The prototype has a curved cab opening for one thing. What's the prototype for the Caledonia Works one? There is an engine of that name, but it's a much smaller type and is painted green.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Wrong cab on Efficient though....

Jason

37 minutes ago, Ruston said:

Efficient isn't right. The prototype has a curved cab opening for one thing. What's the prototype for the Caledonia Works one? There is an engine of that name, but it's a much smaller type and is painted green.

41 minutes ago, 26power said:

@Hattons Dave Hi.  Will these, and other newly announced production runs of previous models, be available through the model shops that stock your own brand models?  In the interests of supporting my local shop etc.  Thanks.

To answer a couple of questions:

1) We are ware that Efficient's cab is square-sided rather than round but it has been such a popular request and was very local to us (running less than 2 miles away) as well as being in close to standard Barclay green so we decided it was too close not to choose.

2) These items will only be available via Hattons, this time.

3) The Caledonia Works model is a semi-fictional release as we have not seen any images of these exact locomotives in this livery. Still, there are other Barclays in various works grey liveries so we have done this as a 'what could have been' as prototypically literate as possible.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Wrong cab on Efficient though....

Aye, but I was thinking a conversion would be doable. There would need to be a fair bit of weathering and detailing added anyway to match current condition iirc.

Edited by JamFjord

20 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Yep......Top result though one's wallet has just walked off. 

Rob. 

On the other hand, you could just about get two of these for the price of one Model Rail PWM. If the earlier batch is anything to go by, these will probably run better than the PWMs too.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

On the other hand, you could just about get two of these for the price of one Model Rail PWM. If the earlier batch is anything to go by, these will probably run better than the PWMs too.

No probably about it...........

• Like 1

Just when I thought I had my addiction under control, I succumbed to a Hornby “Bear” and a second MODEL RAIL

J70 … and then Hattons go and announce a new batch of Andrew Barclays (of which I already have two), at least two three of which immediately caught my eye…

My wallet may need resuscitation in the very near future…

HOURS OF FUN!

Edited by SteveyDee68
  • Like 1

Think the cab is wrong on Victory too, as it has a coal bunker but fully understandable from the perspective of utilising the existing tooling suite to provide the widest range of models, have ordered the 14" Caledonia Works (as it is similar to 1219)  and the Unnumbered Lined Blue 16" ones.

16 hours ago, JamFjord said:

Aye, but I was thinking a conversion would be doable. There would need to be a fair bit of weathering and detailing added anyway to match current condition iirc.

You would need to find a good match for the green though and line the cab after altering it. If I remember correctly it's not that far off BR "Brunswick" Green.

ISTR it was Ray (Marshall on here) who was one of the ones who repainted it back in the day. The lettering was all done by hand by the volunteers rather than getting a professional signwriter in.

It was my regular engine at one point.

Some photos of it here when it was immaculate. Well before my time I hasten to add. Imagine H&S nowadays.

https://www.transporttreasury.com/p1071116337/h801F651F#h801f63bc

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

You would need to find a good match for the green though and line the cab after altering it. If I remember correctly it's not that far off BR "Brunswick" Green.

This comes up every time there is a new loco livery.

Simply contact the manufacturer and ask for the RAL number.

When the PI 'Victory' was announced, I was about to repaint a 'Janus' diesel shunter, which I wanted to match my chosen 'Victory' livery.

A quick email to PI secured me the specified RAL number, which allowed me to obtain a aerosol can of matching paint.

So, when the 'Victory' arrived, I already had a matching 'Janus' waiting in the sidings.

John Isherwood.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 3