Bachmann Class 47

steveb860

• RMweb Premium

A heads up to anyone who interested, Kernow MRC are now splitting the Bachmann Silver Jubilee sets so you can buy the Union Jack Class 47164 separately at £89.99 http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/55128/25-2014D-Bachmann-Class-47-Diesel-Locomotive-number-47-164

Edited by brushman47544

Is the roof colour actually correct though?  Looking at photos it doesnt look correct compared to photos of 47164.

I'd agree, in June 77, it had the wrongly done Union Jack .

It also had silver battery boxes and a standard Stratford grey roof it appears, not silver like the Bachmann .

By October it's lost the battery box colour entirely, and got a proper flag whilst retaining the white roof.

I haven't checked the Bachmann flag but logically it should be the earlier.

To complicate matters further there's a pic in this livery with 0000 in the blinds, not dominos

• RMweb Premium

I'd agree, in June 77, it had the wrongly done Union Jack .

It also had silver battery boxes and a standard Stratford grey roof it appears, not silver like the Bachmann .

By October it's lost the battery box colour entirely, and got a proper flag whilst retaining the white roof.

I haven't checked the Bachmann flag but logically it should be the earlier.

To complicate matters further there's a pic in this livery with 0000 in the blinds, not dominos

When 0O00 was displayed in the No 2 end, there is also a photo with 1N35 in the No 1 end. This did not last long; there are photos of dominoes with the incorrect Union Jack as well as the later corrected one. I haven't seen the Bachmann model in the flesh yet, but in photos the buffers look silver and the roof a different colour, more white.

When 0O00 was displayed in the No 2 end, there is also a photo with 1N35 in the No 1 end. This did not last long; there are photos of dominoes with the incorrect Union Jack as well as the later corrected one. I haven't seen the Bachmann model in the flesh yet, but in photos the buffers look silver and the roof a different colour, more white.

All the photos I've seen of the model, the roof colour is same as battery boxes - bright silver

• RMweb Gold

I have an odd problem with my Bachmann 32-801ds.

It runs when there is no power to the track !!!

I am all DCC with a Gaugemaster Q, and a HF2 track cleaner in line.

No other loco mimics this behaviour on the same track.

My 32-801ds has had its DCC chip replaced with a blank panel chip.

I also removed the blank chip and swapped it for a new one.

I am presuming somewhere there's AC from the track cleaner in the track when the controllers off / at neutral and somehow it's doing something with this...but with A blank chip surely that shouldn't be happening - certainly no other loco I have is doing this.

Confused... Very much... Certainly gave me a quick wake up start to my working session this morning when I added it to the track turned on the mains and saw it speed off into the distance despite everything being off !!!

Here's a picture with the shell off, I don't see anything "rewired" but don't know how it compares to "standard".

Any help is appreciated failing that do I need to go to church and get divine intervention to this possessed little thing...

post-20773-0-54673400-1465725655_thumb.jpeg

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

Has it somehow memorised a power setting assigned to the loco number on the chip, so as soon as current is applied to the track it moves? Try selecting that loco number on the controller, then turn the controller power on then back to zero.

• RMweb Premium

I am all DCC with a Gaugemaster Q, and a HF2 track cleaner in line.

Are you DC or DCC - the Gm Q is a DC analog controller.

Cheers,

Mick

I am all DCC with a Gaugemaster Q, and a HF2 track cleaner in line...

I see your Gaugemaster controller in the picture, and take that as an indication that you are using DC. Three of the direction switches are not in neutral position. Quite possible they are 'leaking' onto track, try with them all set to the mid position.

• RMweb Gold

Yes I am all DC.

I remove Dcc chips and swap them with blank plates.

This one I got via ebay, with sound removed and Dcc blank fitted, I changed it any way for another blank plate, but could there be something otherwise remaining from when it was sound fitted ?

I had it coupled to an 08 it was trying to drag along, but correctly the 08 was dead.

Possibly related, possibly not, but I note my Bachmann DLW dmu will sit there with lights on but not moving...when the controller is off. this I do relate to the track cleaner..if I remove the hf2 from the circuit, it's not lit up, which is what lead me to think this 47 is doing something along those lines.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

Question...has Bachmann ever produced a 47 in WCRC livery ? I know there was a 57 special (Model Rail ?) done some time ago and that Vitrains have produced one . Now that The Collector's Club have a 37 'to go' I wondered whether a 47 might be on their minds at Barwell. They are in everyday use on charter specials and enthusiasts must see them regularly or travel behind one perhaps in top and tail mode ....Now that's a thought for marketing a pair together ?

Question...has Bachmann ever produced a 47 in WCRC livery ? I know there was a 57 special (Model Rail ?) done some time ago and that Vitrains have produced one . Now that The Collector's Club have a 37 'to go' I wondered whether a 47 might be on their minds at Barwell. They are in everyday use on charter specials and enthusiasts must see them regularly or travel behind one perhaps in top and tail mode ....Now that's a thought for marketing a pair together ?

Only produced by Vitrains so far.

You need to track down the source of the traction current.

Not wishing to teach you to suck eggs, but you need to start at the mains plug and work up the wiring and supply equipment until you reach the track. Somewhere in there will be a piece of equipment that is supplying the power.

Good luck mate.

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

You need to track down the source of the traction current.

Not wishing to teach you to suck eggs, but you need to start at the mains plug and work up the wiring and supply equipment until you reach the track. Somewhere in there will be a piece of equipment that is supplying the power.

Good luck mate.

Dave.

Its the track cleaner.

I took it out of the circuit.. it stops.

Doesn't affect any other loco, I can only assume that this loco somewhere has something taking the feed to operate it. It used to be DCC sound, but was bought as DC (DCC sound & chip removed).. somewhere in the wiring on the loco its getting power to the motor. Not sure I want to rewire it and risk losing the operating lights (they are controlled from on /off switches under the fuel tanks)..its wiring seems more complex than your average loco.

For now I'll just operate it offline of the track cleaner.