Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Or hold back a couple from each model run and charity auction them after they have sold out.

I do wonder why some retailers don't keep back stock of sought after models and drip them into the market several years after initial sell-out. Sure it is tied up investment, but potential profits if they gauge the market correctly. I've bought long-obsolete new stock from retailers for original RRP or maybe current RRP, when nearly-new ones are going on Ebay for 200% of that.

I think this is Olivia's trains model. Plenty of rare but popular stuff at or above RRP.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

You will have to wait and see if @Accurascale Franand @McC have it set up for their retirement fund............might be a while then.

They can't retire any time soon. Too many models to make. NIR Hunslets, 80s 70s AECs BUTs MEDs etc then the Irish steam loco & carriage range.

And the Glasgow Blue.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Finally got 9016 chipped today and tested on the layout C98E6F12-24CF-402B-A321-EB97C8AD38A4.thumb.jpeg.6c99b7b4cf667982804f0cb800f5723b.jpeg

Will need to reattach one of the chains, which despite my best efforts ended up detaching itself between the workbench and layout.

Is there a way with DCC to switch between day and night headlights?  Random button pressing didn’t find anything.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

7 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Is there a way with DCC to switch between day and night headlights?  Random button pressing didn’t find anything.

Night headlights are on F22, I assme if you have day lights on it will switch between the two?

• Thanks 1

Well, just received my Deltic. Very impressive. Infact so nice I don't want to touch it. My Accurascale Deltic is the only model that I am afraid to touch. It is a real beut.  I think I will definitely order a 2nd one when they offer run 2. Without a doubt it is the most impressive locomotive I have looks wise. Pictures really don’t do do this incredible model justice.

Thankfully ACC were not mucking around with the packaging. It arrived to me in Ohio with no parts broken off. Fully intact. The shipping was great. From the time they sent it to the time I received it was 3 days I think.

Anyway can't praise the lads and ladies at ACC enough. I am looking FWD to receiving my Class 37 and Class 92.

Edited by wairoa
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, The Fatadder said:

Finally got 9016 chipped today and tested on the layout C98E6F12-24CF-402B-A321-EB97C8AD38A4.thumb.jpeg.6c99b7b4cf667982804f0cb800f5723b.jpeg

Will need to reattach one of the chains, which despite my best efforts ended up detaching itself between the workbench and layout.

Turn the headlights off. F22 turns the night lights on or F23 turns the yard lights on (no headlight; only marker lights).

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Or hold back a couple from each model run and charity auction them after they have sold out.

I do wonder why some retailers don't keep back stock of sought after models and drip them into the market several years after initial sell-out. Sure it is tied up investment, but potential profits if they gauge the market correctly.

Ive seen several retailers do exactly that, and on ebay.

The risk is blowing the bubble they create…

if every retailer “held a couple back”, or collectors “squirrel them away”..then

1. the customer is starved,

2. prices inflate,

3. manufacturers detect demand

4. A new run is announced

5. retailers dump

6. prices collapse

7. demand is sated

8. the manufacturers new run doesnt sell.

9. All of them end up dumped cheap on ebay.

Weve seen so many times over and over that turning the taps on a second time swamps the market and leaves manufacturers with stock that doesnt shift.

Class 55’s right now reminds me of Pecketts a few years ago… of course have a quick search for k1, J15,J50 and K2’s….. bachmanns SECR C class went for the stars, but the second run didnt impress. Even Hornbys Clan after a decade wait has seen them discounted by retailers.

A reality check… how many people bought a porterbrook one, because they heard that the herd is buying one, so they must have one ? I’ll openly admit being sucked in, despite only ever seeing it once at Doncaster and its likely I might let it go.

Demand and desire are different things, if a 2nd run of 9016 gets announced, I’ll bet my porterbrook Deltic that several will trickle out on ebay, demand and price will fall.

Even a 2nd run of Deltics in other variants will tamper overall demand for all of them, but thats not the issue, but i’d caution against the temptation of re-runs… thats a Hornby thing and credibility in the future will fall amongst collectors who will assume theres no such thing as rarity so no point jumping in up front in the future.

2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Ive seen several retailers do exactly that, and on ebay.

