During the extra hot weather, the hand built track on Alsop suffered severe warpage and now the three way point no longer switches smoothly…

Put it to one side Chris and focus on another section for a bit, then come back to it later. It’ll probably look recoverable after a break from it.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Go outside, try a stress relieving form of exercise, as recommended by Dr. R. R. Hood*

1120481229_dis-crop-axethrowing-3502.jpg.fe448ed773e4ec3776c55acc8915340e.jpg

*Not an actual medical doctor...

If you’d have posted that yesterday I’d have probably taken an axe to the layout

but I’m stubborn and don’t like to give up easy so I have re-ordered the required bits

Sarah also suggested to leave it a little and come back when you feel up to it (in other words when you’ve stopped sulking)

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Which is why I considered your feelings and posted it today ...

I suspected as much and it’s appreciated thank you

7 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

You may have noticed from my thread that I have had to walk away from a number of ongoing projects!

We went to Bakewell today and we’re thinking of taking the dog out for a walk at Carsington water tomorrow, I can’t make things worse if I’m not here 😆

• Friendly/supportive 4

17 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

I suspected as much and it’s appreciated thank you

We went to Bakewell today and we’re thinking of taking the dog out for a walk at Carsington water tomorrow, I can’t make things worse if I’m not here 😆

That sounds like a good idea regardless of how things are going with the layout.

We went out last night because the neighbors fire alarm was going off for three hours before someone came to reset it. Neither of us can stand electronic noise. A hurtle round the Trough of Bowland stopped our ears ringing if nothing else.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Nick C said:

Going out for a good long walk solves many problems in my view.

I think just getting out of the house did me a world of good, not to mention having a nice lunch while we were out which is always a bonus

25 minutes ago, Nick C said:

Except for having Covid, which is stopping me going for any walks at all at the moment, or doing much else...

Until I had myself I didn’t realise just how debilitating it was, just getting up to make a cuppa felt like a big effort

Hope you get well very soon

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Hi Chris, sorry to hear about your spillage. Everyone on here are rooting for you. All part of the caring and supportive RMWeb community. Good to be on here for inspiration people like you give and support you and others can give back when things don't go to plan, isn't it?

This and the other threads I follow all have the same vibe.

Best wishes and hoping for a positive de-spillage. 

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

As many have said - don't give up Chris.  Your modelling is great, and I'm sure you can overcome this latest setback.  Give it a day or so and hopefully you will have a plan to repair the damage.  No point beating yourself up over what has happened.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Chris, just caught up with your thread and sorry to hear of your spillage. I hope you feel better about it today and if you ned a break nothing wrong with that at all. Your modelling is stunning and you've an undoubted talent so I've no doubt that you will bounce back with an idea or plan to rectify it, I'll look forward to seeing some more updates. 

Take care. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

A barge has arrived today along with an oversized bucket

D1AE7162-0511-444E-90C0-E03CE18F9A64.jpeg.8f1583a2626b8800f362e6be8125f4e5.jpeg

I hoped I could get away with the over scale bucket as a coal hoist tipping bucket but I think it might be too big?

The barge will require sanding to within an inch of its life but I’m sure I can do something with it

• Like 13
  • Round of applause 2