The risk is blowing the bubble they create…

if every retailer “held a couple back”, or collectors “squirrel them away”..then

1. the customer is starved,

2. prices inflate,

3. manufacturers detect demand

4. A new run is announced

5. retailers dump

6. prices collapse

7. demand is sated

8. the manufacturers new run doesnt sell.

9. All of them end up dumped cheap on ebay.

Weve seen so many times over and over that turning the taps on a second time swamps the market and leaves manufacturers with stock that doesnt shift.

Timing is critical when it comes to re-runs.  Or to put it another way, yes it's probably a bad idea to do it immediately.

Also the break-even batch size to cover the intial tooling is likely to be rather larger than the size of run needed to justify a rerun while still remaining profitable.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

4 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Why? 😆

Put bluntly, tooling seems to have a c.20-25 year live before technology overtakes it.

There are calls for accurascale to produce a new Class 50, 18 years after Hornby did a new one. Yes there were some errors in the cab window shapes, but also technology has moved on to include the potential for motorised fans and moving louvres, as well as improved underframe detail.

The Hornby MN similarly was groundbreaking when released in 2000, but was arguably overtaken slightly by the Rebuilt Light Pacific c.10 years later, and now is generally regarded as ripe for a retool and improvement to 'modern' standards.

If we compare the leap of the AS Deltic to the similar leap of the Hornby MN, we can expect someone to produce a new model in around 2045!

Of course laser scanning means that shape discrepancies are less, so the leap for any retooled model next generation will be less.

Then again, the only RTR manor currently is the Mainline model first tooled in 1980 (albeit with a 1990s chassis). It will have taken 42 (maybe 43) years for AS to deliver a replacement. At that rate, maybe the Deltic COULD fund their retirement...!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Why? 😆

To model the new full size 9016 converted to run on battery's with sounds provided by  a speaker system. Duracell livery.

Accurascale will announce a model 3 years in advance of its production with easy payment terms. Modellers will be on here complaining that they missed out a week after its release despite having had the aforementioned 3 years to get their act together

Welcome to RMWeb in 2040 🤣

• Funny 7

Been away for a couple of weeks, so my two Deltics have only just arrived. And I have lighting issues with both of them….

Before I contact Accurascale, I wondered if anyone else had hit the same problems - and fixed them

My sound fitted D9009 Alicydon does not want to illuminate the cab lights with F12 nor the engine room lights with F25. Do any cvs need tweaking?

The head and red marker lights are fine though

Im hitting one problem at a time, so I want to get these fixed first

Thanks

Phil G

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, philg said:

Been away for a couple of weeks, so my two Deltics have only just arrived. And I have lighting issues with both of them….

Before I contact Accurascale, I wondered if anyone else had hit the same problems - and fixed them

My sound fitted D9009 Alicydon does not want to illuminate the cab lights with F12 nor the engine room lights with F25. Do any cvs need tweaking?

The head and red marker lights are fine though

Im hitting one problem at a time, so I want to get these fixed first

Thanks

Phil G

Dont wish to patronise but have you tested this in the dark? The cab and engine lights are prototypically dim (unlike the headcodes and tale lights to be fair :))

Edited by MikeParkin65
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Dont wish to patronise but have you tested this in the dark? The lcab and engine lights are prototypically dim (unlike the headcodes and tale lights to be fair :))

Not patronising at all. I did try looking closely but didn't discern any difference between ON & OFF, but I'll double check later (not that it goes that dark at the moment!!)

Though the engine room lights on my other model (with a temporary Zimo decoder) are plenty bright enough to see

• RMweb Gold

Is there a full list of which function controls which lights for the non sound version?  I could only see the sound version on the website (I am assuming perhaps incorrectly that this will be dictated by the hardware in the loco rather than the specific decoder.  I havent actually used a 21pin decoder before)

12 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Is there a full list of which function controls which lights for the non sound version?  I could only see the sound version on the website (I am assuming perhaps incorrectly that this will be dictated by the hardware in the loco rather than the specific decoder.  I havent actually used a 21pin decoder before)

Accurascale sent me the attached, but I haven’t been able to see the cabs illuminated yet….

EDF53169-A2FC-4DAB-8F4E-A8C580AB7998.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

16 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

It's a bit of both.

To make the most of it you'd need a 10 function decoder, and then you'd need to look up what F keys go against what output by default in the manual for the decoder and compare with the table above.